Hello 420mag community!

enriquebarra

420 Member
Hey all!

After checking a few of the threads and posts on the Grow Room I've decided to register, introduce myself and my crop, just starting week 3, to confirm whether everything is going well (or not). I am enriquebarra writing you guys from distant South America, this is my first attempt so I decided to use autoflowering seeds.

Setup:

• 60x60x160 tent,
  • one clip fan,
  • 220w LED (20/4 light cycle, from 22:00 to 18:00).
  • one 125mm TT extractor fan (not used so far)
  • one 100mm line extractor, to be installed backwards to bring air into the tent (once the TT extractor fan is installed)
  • four 11Liter pots
  • Biobizz Lightmix soil.

Current Conditions:
  • temperature : 19-21°C (winter is starting today so I must take an eye on the temperature from now onwards)
  • humidity: 55%-65%

The Crop:

Green Poison Auto from spanish seed bank Sweet Seeds. Two plants in 11Lt pots.

gp1.jpeg
gp2.jpeg

Think Different Auto from Dutch Passion. Two plants in 11Lt pots.

td1.jpeg
td2.jpeg

You're probably going to wonder why the differences in the amount of soil. As I mentioned this is my 1st crop :oops::rolleyes: and I initially filled the pot at 3/4 of its capacity in order to fill in a couple of times as the plant stem grew in height.

Well, the Green Poison ones grew very fast so I basically filled both pots within the first two weeks, however both Think Differents have not raised as fast and tall so I kept the pot at 3/4s for the time being. Checking on the seed bank website, GreenPoison is advertised as a 9 week from seed to harvest, whilst TD is advertised with an 11 week. Might this be reason of why they have developed differently? if the conditions are not met to continue filling that pot with substrate, is this going to affect an eventual yield by much?

Feeding Schedule (Biobizz)

Week 1&2

I've feed them with little water every 1 or 2 days, only when I notice the soil is drying.

Around 100ml daily, purified water with a bit of CalMg to bring the EC at 0.5 (PH 6.3). On some of the feeds, I've added a small dose of root enhancer (I have Mills Start R on hand, instead of Biobizz's Root Juice ) and also mycorrhizae (Plant Success Great White) to both the soil (specially when filling soil in) and irrigation water.

Week 3 (started last Saturday 19/6/21)

I started adding a small dose of veg nutes and stimulants to the irrigation water:

To a 0.5L jar with purified/demineralized water, I am adding aproximately 0.5 ml Mills Start R, 0.5ml of BioGrow, 0.5ml BioHeaven and 0.5ml Alg-a-mic. After mixing, irrigation water PH is around 6.15 and EC around 0.7.

As a newbie, i am a bit concerned with the Think Different in particular as they are not growing much in height, or at least at a much slower pace. I got the Green Poison seeds right before starting the crop, but the TD's on the other hand since November last year, properly stored on their box though. Both seeds were germinated and planted in the soil simultaneously.

Also, any recommendations on how to adjust the Biobizz feed schedule to autoflowering kinds like this ones? I've read about the risk of overfertilizing and burning the plants at the early stages, but wouldn't want to raised them with deficits either.

Hey all!

After checking a few of the threads and posts on the Grow Room I've decided to register, introduce myself and my crop, just starting week 3, to confirm whether everything is going well (or not). I am enriquebarra writing you guys from distant South America, this is my first attempt so I decided to use autoflowering seeds.

Setup:

• 60x60x160 tent,
  • one clip fan,
  • 220w LED (20/4 light cycle, from 22:00 to 18:00).
  • one 125mm TT extractor fan (not used so far)
  • one 100mm line extractor, to be installed backwards to bring air into the tent (once the TT extractor fan is installed)
  • four 11Liter pots
  • Biobizz Lightmix soil.

Current Conditions:
  • temperature : 19-21°C (winter is starting today so I must take an eye on the temperature from now onwards)
  • humidity: 55%-65%

The Crop:

Green Poison Auto from spanish seed bank Sweet Seeds. Two plants in 11Lt pots.

gp1.jpeg
gp2.jpeg

Think Different Auto from Dutch Passion. Two plants in 11Lt pots.

td1.jpeg
td2.jpeg

You're probably going to wonder why the differences in the amount of soil. As I mentioned this is my 1st crop :oops::rolleyes: and I initially filled the pot at 3/4 of its capacity in order to fill in a couple of times as the plant stem grew in height.

Well, the Green Poison ones grew very fast so I basically filled both pots within the first two weeks, however both Think Differents have not raised as fast and tall so I kept the pot at 3/4s for the time being. Checking on the seed bank website, GreenPoison is advertised as a 9 week from seed to harvest, whilst TD is advertised with an 11 week. Might this be reason of why they have developed differently? if the conditions are not met to continue filling that pot with substrate, is this going to affect an eventual yield by much?

Feeding Schedule (Biobizz)

Week 1&2

I've feed them with little water every 1 or 2 days, only when I notice the soil is drying.

Around 100ml daily, purified water with a bit of CalMg to bring the EC at 0.5 (PH 6.3). On some of the feeds, I've added a small dose of root enhancer (I have Mills Start R on hand, instead of Biobizz's Root Juice ) and also mycorrhizae (Plant Success Great White) to both the soil (specially when filling soil in) and irrigation water.

Week 3 (started last Saturday 19/6/21)

I started adding a small dose of veg nutes and stimulants to the irrigation water:

To a 0.5L jar with purified/demineralized water, I am adding aproximately 0.5 ml Mills Start R, 0.5ml of BioGrow, 0.5ml BioHeaven and 0.5ml Alg-a-mic. After mixing, irrigation water PH is around 6.15 and EC around 0.7.

As a newbie, i am a bit concerned with the Think Different in particular as they are not growing much in height, or at least at a much slower pace. I got the Green Poison seeds right before starting the crop, but the TD's on the other hand since November last year, properly stored on their box though. Both seeds were germinated and planted in the soil simultaneously.

Also, any recommendations on how to adjust the Biobizz feed schedule to autoflowering kinds like this ones? I've read about the risk of overfertilizing and burning the plants at the early stages, but wouldn't want to raised them with deficits either.
Hello @enriquebarra welcome to 420magazine.
Great start to your garden
Weak nutrients are fine make sure you alternate feed/dry/water/dry feed/dry/water dry.
Soil has to dry between watering.
Fill pots before you transplant.
You have extra space your roots will need.
Also don't fill pots right up to the leaves.
If the leaves touch soil they get necrosis.
If you start a journal tag me @Bill284 and I'll follow along and help if I can.
Good start thought. :goodjob:
Bill

If you don't plan to up-pot, I'd let the soil dry on the 3/4 full pots & take the plant out of the pot, fill it 1/4th the way with soil & put the plant back in the pot. I'd do it soon though as Auto's start to flower around week 3 & you don't want to do much to them after that.

Hey guys! thanks a lot for replying.
I will start a journal in a bit, just finishing a few things this week (incl. filling the 3/4 full pots) and will get to it. I'll definitely @ you guys for advices and general questions.

If you don't plan to up-pot, I'd let the soil dry on the 3/4 full pots & take the plant out of the pot, fill it 1/4th the way with soil & put the plant back in the pot. I'd do it soon though as Auto's start to flower around week 3 & you don't want to do much to them after that.

I was thinking on doing it as soon as the soil dries. Any hints for the procedure itself? 've read that people suggest adding mycorrhizae to colonize the added soil and also on the soil w/ root system you're about to transplant.

Thanks a lot!

I will start a journal in a bit, just finishing a few things this week (incl. filling the 3/4 full pots) and will get to it. I'll definitely @ you guys for advices and general questions.

I was thinking on doing it as soon as the soil dries. Any hints for the procedure itself? 've read that people suggest adding mycorrhizae to colonize the added soil and also on the soil w/ root system you're about to transplant.

Thanks a lot!
I'm not going to be able to answer that. I have terrible luck with Bio-Biz Soil. Every plant I tried to grow in it died on me. I only use Fox Farms Ocean Forrest. I never have to add anything to it accept nutes every few days.

Thanks a lot!
Get your self some @DYNOMYCO
Your roots will love it.
A lot of growers concentrate on the plant and forget the most important part, the roots.
Keep roots healthy and happy she will reward you.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom