Hello!

Paulbunion65

420 Member
Hello,
I'm new to the group and somewhat new to growing. I've grown a half dozen or so indoor gardens over ten or so years, so not that much experience.

My first question (what brought me here) is how long can compost tea stay brewing? I know it shouldn't be stored but what about when it's brewing? Can it stay for a few weeks while its being aerated? I brew in a five gallon bucket with distilled water.
Thanks!

Hello,
I'm new to the group and somewhat new to growing. I've grown a half dozen or so indoor gardens over ten or so years, so not that much experience.

My first question (what brought me here) is how long can compost tea stay brewing? I know it shouldn't be stored but what about when it's brewing? Can it stay for a few weeks while its being aerated? I brew in a five gallon bucket with distilled water.
Thanks!

:welcome: to the forum!

@Emilya can answer that one...

hi! As long as it is being actively aerated to keep out the bad bacteria, and as long as there is food available for the tribe, they will keep multiplying and dying out for a while. You can keep it going for a week or so by feeding a tablespoon of molasses to the bucket every day past day 2, but you do reach a point of diminishing returns after several generations of microbes die out and become part of the slime... it is best to use a tea within 2 - 3 days for full effectiveness.

hi! As long as it is being actively aerated to keep out the bad bacteria, and as long as there is food available for the tribe, they will keep multiplying and dying out for a while. You can keep it going for a week or so by feeding a tablespoon of molasses to the bucket every day past day 2, but you do reach a point of diminishing returns after several generations of microbes die out and become part of the slime... it is best to use a tea within 2 - 3 days for full effectiveness.

Awesome info! Thanks a bunch.

Back
Top Bottom