Help needed: what's wrong with these plants?

Does it spread if I have fans running?

Does it spread when during harvesting if I have the buds touch each other?

Is it enough if I remove only the area that has rot in the bud and keep rest of the bud in that specific branch?
It will spread and fast too if u see it get ur buds while u can .yes a fan would work great I hang mine in my attic it gets over 120 degree up there iv gotta clean some uo now already dry.just need to see how much budrot I have to Deal with

Thank you a lot. Really need advice now

What do you think about the idea of having air purifier next to the tent when doing harvest? That could help to slow the spreading little bit.

The air purifier pushes new clean air while taking dirty air and cleaning it
Any little bit would help I suppose...I don't think clean air can be bad

Any little bit would help I suppose...I don't think clean air can be bad
But the sun will kill any mold.on ur buds UV light if any kind will.this coloa is from Phaded typhoon I just cut Friday morning

20220920_130119.jpg

WOW thats a new one on me sun and UV rays kill bud rot.
Dam what have we all been doing not just putting the rotten bud back in the sun to dry.

The mold spores wont ever go away once you have the rot.
I would not smoke it but each to there own..
Try popping a dry bud and watch the puff of smoke.
thats not good for yours lungs..
;)

But the sun will kill any mold.on ur buds UV light if any kind will
It has to be a strong radiation emitting ray..more powerful than the sun puts on us everyday..think of it like using a magnifing glass to start fires with the sun..but the sun doesn't just light the earth on fire by its self

WOW thats a new one on me sun and UV rays kill bud rot.
Dam what have we all been doing not just putting the rotten bud back in the sun to dry.

The mold spores wont ever go away once you have the rot.
I would not smoke it but each to there own..
Try popping a dry bud and watch the puff of smoke.
thats not good for yours lungs..
;)
No UV won't kill bud rot it kills mold spores 👌

No UV won't kill bud rot it kills mold spores 👌
LOL enough said.
As i said nothing is going to kill and remove mold spores this is why MOST of us wont smoke moldy bud.
Some people wont even use it for RSO etc etc.
But each to there own i wont ever be smoking a bud with rot unless i miss it.
As i said dry it how ever you want you wont get rid of those spores puffing out your bud when broken up.
If the spores are alive or dead you really dont want to be smoking it.

PS. i dont know if you have bud rot , just did not want you smoking
something 'I' would call maybe a health risk. bro science / you tube can be dangerous
as well as informative

So should I just throw all the plants away or try to salvage the best looking ones?

If the spores spread through wind i should not have a fan on when drying?

Vivianna, here are my recommendations...

First, necrosis is a different thing than bud rot. Necrosis is death of plant tissues... leaves and buds, calyxes in buds, etc. If you've got a lot of necrosis happening before the buds are ready to harvest, this is a big problem – it probably means the plants didn't get enough nutrition in flower phase. Necrosis can also be caused by systemic nutrient problems, such as pH problems and lockout.

Big point here: necrosis can lead to bud rot, because the fungus likes to get started on dead material. BUT, it's possible to have necrosis without bud rot. Some of the photos posted here look like necrosis, not bud rot.

The distinctive evidence of bud rot is fuzz – fuzzy grey fungal filaments or webs. Again, here's a detail of what it looks like at the microscopic level: HERE and HERE. If you're not seeing this with your microscope, it's not bud rot... YET. Note also that advanced bud rot is very easy to see with the naked eye... it just looks like a fuzzy grey mess.

Now it seems you have reached a salvage situation – to harvest as much as you can and throw away anything affected by bud rot. I personally would clip off all buds that have a lot of necrosis or are suspected of having bud rot. Throw them away. For the rest of the buds, decide which ones are ready to harvest and harvest them. If you have definitely found evidence of bud rot anywhere on your plants, then the remaining plants and buds should be sprayed with a hydrogen peroxide solution daily. My recipe is 6 fl. oz. of 3% peroxide (or 12 tbsp) in 1/2 gal. pure water in a pump sprayer.

For any buds that you harvest, I recommend wet trimming, meaning don't hang up whole branches to dry – just trim the green buds. When you are trimming, look for bud rot and throw away any buds that have bud rot. When I trim I use a headlamp and high-magnification reading glasses. If you've got a nice-sized bud with only a little bit of bud rot in it, you can carefully salvage it. Bud rot hides deep inside buds, too, so be careful to inspect.

good luck!

Vivianna, here are my recommendations...

First, necrosis is a different thing than bud rot. Necrosis is death of plant tissues... leaves and buds, calyxes in buds, etc. If you've got a lot of necrosis happening before the buds are ready to harvest, this is a big problem – it probably means the plants didn't get enough nutrition in flower phase. Necrosis can also be caused by systemic nutrient problems, such as pH problems and lockout.

Big point here: necrosis can lead to bud rot, because the fungus likes to get started on dead material. BUT, it's possible to have necrosis without bud rot. Some of the photos posted here look like necrosis, not bud rot.

The distinctive evidence of bud rot is fuzz – fuzzy grey fungal filaments or webs. Again, here's a detail of what it looks like at the microscopic level: HERE and HERE. If you're not seeing this with your microscope, it's not bud rot... YET. Note also that advanced bud rot is very easy to see with the naked eye... it just looks like a fuzzy grey mess.

Now it seems you have reached a salvage situation – to harvest as much as you can and throw away anything affected by bud rot. I personally would clip off all buds that have a lot of necrosis or are suspected of having bud rot. Throw them away. For the rest of the buds, decide which ones are ready to harvest and harvest them. If you have definitely found evidence of bud rot anywhere on your plants, then the remaining plants and buds should be sprayed with a hydrogen peroxide solution daily. My recipe is 6 fl. oz. of 3% peroxide (or 12 tbsp) in 1/2 gal. pure water in a pump sprayer.

For any buds that you harvest, I recommend wet trimming, meaning don't hang up whole branches to dry – just trim the green buds. When you are trimming, look for bud rot and throw away any buds that have bud rot. When I trim I use a headlamp and high-magnification reading glasses. If you've got a nice-sized bud with only a little bit of bud rot in it, you can carefully salvage it. Bud rot hides deep inside buds, too, so be careful to inspect.

good luck!

This is good. I was going to hang em up. So instead of that I cut the buds out and trim if they dont have rot. Where do I dry these buds? Can i have em on the floor of the tent drying (first remove all the leafs and stuff from the tent floor) or how should I try them?

Also after wer trimming; would it work if i put the trimmed buds into a bucket for like 6 hours or as long as it takes to trim em all and after trimming is done empty the tent and then put all the buds from the bucket to the tent floor. Working w limited space here

Back
Top Bottom