Hello all

I'm a fairly new medicinal user, finding my way around strains and growing.
I have Fibromyalgia, ME, Neuropathy, Insomnia and severe spinal origins which 3 operations, including spinal fusion, haven't given me the relief I was hoping for.
Any advise on strains very welcomed.
I'm UK based, so nothing legal here.

I'm a fairly new medicinal user. Trying to find my way around the strains and growing world.
I have Fibromyalgia, ME, Neuropathy, Insomnia and severe spinal issues which 3 operations, including fusion, haven't given ne the relief I longed for.
Any advise on strains very very welcomed.
Hey @Annie Dee I'm so sorry to hear of your ailments.
Do you have access to R.S.O ( Rick Simpson Oil )
I take it daily.
It would be a big help to you for sure.

Stay safe
Bill

Hi Annie and welcome. Unfortunately trying to tell you the right strain is not that simple. Every person is different so results will vary. The same strain tat makes one person sleepy will make another wide awake. Most strains will help will pain relief. For the insomnia it depends on the root cause. If it is more inability to menially shut down like anxiety, sativas work well. If it is physical restlessness indicas would work well.

Sativas are more of a mental effect without as much body. Makes you want to paint or create something. Indicas are more body effect. Indica melts you In da couch.

I broke 3 vertebra rupturing the disks that ended up with 2 turning degenerative. Personally I found relief with sativas. It alleviates the pain but I am motivated to get up and move around. Sitting still makes it worse for me so indicas were a temporary relief but it would just cause more compression.

You may need a daily regiment of different strains. My uncle uses Jack herer in the morning for bronchitis, laughing buddha or Jamaican for PTSD and Thai for insomnia.

Hello Annie and welcome. My wife has had six knee surgeries. Dispensary Blue Dream worked reasonably well. I've grown Jack Herer for daytime and Super Silver Haze for the evening. These seem to work as well or better than the dispensary. Of course when you grow your own you are more meticulous with trimming and curing than some commercial growers. It does seem as though the Sativas are better for the pain.

Forgot to mention that strain names are not exclusive. Three different seed banks selling Jack Herer (for example) will grow into three entirely different plants and come from entirely different genetics. The only thing they may have in common is the name. My Jack herer is from original harvest with low THC and high CBG. Others are 24%THC 1% CBG. So get the seed bank with any strain recommendation.

When you harvest and how you cure has a big impact on the finale effect. You can dial in exactly what effect you need in your own grow.

Annie, Sativa 1970 is absolutely correct, different breeders provide different results. My "auto" JH came from Crop King and they state 16.25 THC and .14 CBD. From experience, the THC from my grow is significantly higher, easily 20%. Many of the new hybrid strains will give the initial Sativa effect for a while and then settle in with the Indica relaxation, allowing you to sleep.

Annie, Sativa 1970 is absolutely correct, different breeders provide different results. My "auto" JH came from Crop King and they state 16.25 THC and .14 CBD. From experience, the THC from my grow is significantly higher, easily 20%. Many of the new hybrid strains will give the initial Sativa effect for a while and then settle in with the Indica relaxation, allowing you to sleep.
Oh wow, that sounds interesting. So much for me to learn!
I haven't experimented with hybrids as I'm unsure which strains to go for - namely for my Insomnia I think, as if I can get to grips with that, then pain will be easier to cope with.
Thank you for the info.

Forgot to mention that strain names are not exclusive. Three different seed banks selling Jack Herer (for example) will grow into three entirely different plants and come from entirely different genetics. The only thing they may have in common is the name. My Jack herer is from original harvest with low THC and high CBG. Others are 24%THC 1% CBG. So get the seed bank with any strain recommendation.

When you harvest and how you cure has a big impact on the finale effect. You can dial in exactly what effect you need in your own grow.
I had a feeling I knew that harvesting times affected the final quality but hadn't realised curing did. Is it just trial and error or is there reading material?
Thanks for the advice.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Annie Dee

First I want to introduce you to our Medical Section if you have not been there. It's a good place to do research.

I noticed you mentioned that you are starting to grow, her is the section to place you grow journal so we can follow along' and help if needed.

How to Make a Grow Journal

Also, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Back
Top Bottom