Help! Big mistake need advice please

Buster1977

420 Member
My buddy flipped his girls 4 weeks ago. He said he's never been down there (basement) before or after hps light turn on or off. But yesterday he did and to his horror the actual room light not the hps but the regular room light has been on the hole 4 weeks of flower!!. I seen the plants and the branches farthest away from the light have nugs but the closer you go to the light the buds thin out until there are none at all just pistols. My question is if he corrects the problem now will he only have 4 weeks to fill em out or maybe they didn't go into flower fully and if he leaves em in 3-4 weeks longer? Or are they doomed to hermi? Any advise is appreciated

Just basically lost 4 weeks, kinda starting over, but worse, they need to go back into flower after being cornfused

That's what happens when u don't verify things

I have no idea what will happen to the parts that are already flowering but I suspect they will continue to flower and be ready in four weeks.

The parts that haven’t flowered yet will probably take 8 more weeks without the light interference. I would say they’re probably higher risk to show some male flowers (herming), but I’d guess they’ll be okay as long as they’ve got good genetics. I think stoping and starting the darkness is what causes hermies, since that extra light was on the whole time, I feel the risks should be minimal.

I think the big issue will be their size, as they’ll grow a lot faster with a proper stretch period, and the presumably got a lot bigger with an extra 4 week veg time. If the size wasn’t a factor then revegging them at 20/4 lighting or something for a couple weeks then flowering them again would probably be the best thing to do.

:passitleft:

I have no idea what will happen to the parts that are already flowering but I suspect they will continue to flower and be ready in four weeks.

The parts that haven’t flowered yet will probably take 8 more weeks without the light interference. I would say they’re probably higher risk to show some male flowers (herming), but I’d guess they’ll be okay as long as they’ve got good genetics. I think stoping and starting the darkness is what causes hermies, since that extra light was on the whole time, I feel the risks should be minimal.

I think the big issue will be their size, as they’ll grow a lot faster with a proper stretch period, and the presumably got a lot bigger with an extra 4 week veg time. If the size wasn’t a factor then revegging them at 20/4 lighting or something for a couple weeks then flowering them again would probably be the best thing to do.

:passitleft:
Its not gonna hurt it at this point. Hes got nothing to lose. Oh and ALL BREEDERS say 8 weeks 7 weeks.....bullcrap! Theyre done when trichomes say they are. So you have more time than you think. My question is why woukd he never check on then?

I would just forget it happened and move forward. Reveging, I don't like the idea of doing that as can't guarantee they will all reveg the same rate and it's just not practical. They may take longer to finish, what is done is done. Just be glad it didn't happen in late flower.

WOW! not to be rude but your friend sure isn't very invested in his work. I can't hardly go 24 hours without seeing my girls. I can't even fathom how someone could leave their grow unattended for 4 weeks! Not just the plants are at stake but the safety of their home would be at stake. What if a plant stretched up into the light and caused a fire? So many factors can have serious repercussions with an unattended grow. Well I hope he learns from this careless mistake and also considers safety in the future above all else.
Good luck with turning things around dude. :ganjamon:

A similar thing happened to me late in flower, the timer broke and the lights stayed on... i didn`t notice for a long time as i was only going in to check when i knew the lights would be on. All my beautiful buds started turning back to leaves, at least he has time to try and salvage the crop :goodluck:

I've just lost a full crop due to a light timer malfunction. It's getting turned into bubble hash tomorrow.
Knocked the timer on 3-4 weeks in. They stalled for a few weeks then started and looked like they were gonna burst out at any minute but they never did. Gonna make a bangin(if somewhat expensive) bit of hash though:)

WOW! not to be rude but your friend sure isn't very invested in his work. I can't hardly go 24 hours without seeing my girls. I can't even fathom how someone could leave their grow unattended for 4 weeks! Not just the plants are at stake but the safety of their home would be at stake. What if a plant stretched up into the light and caused a fire? So many factors can have serious repercussions with an unattended grow. Well I hope he learns from this careless mistake and also considers safety in the future above all else.
Good luck with turning things around dude. :ganjamon:
He didn't leave them unattended for four weeks he just never went down before hps lights went off or before they came on. He tended to them daily just didn't notice the room light had been on

He didn't leave them unattended for four weeks he just never went down before hps lights went off or before they came on. He tended to them daily just didn't notice the room light had been on

Oh, Well that makes a lot more sense... LOL. Sorry for my assumption but it sure sounded like he left them for 4 weeks lol.
In my defense I was pretty high when I first read this thread lol.

Its not gonna hurt it at this point. Hes got nothing to lose. Oh and ALL BREEDERS say 8 weeks 7 weeks.....bullcrap! Theyre done when trichomes say they are. So you have more time than you think. My question is why woukd he never check on then?
He checked them daily just never when lights were off

Back
Top Bottom