Help! Overnight I had a huge change in plant health!

vyserage

So my plants were super droopy yesterday at 8pm and i watered them with water ph'd at 6.5 and half dose of calmag. Checked on them a few minutes ago and there is WAY too much yellowing going on! Is this caused because of consecutive droopy underwatering? I know i've underwatered many times to the point where plants are far too droopy so can this cause bottom leaves to die off by yellowing? Take a look for yourselves! You can see the plant in the back corner is perfectly fine, its the only one. Its also the only plant that was stunted and uses less water then all the other plants so it has NEVER once been droopy since its always been somewhat moist or wet when watering time would come around.

Thoughts? This is bad, my plant in the middle is the worst! The sugar leaves are even being effected! As of tomorrow i will be doing the flush and 2 weeks or less and i will be harvesting. Problem is i dont know if i should flush with them looking like this!

This is day 48 of flowering. I just fed my plants on flower day 44 so its definitely not a nute issue.

20171126_200809.jpg
20171126_200613.jpg
20171126_200608.jpg
20171124_033958.jpg

YouTube

What have you been feeding them besides Ca/Mg? This doesn't look so much like underwatering (though that may be a factor too) but of underfeeding. Have you already effectively started your flush?

before that abrupt yellowing, plant #5 (that small one in the middle thats leaning over) was the only plant with yellow leaves on bottom and top were still green but as you can see now i have almost all yellow on #5 and the back corner to the left plant has some yellowing on lower growth top leaves. All the plants did have yellow leaves falling off occasionally as per the norm.

These are the readings i had on flower day 42:
Plant 1: pH=6.45, ppm=455
Plant 2: pH=6.6, ppm=469
Plant 3: pH=6.72, ppm=300 (this is the other one with yellow growth from pics above)
Plant 4: pH=6.5, ppm=916
Plant 5: pH=6.68, ppm=630 (this is the one in middle from pics above)

on flower day 44 i fed them fox farm trio full dose nutrients (Bottle #1 & #3) plus half dose of calmag and wrote this in my log:
(44)11/22/17 Day 102: Fed all plants FF #1 & #3 full dose. Am watching plant #3 and 5, 3 for leaves no longer eating themselves and 5 for the weird purple leaves between veins. Hopefully issues improve.

i didnt have the bad yellowing problem pop up at this point yet. And this is what i wrote following the feeding:

(46)11/24/17 Day 104: Growth continues. It doesnt look like the yellowing on plant 5 is continuing so it would seem the feeding helped as well as no calmag for a while now. The purple between veins doesnt seem to be increasing.

(47)11/25/17 Day 105: Watered plants as they were super droopy, all except plant #2 which has never once drooped due to its small size and need for water.

And todays date is what i posted up above. The only thing that changed was i watered the plants because they were super droopy and woke up to all that yellow (23 hrs from watering). Theres no way it went through that last feeding already and needs to be fed again right? Thats too soon.

i have not started my flush, i was planning to start the flush ad midnight tomorrow (11/28/17) and harvest will be on flower day 60 for 4 plants and flower day 63 for the remainder 2, all depending on what trich's look like on those days. With the one in the middle having hardly any green left tho, im unsure of what to do regarding flushing her. The others SHOULD be ok to flush, who knows, this is still my first grow :p

What i did for now was made a half gallon mix of nutes and fed #5 (the one with mostly yellow leaves) to see if it helps. I'm fearing i may have to harvest her early to avoid further dmg if even the sugar leaves are being effected. The veins of sugar leaves are browning on her.

I have a very similar thing going on and I posted up pretty much the same question today. I'm less freaked out than you. I'm pretty sure that it's normal. Your buds are leaching potassium? and nitrogen? from the leaves. I thought that the additional neuts for blooming would prevent that, but not in my case. Did this occur literally overnight? Mine for the most part were gradual.

Should I cut out the yellow leaves?

I have a very similar thing going on and I posted up pretty much the same question today. I'm less freaked out than you. I'm pretty sure that it's normal. Your buds are leaching potassium? and nitrogen? from the leaves. I thought that the additional neuts for blooming would prevent that, but not in my case. Did this occur literally overnight? Mine for the most part were gradual.

Should I cut out the yellow leaves?

ya the purple between nodes has gotta be a phosphorus def. atleast i believe so. Now the main plant that is yellowing has got both the purple going on from old dmg and the new dmg now going on is the veins themselves are brown and bad looking. so in 23 hrs of not checking them all that happened. Im starting to think maybe since it is not only in a 1 gallon grow bag but its also got different soil than all the rest. Perhaps thats why all these deficiency's are hitting it so hard and it would support the yellowing going on as well. The same can be said for plant #3 which was the other one in pics that is yellowing on lower growth's upper leaves but nowhere near as bad as the middle girl (this girl was down to a low 300 ppm but in a 3 gal pot so maybe thats why she didnt get hit as hard). I'm thinking it just eats all nutes real quick and requires more, this or maybe rootbound in a 1 gal? Plant #5 (middle horrid yellow) is the only one in a 1 gal.

Hi m8, ppms seem very low. I'm on day 34 of flip and I'm running my ppms at 1500. Maybe they want some feed dude. Good luck

So today im doing a flush on all plants and i see the ppm for the plants is still in the low 300-600 ranges, i think this was definitely why all my issues are popping up, not enough nutes! Too late to take care of it now but for the next grow i now know to feed much more in the future towards harvest time. Thanks everyone!

I checked the roots of the small plant in middle and its definitely not root bound as there werent even a lot of roots on the bottom. All plants are free of pests. Only thing it could be was either salt buildup (unlikely since i didnt feed very often at all) or lack of nutes.

Yes m8 I definitely think that was your problem. Keep your ph correct and keep upping the ppms until you see a slight tip burn and then back off a touch. I run my ppms around 800 beginning of flower and gradually up it to 15-1600 untill week 6-7 and then drop back down to 1000ish towards the end and then flush for a week and chop. I use 3gal pots and alternate water 2l plain and feed 2l neuts every 2-3 days depending on temps. Works a treat m8. It's all a learning curve, we all have fucked up crops but u just goto move onto the next one and figure out where you went wrong. Good luck bro

Yes m8 I definitely think that was your problem. Keep your ph correct and keep upping the ppms until you see a slight tip burn and then back off a touch. I run my ppms around 800 beginning of flower and gradually up it to 15-1600 untill week 6-7 and then drop back down to 1000ish towards the end and then flush for a week and chop. I use 3gal pots and alternate water 2l plain and feed 2l neuts every 2-3 days depending on temps. Works a treat m8. It's all a learning curve, we all have fucked up crops but u just goto move onto the next one and figure out where you went wrong. Good luck bro

Thanks man, it sounds like we grow in the same conditions. I figured it out to every 2-3 days i must water as well, i've been getting a bit lazy here towards the end and wouldnt water until 4 and sometimes close to 5 day's causeing bad droop. Today i flushed all my plants down to runoff near equal to water in ppm, includeing #5 (middle yellow girl).

What would you recommend, should i feed that yellow one for the next 6 day's then flush for its final 7 days? I dont know if it can survive no nutes for 13 days from now in its current yellow state, especially with even the sugar leaves taking some dmg. What should i do??

Lol it's the worst time to get lazy! I've done it myself a few times, the last few weeks thinking everything's going smooth so you start leaving em the extra day or 2 but nothing comes for free, you goto stay on point. As for the juicing them up for a week I don't really think it's gonna do much good m8 unless your gonna juice the others up aswell then I wouldn't bother, just cut your losses and with that middle one and use it for hash or oil or something if it's not a nice smoke.

Back
Top Bottom