420 Member
Coco/Perlite grow

Strain: PB&J
plant count: 72
Plants are in veg (week 3)
medium is coco coir/perlite mix
lights: Gavita 1000w (x16_), air cooled at 68" above canopy
Temp: 75F
RH (was 60-70 but just moved to larger room with low RH of 40)
PH: I've been ph to 5.8-6.0
Pests: They did have some spider mites but I think I've gotten rid of them
Watering: Every other day
Nutrients: Clean Grow (FERTMAX) presently feeding at 480 ppm (my water is 250 ppm)
Room size: 900 sqft with 12-15' ceiling height

I'm a first time grower with serious issues. The plants are yellowing and tips are curling/burning. I think my original problem was using a coco mix that was not properly washed/bufferred. They were also in smaller containers and were getting root bound. I just transplanted them into 5 gal grow bags and moved them into a bigger room yesterday. Any ideas on how to save these and get them back on track?

Attachments

• IMG_20190412_184448915_HDR - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20190412_184448915_HDR - Copy.jpg
    600.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20190412_184503991_HDR - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20190412_184503991_HDR - Copy.jpg
    579.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20190412_184512452_HDR - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20190412_184512452_HDR - Copy.jpg
    807.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20190412_184533077_HDR - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20190412_184533077_HDR - Copy.jpg
    719.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20190412_184544583_HDR - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20190412_184544583_HDR - Copy.jpg
    617.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20190412_184601658_HDR - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20190412_184601658_HDR - Copy.jpg
    774.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20190412_184608247 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20190412_184608247 - Copy.jpg
    627.7 KB · Views: 44
First of all, they look like their thirsty, drooping down like that usually indicates that the soil is dry and that their thirsty.

Second, the ph of your water should be around 5.7- 6.0

You say first time grower, but that’s a hell of a set up for a first time grower. I’m not sure what your watering methods are like but make sure you water the entire surface of coco with water, and make sure you have a run off, to ensure all of the roots are being fed.

:passitleft:

I’ll look more into those “burn” spots and see if I can come up with anything.

Ph, agree with above, looks like Nitrogen deficiency , and is, from being locked out through ph problem.
Best thing about Coco, flush with 5.5 ph water...let drain, feed with new nutes ph at 5.8... Done. Dont up the N, you will make it worse.

How did you get in charge of that?
16 x 1000w gavitas aint cheap....
Dont have a med licence at that size, I aint helping no more....

First of all, they look like their thirsty, drooping down like that usually indicates that the soil is dry and that their thirsty.

You say first time grower, but that’s a hell of a set up for a first time grower. I’m not sure what your watering methods are like but make sure you water the entire surface of coco with water, and make sure you have a run off, to ensure all of the roots are being fed.

Yes, its an ambitious undertaking.... I've been ph'ing the nutrient water to 5.8-6.0, so that should be okay. Let me give you some additional info that might help. The plants that are drooping were flushed with about 8 gal each of PH'd water and then fed the next morning with nutes, another 4 gal each. These plants were transplanted into the same problematic coco and I was attempting to flush them enough to get them straightened out. I've been transplanting everything else into a new "better" coco mix. Most of the pics are of plants that were just transplanted last night into the new mix.

Thanks.

Ph, agree with above, looks like Nitrogen deficiency , and is, from being locked out through ph problem.
Best thing about Coco, flush with 5.5 ph water...let drain, feed with new nutes ph at 5.8... Done. Dont up the N, you will make it worse.

How did you get in charge of that?
16 x 1000w gavitas aint cheap....
Dont have a med licence at that size, I aint helping no more....

How did I get in charge???? I wrote a really big check :)

Thats the way.
Now what coco did you use?
test the run off and let me know the run off ph.
That will tell you if the coco is HOT as we call it.
I have seen this before in cheap coco, if thats the case, repot now in goid stuff or by time you amend it, you will lose them.
The amount of flusging you will need will drown them.

Hands dirty time Boss.
:ganjamon:Know a guy knows his shit but..... Cough cough..... Lol

Thats the way.
Now what coco did you use?
test the run off and let me know the run off ph.
That will tell you if the coco is HOT as we call it.
I have seen this before in cheap coco, if thats the case, repot now in goid stuff or by time you amend it, you will lose them.
The amount of flusging you will need will drown them.

Hands dirty time Boss.
:ganjamon:Know a guy knows his shit but..... Cough cough..... Lol
Yes, i've been repotting in a better coco mix (coco loco). The previous problematic coco didn't have brand name on it, just a white bag with a logo on it, but it said that it was buffered and washed...but I could never get the runoff ppm to equal to the input ppm (it was higher). I finally gave up and got the new coco loco mix. thanks.

do you think the one's that were repotted into the old mix would survive another transplant so soon?

Yeah mate, use a product like Great White or a myco blend at transplant and they will love it.
Yeah cheap coco mate... Bad.
RHP approved coco or bust.
You can see in the plants the very purple stems, thats the starvation of N, the HOT mix messes everything up.
Lol. No wonder you had a hard time.
Smoke a joint, put the kettle on , take a deep breath..
I once killed a whole greenhouse of plants...same deal... Only the clones survived.
Dont forget the myco...will help them bounce back.
Best wishes.
LR72

anyone familiar with coco loco? Apparently this stuff has a lot more than coco and perlite in it. Should I continue to mix nutes/calmag at the same ratio/ppm?

Agree 100%. They are not being fed/watered often enough. Coco and perlite....3 weeks old....feed/water twice per day for a week and all problems will go away.

anyone familiar with coco loco? Apparently this stuff has a lot more than coco and perlite in it. Should I continue to mix nutes/calmag at the same ratio/ppm?
New prebagged coco has enough cal mag in it. Add it after a few weeks if you feel the need.
Coco loco is just coco and perlite mate, look past the marketing.

How the plants looking?

Wow, mate you're bonkers. 14kw from the get go! Go hard or go home and all that lol. What a set up!
Keep the feeds on the lighter side, quarter strength is fine for now. Feed every day and always water to run off. Otherwise you'll get all sorts of dramas.
Hope it all works out for ya buddy. :)

When I was a young man... there was this oil boom, had I known anything back then I would have cleaned up. Then there was the dotcom boom, had I known... Then there was the ....boom. Well I woke up one day in the beginning of an obvious boom and had some extra cash laying around and thought...this time I KNOW and I am GOING TO CLEAN UP! So here we are. I'm plugging away and learning and the only real questions are, how long will it take me to figure this out and how many plants will I kill in the process?

The plants are greening up, but some (a dozen or so) are still droopy. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom