Help with over or under watering

nothernbud

Hey everyone! Cant tell if a couple of my plants are over or under watered, I always water when the pot feels like but I keep having this issue from time
To time during weather changes. If I don’t water it goes limp if I water it perks up from the bottom up but the tops never perk right up, it’s been a very healthy plant so far. I left it for awhile to dry out but got worse and im wondering if maybe water isn’t penetrating deep enough into the root ball even tho they get heavy once watered

9BD1C7AE-7B75-422E-8D82-41682BDBBD3F.jpeg

Do you water till you see run off? ,,,,, it's hard to tell with such large plants , I use the knuckle trick , when you stick your finger in the soil knuckle deep if it's wet don't water if it's dry water ,,,, but since this plant is so large I don't know if that's a good method,,,,, hopefully someone with larger plants jumps in
I check with my finder and also how heavy the pot is when I lift it, it’s kinda damp but yeah idk, root ball is so thick maybe the bottom half isn’t getting much water

What size pot is it brother maybe a transplant is in order !! She a big beauty ! What strain
20gallon for this one and 7 for two small ones that are having the same issue but I have 3 others that are fine. It started last week after we had some cool wet weather and I thought they would have been fine with the rain but it literally did nothing so they got under watered for a couple days

With a plant that size in a fabric pot unless the soil is mud then it should be pretty difficult to over water it.
Promix mycorrhiza and a pretty thick root mass for awhile it seemed I wasn’t watering enough to get down to the bottom but now I can stick my hand down the inside of each pot and it’s damp enough the dirt sticks a little to your hand, I gave it 5 gallons today

It does look like under watering, Are they in direct sun all day? And, What time of the day are you watering, Morning or Evening?

OK thanks you and SW
4.55 UK - so when you say 5 gallon pots you mean +/- 20L
I grow two plants per 5L pot!
Whoa, and that doesn't cause you problems? I have houseplants that wouldn't tolerate being with another plant in a pot that small, pretty sure my weed wouldn't accept it. How do you keep them healthy?

OK thanks you and SW
4.55 UK - so when you say 5 gallon pots you mean +/- 20L
I grow two plants per 5L pot!

a standard 5 gallon pail is equivalent to and sold as a 20L pail. neither are exact.
i live in the land of both measurements. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Whoa, and that doesn't cause you problems? I have houseplants that wouldn't tolerate being with another plant in a pot that small, pretty sure my weed wouldn't accept it. How do you keep them healthy?

fabric pots will allow piles if fed constantly and properly. the rootballs don't get the same restrictions as a hard sided pot, they allow more oxygen to the root zone, and they air prune the outside of the roots.

media choice can also make a difference.

edit : there is a limit though.

It started last week after we had some cool wet weather

a little lack of heat and a bit less sun could contribute to a little less lift. especially if it's continued cool.
i'd be tempted to let it dry up a touch.

It's how they grow in the wild, no?
Even the most massive root ball only uses half of the substrate
Means I can grow many more plants and keep them to, say, 4 main colas each
Hell of a lot of watering, like a manual flood & drain but in coco, it sure works well
I don't do huge plants, a couple of oz per plant is good by me because I can do 6-12 at a time
Strawberry Gum smelling great...

DSC_0085.JPG
DSC_0086.JPG

DSC_0089.JPG

Back
Top Bottom