Help! DWC ASAP!

Brassico

Hi sorry to see manic im not i just am new to dwc i grow in soil so im having some trouble i believe root rot is ruled out i need professional assistance to what the yellow on the leaves and colas is Please anybody that has any info let me know iv never seen this before

here the roots and here the top colas and leafs its around the leaves mostly

Can you take some pictures with the blurple turned off? Or at least adjust the white-balance on your camera to compensate? Of the greenery, yes - but especially of their root systems.

How's that tub setup What's going on in there how many cfm pump do u have what's your air stone size how often it the air pump running what's the Rez temp.

no enzyme cleaner the roots are clumped with shit and am i suppose to clean them off with running water down them ever so gingerly

Roots look bad to me. I see a lot of clomping and browning I'd say Rez temp to hot and not enuf oxygen it looks not to be flowing at all

That was my thought. Plants of any size (that I've grown) in DWC should have large root systems that are, more or less, white. Kind of like a bucket full of spaghetti. Mine used to fill 23+ gallon rubber totes by harvest time - and that was one plant per tote. I couldn't really tell the color due to a combination of the poor color representation in the pictures and my color perception issues, but what I saw didn't scream, "HEALTHY!!!" at me.

I assumed that the OP had disabled the oxygenation/aeration devices prior to taking the picture. But one never knows, I assume.

OP: Are you using the usual air pump and air-stones? It can't hurt to add more. And I'd suggest one of these:
full

It's called an aquarium power head, and they are as cheap as $20 at department stores. Adds air via venturi effect, dead simple device (like one moving part, no bladder or diaphragm to tear, et cetera), and helps keep the solution in the reservoir mixed.

Also, the bulk of the oxygenation occurs at the surface layer, when all those bubbles are actually bursting. Oh, and keep your air pump up off the floor, to prevent siphoning if there's a power failure and/or a problem with the pump's anti-drainback valve (if it has one). If you're adding supplemental CO₂, it'd probably be best to keep it out of the grow room.

no enzyme cleaner the roots are clumped with shit and am i suppose to clean them off with running water down them ever so gingerly

Assuming you are not using so-called "organic" nutrients, H₂O₂ (hydrogen peroxide) is an excellent reservoir maintenance tool. I used to add 5ml to 15ml per gallon as a regular thing, and would have probably added more if I'd ever seen any kind of microbial growth. <SHRUGS> And as it decomposes, it releases even more O₂ into the solution, lol. A double-win.

how long do u think they will live without it

IDK. If it was me, I'd kill the thing to save the other plant. Or kill them both, sterilize the reservoir / air stones / lines and start afresh. I never grew multiple plants in the same tub - one plant getting an issue like this tends to affect all of them, otherwise.

Trying to save (one or both of the) things, that really goes beyond my scope of experience, lol. I suppose you could try soaking everything in the root zone - including the roots, of course - in 3% hydrogen peroxide like they sell at grocery stores, for a couple/few minutes. Could get the hairy eyeball, though, pushing a shopping cart loaded with that many bottles of H₂O₂ up to the checkout counter.

Good luck, whatever you decide. As least it looks like they're still in the vegetative phase. Won't lose much if you take the painful - but ultimately, probably best - step and restart the grow after a thorough cleaning.

OK so NEW PLANT BOYS TRANSPLATING THEM TO SOIL SHOULD WE CUT BACK THE ROOTS THERE BIG OR is this even a good idea dwc is a pain in the ass i can grow in soil not this shit tho so if i cut roots back and put them in soil should i be good?

dwc is a pain in the ass

Simplest thing in the world if one understands the (few) basic things involved, IMHO.

i can grow in soil not this shit tho so if i cut roots back and put them in soil should i be good?

Remember that root system size should balance the size of the above-ground portion of the plant. Therefore, if you trim the plant's roots, you'll want to remove a comparable percentage of the greenery.

And I'd definitely wash the roots in a peroxide solution to kill the brown slime.

Wipeout. The nutrients are SO dark. Make doubly sure your nutrients aren't organic. My nutrients are clear except when I add certain flowering additives

Make sure you have a lot of air in your nutrients. I use an 80 liter air pump for 2 pots in a 50 gallon system. It's overkill, but it works really well. Air stones are weak. It works well for fish, but unless you have quite a few I don't think it's enough... personal opinion. Look into diffusers

King Joe brought up Flying Skulls Z7. I've never used it, I'm a Hydroguard guy, but you NEED an inoculant for your roots. It doesn't matter which you use, as long as you follow directions.

Nutrient temps should be below 70ish. That isn't written in stone. I've had my temps over 77, but not for very long. Warmer temps are what the bad stuff thrives on.

Follow your nose. If you walk in your grow room and it smells bad, it's highly probable you have root problems.

Someone brought up hydrogen peroxide... this is the single strongest tool you have against cuddies. I use 30% strength to make life a little easier. If you get high strength make sure you use eye protection and gloves... this is important. This stuff will mess you up.

Don't give up. It's worth sticking to it. I have rarely seen a soil plant that has the stalk size and prodigious greenery as a dialed in RDWC given the same time, and grow parameters. Deep water culture is known for this.

Back
Top Bottom