Hello from down under - Help Needed

Hi guys , so I was excited to measure the ph thinking it would be way out and that would be my issue resolved, it measures ph 7 ???? I was under the impression 6-7 was ideal . Now this is my last clone , I have a seed germinating ATM so I want to get the clone healthy asap ??? Two questions
1. How wet or damp should the potting mix be ?
2. Should I remove all the damaged leaves just leaving the healthy looking ones at the top ?

17017582987261648407149290815431.jpg

1701758350588257181570964443267.jpg

Update.
So I am almost sure I am over watering my plants, clones and mature alike. So I measured the pH of fresh potting mix it's slightly lower than what's in my pot , about ph 5.5-6 on the fresh mix. So I gently removed my clone flushed in water and reported in a fresh mix which I NEED to water very gently (think I am too heavy handed) new seed will go in to the same potting mix in a few days ..... Fingers crossed the clone recovers and the seed pops it's head up

pH Fluctuations Quick Summary: Managing pH is crucial for cannabis plants to be able to take up nutrients through their roots. When the pH around the roots jumps up and down, it can stress the plant and cause brown spots to appear on the leaves.

the ph of the soil or water is out bud, if you can get a ph test and do a slurry,
what is the soil ? what are the nutrients? you need to list them of no 1 will help :)

see now 2 locations, same soil same feed, same problems, defo the soil or nutes,
there is dedicated soil mixes here, alot of shop bought compost is banged with salts and unknown levelsof npk,

the water could add ca and raise the ph depending on water hardness and that rasises ph too,

Untitled.jpeg
Thank you my friend I think you nailed it. Potting mix was ph5-6 when new , I was over watering them so very wet and the water was7-7.5 . I removed the clone from the pot very gently washed soil off and reporter in fresh potting mix ph 5.8 , and only moist . New seed will go in to the same when ready.

Many many thanks

You got a link to your soil? I don't think your plant looks over watered. when planting I have always fully saturated my soil then plant and wait. If my soil is heavy I'd saturate a day or two before planting. Then wait until the pot is completely dry before watering again.
If your soil is very heavy and compact you can mix some perlite in with it.
Over watering is usually watering too frequently rather then too much at one time.

If pH fluctuations is the issue then just pH down your tap water to 6.0 to 6.5 before watering. Flushing will just waste your nutrients and your microbes will have a easier time feeding your plants.

Stick your forefinger in. If its dry to the second joint about an inch water it. If its not leave it. I grow in coco so a bit different on how often, but for you I’m thinking every 3-4 days at this stage. You’re quicker to kill them with ovwr watering than under. They send their roots out further in search of water that stands you in good stead for the later stages of the grow

Nick

Might be something in that - look at the top of the soil in the second photo. Its split?
Yeah it's hard to tell on my screen but it's usually the compost that have all kinds in it.

Was it Emilia green the watering queen Who done the watering write up? I can't remember

There you go I know a few people have it in the signatures.

Nick

There you go I know a few people have it in the signatures.

Nick
That is the thread for those who are planning on putting their seedling in the final container right from the start. It would also come in handy for those growing autoflower plants.

If the grower is planning on transplanting several times going to a larger and larger pot each time then they probably should read this thread started by Emilya which is linked below. This thread also has the changes that are made to the watering method once the plant goes into flowering.

Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant

That is the thread for those who are planning on putting their seedling in the final container right from the start. It would also come in handy for those growing autoflower plants.

If the grower is planning on transplanting several times going to a larger and larger pot each time then they probably should read this thread started by Emilya which is linked below. This thread also has the changes that are made to the watering method once the plant goes into flowering.

Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant
Cheers bro - it didn’t seem quite what I was looking for but was on a call while I was looking 😅

o I was excited to measure the ph thinking it would be way out and that would be my issue resolved, it measures ph 7 ???? I was under the impression 6-7 was ideal .
The pH scale goes from 0 to 14. The neutral pH is 7. The ideal pH of water depends on what it will be used for. If you are growing in a soil mix containing a good amount of compost, worm castings and decomposing organic material then the best number for the water would be a 6.3 pH. If you want to water with the right pH then you will have to drop that number down.

Now this is my last clone , I have a seed germinating ATM so I want to get the clone healthy asap ???
Not sure why the two cannot be growing at the same time but as long as trying to do it "as soon as possible" is not confusing the issue then go for it.

Should I remove all the damaged leaves just leaving the healthy looking ones at the top ?
Your choice but I tend to leave them on until I see a definite improvement and new growth in the plant. The leaves look like the clone still has not established a proper root mass. The plant is surviving on the moisture in the soil just like it would in a glass of water or a cloning set-up. There is no obvious signs that the plant has developed proper roots yet and that it has new growth in the above ground portion.

Potting mix was ph5-6 when new , I was over watering them so very wet and the water was7-7.5 . I removed the clone from the pot very gently washed soil off and reporter in fresh potting mix ph 5.8 , and only moist .
I believe that there are more growers who do not know the pH of their potting soil than you think and yet are growing healthy looking plants. How do you know the pH of the potting mix? Pouring water with a pH of 7 to 7.5 and measuring what drains out only tells the pH of that water and not necessarily the current pH of the soil.

It is just me but I would not have transplanted and certainly would not have washed the soil mix off the root system on a potential clone.The less the cutting is handled the better until new leaves are growing.

I would leave the plant alone until it improves or gets so bad that it is not worth the effort. Until then water every 4 or 5 days or so allowing the soil a chance to dry out a bit.

Sit back, relax, and let the plants do their thing. I have found it works better than worrying and possibly overthinking the situation.

The pH scale goes from 0 to 14. The neutral pH is 7. The ideal pH of water depends on what it will be used for. If you are growing in a soil mix containing a good amount of compost, worm castings and decomposing organic material then the best number for the water would be a 6.3 pH. If you want to water with the right pH then you will have to drop that number down.

Not sure why the two cannot be growing at the same time but as long as trying to do it "as soon as possible" is not confusing the issue then go for it.

Your choice but I tend to leave them on until I see a definite improvement and new growth in the plant. The leaves look like the clone still has not established a proper root mass. The plant is surviving on the moisture in the soil just like it would in a glass of water or a cloning set-up. There is no obvious signs that the plant has developed proper roots yet and that it has new growth in the above ground portion.

I believe that there are more growers who do not know the pH of their potting soil than you think and yet are growing healthy looking plants. How do you know the pH of the potting mix? Pouring water with a pH of 7 to 7.5 and measuring what drains out only tells the pH of that water and not necessarily the current pH of the soil.

It is just me but I would not have transplanted and certainly would not have washed the soil mix off the root system on a potential clone.The less the cutting is handled the better until new leaves are growing.

I would leave the plant alone until it improves or gets so bad that it is not worth the effort. Until then water every 4 or 5 days or so allowing the soil a chance to dry out a bit.

Sit back, relax, and let the plants do their thing. I have found it works better than worrying and possibly overthinking the situation.
Nice work, Stone. That took some time to write. Full agreement.

Clones grow fast, but they do need love. Mine usually grow out of the stress.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

MGM

what are you feeding ? what is your media ? do you know if the media is buffered ? are you indoor or outdoor ?

you left far too much info out. any diagnosis without that is just a dart toss.

Back
Top Bottom