Help needed: what's wrong with these plants?

Where do I dry these buds?
You can find some helpful info from legendary cannabis expert Ed Rosenthal: HERE.

I am planning to build a small drying room that will have shelves with stainless steel screens, dehumidifier, air conditioning, and fan. The best is to "cold dry" buds. I'll be shooting for 65°F. Terpenes start to evaporate around 68°F.

I'm in a warm, humid environment here in tropical Hawaii, and mold is a big problem. I'm also off-grid on solar power, so my electrical power is limited.

For now, I have three "quick and dirty" methods for drying buds. My best option is to put them in brown paper bags on a table in the hot, sunny greenhouse. This way only takes a few days, but it's hit-or-miss because of cloudy days and rain. I also have access to a food dehydrator with a low setting around 90°F. I also sometimes use the oven as a drying chamber, using the round base of a different food dehydrator to provide the heat, and a little fan for air circulation. The buds sit inside screens I built using a wooden frame and window screen, setting on the oven racks. The dehydrator methods aren't as good as the paper bags – more terpenes are removed.

I also use moisture packets (i.e. silica gel) to help get the buds completely dry, to the point where the twigs will snap. I like very crispy buds for my grinder. So, I'll put the moisture packets in my jars.

So what should I spray in the buds if I have bud rot in some of the big buds but each time only in one spot per biggest buds.

Hydrogen peroxide.
- 6 fl. oz. of 3% peroxide (or 12 tbsp) in 1/2 gal.
- daily
- will the buds still dry? When can i stop spraying em? When they are dry and I put them on jars?

So what should I spray in the buds if I have bud rot in some of the big buds but each time only in one spot per biggest buds.
Please read again what I said...
I personally would clip off all buds that have a lot of necrosis or are suspected of having bud rot. Throw them away. For the rest of the buds, decide which ones are ready to harvest and harvest them. If you have definitely found evidence of bud rot anywhere on your plants, then the remaining plants and buds should be sprayed with a hydrogen peroxide solution daily. My recipe is 6 fl. oz. of 3% peroxide (or 12 tbsp) in 1/2 gal. pure water in a pump sprayer.
So, first remove infected buds, and buds with a lot of dead/brown/yellow areas, and throw away. If you have a good size bud with some rot or necrosis and want to try to salvage it, you can harvest it and trim out the bud rot.

Then, also harvest any buds that are rot-free and also ready to harvest – i.e. trichomes are ready.

Once you have done the above, then spray the remaining plants and buds daily w/ the peroxide solution. Let them dry out completely before harvesting. Keep using your fan(s).

So only spray if there is any plants left to stay to grow. No spraying for buds already harvested. This is what I am understanding you are saying.

Reread your first message and yes thats it. Sorry i am sleep deprivated so trouble w understanding things clearly

Rot on the still standing trees I very carefully remove, bag it, feel sad for a minute, then carry on.

Given the fact you’re already seeing it, I would suggest you inspect them closely and then do a thorough bud wash for anything you are then planning to dry, cure and keep.

I’ve been made aware that the vast majority of us growing outside, will lose a percentage and that’s just the way it is.
Do your best to keep it all healthy and enjoy the fruits of your labour once cured 😁

was looking to spray buds in drying to avoid mold spread or reborning. But i guess no spraying when drying

Thank you. Yah pretty visible and advanced bud rot. Only in some of the big buds. I guess fan was offline, dehumifier off, spraying for bugs and not drying it w fans created this

Yah I actually throwed out more than just the bud rots just in case. I might just throw even the good buds away

Of course i cut out the mold out before drying. But if i miss mold and it spreads in drying is what i tried to avoid w spraying. Never dry mold rot buds 🤮

Back
Top Bottom