Hello from down under - Help Needed

Mr woopie

420 Member
Hello all from sunny W.A. I am very very new to this world and my friend who was the go to guy for all info passed away so I am flying solo and have just had a disaster both plants 2 weeks in to flowering died very very fast, one was indoor grow tent and one was placed outdoors but both had same potting and same water nutrients. Now I took a cutting and they were going great in aerated water but since potting they have all but one given up. The last hope I have is now showing leaf discoloration (see photo) it's in potting mix and is kept damp not wet through. I am at a loss as to what's happening and don't want to lose this last girl. Any help would be amazing, I have seen similar leaf photos on here but no one seemed to pin the problem down ?????

IMG20231203143104.jpg

pH Fluctuations Quick Summary: Managing pH is crucial for cannabis plants to be able to take up nutrients through their roots. When the pH around the roots jumps up and down, it can stress the plant and cause brown spots to appear on the leaves.

the ph of the soil or water is out bud, if you can get a ph test and do a slurry,
what is the soil ? what are the nutrients? you need to list them of no 1 will help :)

see now 2 locations, same soil same feed, same problems, defo the soil or nutes,
there is dedicated soil mixes here, alot of shop bought compost is banged with salts and unknown levelsof npk,

the water could add ca and raise the ph depending on water hardness and that rasises ph too,

Untitled.jpeg

That’s very good. I’d probably go with K def. Maybe add a little Cal Mag too, never hurts.

Hello all from sunny W.A. I am very very new to this world and my friend who was the go to guy for all info passed away so I am flying solo and have just had a disaster both plants 2 weeks in to flowering died very very fast, one was indoor grow tent and one was placed outdoors but both had same potting and same water nutrients. Now I took a cutting and they were going great in aerated water but since potting they have all but one given up. The last hope I have is now showing leaf discoloration (see photo) it's in potting mix and is kept damp not wet through. I am at a loss as to what's happening and don't want to lose this last girl. Any help would be amazing, I have seen similar leaf photos on here but no one seemed to pin the problem down ?????

IMG20231203143104.jpg
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend.
Could be overwatering and lack of nutrients.
Have you done any reading on the proper way to water in soil?
Are you feeding at all?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Mr woopie

What strain are you growing and how are you growing it?
I believe PH is your issues as was mentioned above.

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Welcome to 420 @Mr woopie ,maybe start with checking soil ph, Even store bought soil and ground soil (that's what i do ) check water ph you are using before adding nuits and after, just to see where you are on that ,and maybe check for bugs and pathogens if its a fluctuating ph in soil use lime to get it up and sulfur to bring it down and some calcium ,oyster shell flour or crushed oyster shell to help keep it stabilized and keep an eye on ph in soil especially if your using synthetic nuits sometimes less is more hope this gives you an avenue to correct your issue ✌️ and a soil test never hurts weather your doing a lawn or a veggie garden ✌️

a pic of the entire plant would go a long way to helping figure it out. might as well toss darts trying to figure it from a single leaf.

Sorry I think I may have confused everyone, my two mature plants died very fast, I think I over watered and it over fed them. The photo is from a clone I took before they went toes up and was doing very well in the water bubble bath but this started when I potted it. I am using a premium potting mix and just keeping the soil moist I will get a ph meter today as it's looking likely that's to blame. There may be no connection between the mature plant dieing and the photo I am just sooo disappointed after they were doing so well.
Also one other question , when do you know or when should you switch to flowering when growing from seed ( gorilla glue number 4)

Thanks guys

Welcome to 420mag :welcome: Sorry to hear about your plants hopefully you can get the clones to harvest 🤞
Do you use tap water?
Potting mixes usually come with plenty of food in them so your probably just adding water for the first few weeks?
✌️

If your just watering tap with potting soil it's usually ok especially when in veg.
Do you have PH & EC pen?
Whats the soil called you used?
Interested to know the size of the plant a pic would be best if possible..

when do you know or when should you switch to flowering when growing from seed ( gorilla glue number 4)
In large part its a function of the space available, particularly with sativa/sativa dominant.

GG #4 is a bushy strain. You don’t need to worry too much about height constraints. You will want support - especially if you top and atart looking at 8 or so serious colas. Its the highest yielding strain we’ve ever grown. Say you’re growing 4 in a 4x4 I’d let them get to say 30cm-40cm - 12-16”” tall out of the dirt. With stretch and further growth you’d be looking at 1m- 1.2m high plants by the end? Pretty manageable in a tent at that height.

Lovely diesel smell to GG, I had my nose in some Saturday.

Nick

Many thanks for the info. I only grow one plant at a time and in a 1 Mt X 1mt grow tent with a HP's light and one fresh air fan and one extract with carbon filter. My last plant took soo long I felt I switch to flower late as the result was a very tall plant almost up to the HP's light (lack of experience on my part) had a disaster though I think I either over watered or over fed and the result was it died almost in 3-4 days totally un-savable soo disappointing.
When I looked at the root system it was pot bound I think also 😕
Think I need to know more about,
1. When to switch to flowering (either size or weeks)
2. How wet to keep the soil
3. What nutrients to give it in flowering to increase bud size.

May be I got lucky with my very first one (of another strain) but I had massive harvest and no issues 😔

Work on the premise the plant will triple in height after flip. Something like that. May be less, maybe more with some mental sativas. GG maybe a little less, none of ours went past 1.2-1.5m tops. They mostly liked horizontal because they bulked up so much they kept falling over.

Fabric pots and air pots will take away the worry of being root bound they will naturally air prune your roots.

I grow in a 1m x 1m tent and usually grow several plants just smaller. But 4 plants would be perfect in soil. Running a few plants reduces the time you need to veg them before flipping and also gives you four lives so if one goes down you still have a chance.

If one plant is definitely what you want to grow with then you can use training methods like LST and SCROG these will grow your plant horizontally rather then vertically.

With these pots and training methods your flip time would simply be the case of how big would you like your plant plus they are rewarding and fun 😁

Think I need to know more about,
1. When to switch to flowering (either size or weeks)
2. How wet to keep the soil
3. What nutrients to give it in flowering to increase bud size.
Also one other question , when do you know or when should you switch to flowering when growing from seed ( gorilla glue number 4)
Whether from seed or from clone the signs are the same. A photo-period plant can be switched once it becomes sexually mature. Signs include that the nodes are no longer coming out opposite each other. What is seen is a node on one side and the next node is a bit further up the stalk. As the plant ages the distance between the opposite nodes is further and further away. And, there is a spiral pattern to the new nodes that starts showing.

Once this begins the plant is mature enough to start flowering. Or, continue to grow it under 12 hours or more of light for a larger plant.

Some female plants will show a single stigma/pistil at new nodes. A bud never develops and the single flower quickly dies back. It will do this pre-flowering one node after another until the light schedule changes.

There is no way to control the start of sexual maturity for a photo-period plant, only when to start the flowering stage. And, there is no way to turn a sexually mature plant back to a juvenile stage, only ways to prevent flowering.

Do a basic google or any search engine "search" for photos of what all these stages look like and then it will be easy to follow along with your plants.

Back
Top Bottom