Help - New grower

nature2

420 Member
Hello everyone, I'm new to the growing and having some issues. I'm using tap water, I added 8ml calmag, 5ml part A and 5ml part b to my water. Ph is reading 5.8 and the ppm is 500. Just wanted to know would using this mixture be a problem to my plant guys? Also I have attached a picture of the plant, its 5weeks old. It's super lemon haze auto just for reference.

20231122_113103.jpg

Hello everyone, I'm new to the growing and having some issues.
Welcome to the group.

I do not see any problems. What issues do you think you are having?
I'm using tap water, I added 8ml calmag, 5ml part A and 5ml part b to my water. Ph is reading 5.8 and the ppm is 500. Just wanted to know would using this mixture be a problem to my plant guys?
If the dose of all those are from the feeding schedule then you should be OK and no problems. I do not grow using a hydroponic method but the pH looks right but I have no idea about the ppm.

Also I have attached a picture of the plant, its 5weeks old.
Looking healthy and like it is moving along.

I cannot tell for sure but the plant should be sexually mature in about a week and could start flowering any time after that.

The end of the leafs are curling upwards, on the picture you can't tell but that's what's worrying me abit
Pointing up or down, it pretty much looks like there is no real problem showing at this time.

Thought I'd ask the form as there is alot of experienced people on here. Thanks for the reply
You could tell the group what medium you are growing in. Is it something you blended together yourself? Just curious since you might be using Canna A and Canna B which are a popular hydro fertilizer system. Or maybe it is someone else's "part A and B". But, the plant is reacting well up to this point to what you are doing.

8 ml of calmag in how much water?
What medium is this?
What’s your light situation, DLI, distance?

The tips remind me of calmag coming in a bit hot. I see them pointing down slightly though, not up. They also curve slightly reminding me of excess light.

I can’t say without the other info though. It’s nothing I would be concerned with as long as it doesn’t progress or hit other layers.

Hey dude thats a better photo , the plant looks healthy , there is a minimum up curl usualy caused by heat stress the plant is trying to retain moisture if that is the case its minimum with your plant , maybe move the lights a bit higher ✌️

8 ml of calmag in how much water?
What medium is this?
What’s your light situation, DLI, distance?

The tips remind me of calmag coming in a bit hot. I see them pointing down slightly though, not up. They also curve slightly reminding me of excess light.

I can’t say without the other info though. It’s nothing I would be concerned with as long as it doesn’t progress or hit other layers.
@Keffka The side tips are pointing up slightly

Hey dude thats a better photo , the plant looks healthy , there is a minimum up curl usualy caused by heat stress the plant is trying to retain moisture if that is the case its minimum with your plant , maybe move the lights a bit higher ✌️

I agree with the light but not because of the up curl, I don’t even see the up curl, it looks curved and downward to me. However the curving of the tips is a sign of too much light

@Keffka The side tips are pointing up slightly

Ahhh thank you I see it now. Still agree with the light. I see this when there’s too much light or my humidity and calmag are too low for the light intensity

I'm using coco and running her on leds. The coco is a ready mix I brought with perlite in it. The led light is 15cm away from the plant. I put 8ml calmag into 10 litres of tap water. Also added Canna A and Canna B to the mixture. I let the water sit in a air bubble for minimum of 48 hours. Guys I appreciate all the help

I'm using coco and running her on leds. The coco is a ready mix I brought with perlite in it. The led light is 15cm away from the plant. I put 8ml calmag into 10 litres of tap water. Also added Canna A and Canna B to the mixture. I let the water sit in a air bubble for minimum of 48 hours. Guys I appreciate all the help
You're better of not using Calmag if you're running Canna Coco A + B. It's already added in the base and adding more is contra productive.

Canna only added their "Calmag" and buffering agents a couple of years ago by market demands. It was not needed back then and it's not needed today since they already added it to the base Coco mix years and years ago.

15 cm?! How strong is your light? Wattage, true draw, PPF, size, any combination of those will help, or the actual light name and model itself

Even when my plants are at their biggest, and flowering, I don’t get any closer than 12 inches max and that’s pushing it when everything is firing perfectly

You're better of not using Calmag if you're running Canna Coco A + B. It's already added in the base and adding more is contra productive.

Canna only added their "Calmag" and buffering agents a couple of years ago by market demands. It was not needed back then and it's not needed today since they already added it to the base Coco mix years and years ago.

OP also mentioned they mix nutes and let them sit for 48 hours. Is this acceptable with Canna? I know quite a few nutrient lines recommend not letting the mixture sit and I’ve heard other growers saying they toss whatever they don’t use as soon as they’re done watering

OP also mentioned they mix nutes and let them sit for 48 hours. Is this acceptable with Canna? I know quite a few nutrient lines recommend not letting the mixture sit and I’ve heard other growers saying they toss whatever they don’t use as soon as they’re done watering
I added 5ml part A and 5ml part B alongside with 8ml calmag which some people is saying its not necessary as part A&B already has calmag init. It's the first time I'm adding calmag to the Canna A and Canna B so would update you guys on how it does in a few days. When it comes to mixing the nutes with canna there's more experienced people on here that could answer this question for you buddy. I use tap water, let it sit in air stone and bubble for 48 hours then add Canna A and Canna B then ph the water to around 5.8. I only just started adding 8ml of calmag to 10 litre of water today so would see how the plants going to react to this and would update you guys.

It's not a problem. I've mixed nutrient solutions and kept them for weeks in a solution with 3ppm residual chlorine when I had to. It's better to let the solution sit and stabilize pH before use. If he's in containers it's not a problem at all.

Cheers!

Hello everyone, I'm new to the growing and having some issues. I'm using tap water, I added 8ml calmag, 5ml part A and 5ml part b to my water. Ph is reading 5.8 and the ppm is 500. Just wanted to know would using this mixture be a problem to my plant guys? Also I have attached a picture of the plant, its 5weeks old. It's super lemon haze auto just for reference.

20231122_113103.jpg
Welcome to 420magazine my friend :welcome:
If your running coco which it looks like your doing well. I run a bit of coco myself.
What I do is add calmag first and mix your water well.
Then nutrients in order.
A as Recomended by the schedule then B.
Then st ph to 5.8 exactly.
Then feed every day to runoff.
I always keep my coco damp but never give plain water.
Follow that procedure and you will be rewarded.
Of course if soil disregard 😂
If you start a journal let me know and I’ll follow along and help if needed.
Take care.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I'm using coco and running her on leds. The coco is a ready mix I brought with perlite in it. The led light is 15cm away from the plant.

don't wanna throw you off topic but like others i'm wondering what you're running for a light. brand / type / wattage.

plant looks good though at 5wks in i'd expect a bit larger plant and a rig running at least 18 - 24 inches above. i'm curious if you're in a box, running a microstyle grow.

edit : what is your grow space ?

Back
Top Bottom