Hello, finally!

JockeyBud37

420 Member
Hello fellow enthusiasts.
After years of suffering through prescribed opoids for severe neuropathies, years of nothing but no hope, my doctors asked how i felt about medical cannabis? I hadn't thought of pot since my 20s. They said, it's not "pot", it's medical cannabis. About one year later, my "pain life" has done a complete 180. Thank goodness for medical cannabis.
I'm in the greater metro NY area, so things are slowly coming around. Just got whole flower!
I can't grow indoors, so I'll be waiting till the spring to germinate, then grow my own outdoor plants. I hope to be well educated and bursting with knowledge, by then. I'm a composter, so I'll have fantastic, healthy growing medium come then.
I've seen that what I'm looking for are feminized self flowering seeds for the easiest, no brainer, first grow. Hoping to find some reputable vendors here.
That's about it. Thank you all in advance. I'll be watching quietly in the corner, for a bit.
If I've done or said anything wrong, please edit, or delete.

Hi @JockeyBud37 welcome to 420 magazine. What a great success story; pain free and free of those addictive painkillers. So we'll done for that:thumb:
If its knowledge you seek, then look no further than this place. Its packed full of every style and method you can imagine. Have a browse about and don't be afraid to ask questions; It's how we learn. Hopefully, we will eventually see you plant your first seeds.:) You will also be able to share your knowledge about composting, as I certainly need help on that subject.
Good luck anyway, we will all help as much as we can

Take care

Paul

Welcome! Congratulations on your turn around! There are lots of good helpful people here!
:hookah:

Hi @JockeyBud37 welcome to 420 magazine. What a great success story; pain free and free of those addictive painkillers. So we'll done for that:thumb:
If its knowledge you seek, then look no further than this place. Its packed full of every style and method you can imagine. Have a browse about and don't be afraid to ask questions; It's how we learn. Hopefully, we will eventually see you plant your first seeds.:) You will also be able to share your knowledge about composting, as I certainly need help on that subject.
Good luck anyway, we will all help as much as we can

Take care

Paul

Thanks Paul.
I have to compost in a small area, so i use a tumbling composter. As long as i do a 4 to one brown to green mix, and tumble once a week, my compost is rich and beautiful!
20211031_174112.jpg

Yummy! Wish there were a bigger secret i could share!

Thanks Paul.
I have to compost in a small area, so i use a tumbling composter. As long as i do a 4 to one brown to green mix, and tumble once a week, my compost is rich and beautiful!
20211031_174112.jpg

Cool, thanks for that, I just chuck kitchen scraps in an old bin, and wait till untill I can't recognise what part of my dinner it was:laugh: then I spread it on the garden.. so I think I've been doing it wrong.. I'm going to have a look for a tumbling compostor..
I will be back with more questions :cheesygrinsmiley:

Cool, thanks for that, I just chuck kitchen scraps in an old bin, and wait till untill I can't recognise what part of my dinner it was:laugh: then I spread it on the gardn.. so I think I've been doing it wrong.. I'm going to have a look for a tumbling compostor..
I will be back with more questions :laugh:

I've had great success with my tumblers, but there is a formula i try to follow strictly. I won't clog things up here, and I'm no pro, all I've learned, I've read online. But feel free to message me with any questions. (As i will do if needed!)

Thanks Paul.
20211031_174112.jpg

I have a worm bin, I put all my kitchen veggi scraps in.

I have a worm bin, I put all my kitchen veggi scraps in.

Worm bins are cool. I'm not that advanced, yet! I put all brown inkless paper bags through a shredder, all fresh saw dust i can find, use those as browns, then add all veggie and fruit scraps. Any dry yard waste works well too. That pic i posted was just taken. The tumbler forms "compost balls". I just throw them in the garden and rake them out. They're like little goodness bombs for my blueberry bushes, lol.

Welcome JockeyBud37, this is the place!

Thanks @StoneOtter , nice to be here!
i see you "luved" my compost pic, how'd you do that? Lol. I see i can "like" a comment, but not "luv". No biggie! Thanks. I started composting a year or 2 before covid. It takes 2 weeks for a head of lettuce to compost, but 10 YEARS to decay in a landfill! I have kids, and i can't hand the planet over to them, like this. We have to do better. My opinion, of course!

Hello fellow enthusiasts.
After years of suffering through prescribed opoids for severe neuropathies, years of nothing but no hope, my doctors asked how i felt about medical cannabis? I hadn't thought of pot since my 20s. They said, it's not "pot", it's medical cannabis. About one year later, my "pain life" has done a complete 180. Thank goodness for medical cannabis.
I'm in the greater metro NY area, so things are slowly coming around. Just got whole flower!
I can't grow indoors, so I'll be waiting till the spring to germinate, then grow my own outdoor plants. I hope to be well educated and bursting with knowledge, by then. I'm a composter, so I'll have fantastic, healthy growing medium come then.
I've seen that what I'm looking for are feminized self flowering seeds for the easiest, no brainer, first grow. Hoping to find some reputable vendors here.
That's about it. Thank you all in advance. I'll be watching quietly in the corner, for a bit.
If I've done or said anything wrong, please edit, or delete.
Welcome to 420magazine my friend.
Glad to have you with us.
Stay safe.
Bill

Thanks @StoneOtter , nice to be here!
i see you "luved" my compost pic, how'd you do that? Lol. I see i can "like" a comment, but not "luv". No biggie! Thanks. I started composting a year or 2 before covid. It takes 2 weeks for a head of lettuce to compost, but 10 YEARS to decay in a landfill! I have kids, and i can't hand the planet over to them, like this. We have to do better. My opinion, of course!
I'm on a laptop. If I hover my cursor over the like button several options come up tp choose from.

Back
Top Bottom