Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

Brother Blue, your girls are looking great. :thumb:

From the one pic I saw showing roots, they're definately fine to go into mini hempys now, so if the roots are getting light, I wouldn't hesitate to "hempyize" them ASAP.

Morning guys! Sorry I've been a slacker on my ss OMM, it's so customized it's gonna take a lot of work to make it universal & I keep forgetting to work on it. But if I can help you with anything just let me know.

Ah Blue...about the SS....you should be able to do that in no time. You don't have much else to do :rofl::rofl::yahoo::rofl::rofl:

Good morning Blue, I've been lurking your journal for months now and I guess I never got subbed. That changes now.

That's some nice looking little ones you've got going. Here's hoping they become a harem, and not a stud farm.

OK Blue... we are gonna get some of xlr8's "one hitter quitter" and give it to your journal... maybe then it will slow down long enough that I can catch up :rofl:

But seriously, this journal is awesome and full of great info. I can see why you have over 33,000 views!

Thanks for sharing your grow and helping so many of us with our own.

-dime

Brother Blue, your girls are looking great. :thumb:

From the one pic I saw showing roots, they're definately fine to go into mini hempys now, so if the roots are getting light, I wouldn't hesitate to "hempyize" them ASAP.

Thanks Mr. K! I put the first 3 in minis, and now 3 more are showing some so I'll probably do them tomorrow. I'm glad things are finally moving along again :cheer:

Ah Blue...about the SS....you should be able to do that in no time. You don't have much else to do :rofl::rofl::yahoo::rofl::rofl:

Hey OMM! I have plenty of free time but I spend it all here lol.

Well I asked for your advice on germing the seeds and then I didn't take it, I tried what worked the last time. But has also failed a lot since then - 12 hrs in water and then into soil in a mini-hempy. This is now going on 3 full days and I'm starting to get worried... should I dig around in there and try to see what's going on?

The only thing I've changed on my losing streak is using this sunshine organic soil. Before I used glorified dirt but it worked. This will really bum me out if I screwed up.

Let me know what you think my friend, thanks!

Good morning Blue, I've been lurking your journal for months now and I guess I never got subbed. That changes now.

That's some nice looking little ones you've got going. Here's hoping they become a harem, and not a stud farm.

Hey Muggles welcome! I'm glad you dropped in.

I know they're all girls except for the papaya, or at least all fem seeds. I really hope that papaya is a female, that would be sweet. Won't know for quite a while because she's going to be a mother, I'm going to top her real soon. :peace:

OK Blue... we are gonna get some of xlr8's "one hitter quitter" and give it to your journal... maybe then it will slow down long enough that I can catch up :rofl:

But seriously, this journal is awesome and full of great info. I can see why you have over 33,000 views!

Thanks for sharing your grow and helping so many of us with our own.

-dime

Hey dime thanks my friend. I'm probably going to close this soon, and start another for the next grow. I love all the camraderie but I could do without all the visibility if that makes any sense.

Good luck with Member of the Month, I hope you win :cheer:

clones are look n good blue ....:roorrip:

Thanks ss! At least they're finally starting to root.

I took 5 more today, using a combo of methods that farnorth and Mr Smith talked about. I scraped lots of the outside of the stems off, split the stems at least an inch, dipped them in the vitagrow for 15 seconds and then let them sit for about 15 mins before putting them into their boats. No plugs this time. I'm also using the clonex clone solution. I think it was farnorth who was seeing roots in 3 days. That would be amazing.

The plan is that these will root faster and catch up with the others. I took 4 bubs and 1 gold, the best looking cuttings I've had so far. Hope it works, that will be a nice change :cheer:

Hey OMM! I have plenty of free time but I spend it all here lol.

Well I asked for your advice on germing the seeds and then I didn't take it, I tried what worked the last time. But has also failed a lot since then - 12 hrs in water and then into soil in a mini-hempy. This is now going on 3 full days and I'm starting to get worried... should I dig around in there and try to see what's going on?

The only thing I've changed on my losing streak is using this sunshine organic soil. Before I used glorified dirt but it worked. This will really bum me out if I screwed up.

Let me know what you think my friend, thanks!

Blue are you sure you want to know what I think? :smokin:

First thing that I thought of was....what did you ask for? :Rasta: Just joking!
I really can't blame you for doing what has worked for you before. I would do the same thing. I really don't think there is a perfect way to germ, but give my way a try.
At least it wasn't 30 seeds like your first grow! :popcorn:

I think I would wait a couple of more days before digging around in there. I did have Kandy Kush that grew horizontally under the soil once and I did save her. You never know. :smokin:

On the home front here......they had a bad storm on the other side of the island early tonight....so the lights went off on this side. Murphy is at it again!:yikes::yikes:
We'll see what it did to my eight vegging girls. Probably confused hell out of them, since I veg 24/0. Hope they don't all decide to flower! :Rasta:
I imagine my little auto is going "What the hell?". :smokin:

Maybe I spoke too soon, it's thundering and lighting over here now! The lights will probably go out on the other side this time!:Rasta:

Blue are you sure you want to know what I think? :smokin:

First thing that I thought of was....what did you ask for? :Rasta: Just joking!
I really can't blame you for doing what has worked for you before. I would do the same thing. I really don't think there is a perfect way to germ, but give my way a try.
At least it wasn't 30 seeds like your first grow! :popcorn:

I think I would wait a couple of more days before digging around in there. I did have Kandy Kush that grew horizontally under the soil once and I did save her. You never know. :smokin:

On the home front here......they had a bad storm on the other side of the island early tonight....so the lights went off on this side. Murphy is at it again!:yikes::yikes:
We'll see what it did to my eight vegging girls. Probably confused hell out of them, since I veg 24/0. Hope they don't all decide to flower! :Rasta:
I imagine my little auto is going "What the hell?". :smokin:

Maybe I spoke too soon, it's thundering and lighting over here now! The lights will probably go out on the other side this time!:Rasta:

Morning OMM, sorry about the power failure, I hope it's brief. I'm sure a day won't screw them up very much if at all but longer than that... I swear once those flower enzymes get released it takes forever to get back to veg.

That's it for me with this germing method, I'm worried that this soil is too hot and is cooking the seedlings. Although when I dumped out all my veggie seeds, and the other papayas and afghanis I only saw one bean sprout, looked like it had grown sideways too and then died.

If there's no action by tomorrow morning I'm going to dig them up and see what's going on.

Take care my friend :peace:

Hey blue. I had some issues with germing TD also. I had 2 of 5 that did not make it...the one I have going now seems to be the healthiest if them all.

Be patient and good luck! I have 2 TDs in flower right now I will post some pics of them compared to a Lucy I have in flower also. You van notice they are a little slower than other strains.

Not sure if this Is too late but I germinated them using the paper towel method as well as my other strains. The Td is the only strain that I lost a bean.

Hi Blue. :)

The Lights were out about 6 hours, so they should be OK.

Hope your gemming picks up for you. Something is weird about it.

Relax and go over it in your mind again.

420 has stopped notifying me of new posts in journals I'm subbed to. Any ideas? :popcorn:

I'm dealing with some stubborn sonic fly seeds right now, 2 died because of too much water :yikes:, the third is on its 5th day and is finally breaking ground this morning!!!!

I'd no trouble germing....but several have cracked and jumped up, only to stall at the first leaf set. IDK....never happened before, but I'm usually germing 20 or 30 seeds and trimmimg it down to the 6 or 8 nicest plants to grow out.....mathematicaly I guess I'm in the window. Still sort of sad to see strains you've never heard of, sit and do nothing. Time is short, so I'm dropping a few dozen from last years grow. Aurora, Lucy and N0-name #8......I'm soaking a load of seeds now. Towel them tomorrow and get them going. The 4-20 order isn't here yet, and nothing fast is in there.....Cali Widlfire and a couple TGA Subcool strains. I'm dropping a TGA bean the minute they get here:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:
grow season 2011 is off to a weird effing start. Glad I have insurance....and I'm planting it today
PEACE Y'all :)

Hey blue. I had some issues with germing TD also. I had 2 of 5 that did not make it...the one I have going now seems to be the healthiest if them all.

Be patient and good luck! I have 2 TDs in flower right now I will post some pics of them compared to a Lucy I have in flower also. You van notice they are a little slower than other strains.

Not sure if this Is too late but I germinated them using the paper towel method as well as my other strains. The Td is the only strain that I lost a bean.

Hey Swiss thanks for the info my friend! OMM laid out his paper towel method for me and I didn't use it but I will from now on. Still nothing this morning, I'm going to poke around in a bit and see what I can find out.

This is day 5, normally I'd be more patient but I've lost 27 of 28 seeds since I switched to using this soil, included 18 regular garden seeds. Something's not right.

Worst case I lost all 3 beans which would totally suck but at least I have lots of backups. The TD would have to wait till my next order, I'll have to watch your grow for my fix lol.

it usually takes 5-10 days for them to sprout. from my exp. :goodluck:

Hey ss thanks my friend. Usually for me they're up in 3-5 days, occasionally one goes as long as 8. I've never had one come up later than 8 days. I think this soil is cooking them.

Hi Blue. :)

The Lights were out about 6 hours, so they should be OK.

Hope your gemming picks up for you. Something is weird about it.

Relax and go over it in your mind again.

420 has stopped notifying me of new posts in journals I'm subbed to. Any ideas? :popcorn:

Morning OMM!

I'm glad your power's back on and I agree, 6 hrs is nothing.

Didn't you guys have the email problem a while back too? I don't get email notifications, I always just go to User CP. You must get 50 emails a day from this place!

Good advice on relaxing, I cleaned the vape and it's ready for a test spin... I see a lot of relaxing going on today since it's raining here and my day off :woohoo: :lot-o-toke: :thumb:

I'm dealing with some stubborn sonic fly seeds right now, 2 died because of too much water :yikes:, the third is on its 5th day and is finally breaking ground this morning!!!!

Morning Phil! These strain names are so crazy, I'm reading your post and wondering what flies have to do with the subject at hand lol.

Good luck with seed #3!

What happened with the first 2? Did you drown them? Were they outside? Please let me know as if there's a way to screw things up I usually stumble upon it.

I'll tell you one thing, anything that's recently been planted outside around here is in serious jeopardy of drowning. :peace:

I'd no trouble germing....but several have cracked and jumped up, only to stall at the first leaf set. IDK....never happened before, but I'm usually germing 20 or 30 seeds and trimmimg it down to the 6 or 8 nicest plants to grow out.....mathematicaly I guess I'm in the window. Still sort of sad to see strains you've never heard of, sit and do nothing. Time is short, so I'm dropping a few dozen from last years grow. Aurora, Lucy and N0-name #8......I'm soaking a load of seeds now. Towel them tomorrow and get them going. The 4-20 order isn't here yet, and nothing fast is in there.....Cali Widlfire and a couple TGA Subcool strains. I'm dropping a TGA bean the minute they get here:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:
grow season 2011 is off to a weird effing start. Glad I have insurance....and I'm planting it today
PEACE Y'all :)

Morning Chopper! Can you adopt me? How about just hire me as your gardener/dog walker? I'll work for room, board and a little outdoor garden plot to call my own.

This will free you up to care for the wife full time while she's convalescing :)

The way I've been going I need to start breeding so I have a massive store of seeds to fuck up. I can't even get a cherry tomato plant going these days sheesh.

Hope your order arrives in the next day or so. I'm still having small regrets that I didn't get a 5-pack of the Vortex seeds and I've heard he breeds plants that love hot soil. I'll get to them eventually.

Take care bro and good luck with the seeds...:peace:

Well as I mentioned still no sprouts, I'll report back later on what I find. With the way my eyes are, and the little pieces of dirty perlite in the soil, I may never even find the seeds but hopefully I will.

It's not that I'm going blind or anything I just have trouble with small things. I was the most surprised guy in the room last year when I passed my vision test for my drivers license without my reading glasses :thumb:

And I do have a big magnifying glass.

Roots, roots, roots, roots! I've got 4 of the clones in minis right now, another is ready and 3 more are starting to show some roots and will go in another day or so. I topped Ms (I hope) Papaya just now and she should be ready to give me some clones in about a week or so. So at least something good is happening here. And the first bubbleicious & ak clones will be done in a week or so, just in time to be replaced by the upcoming crop.

I've got to give a big :thumb: to the Clonex Cloning Solution. The first clones took 20 days to show roots, since adding the clonex I'm seeing them a week earlier. These are all cuttings from the same mother so this seems like a good test, albeit a small sample size.

Sorry about that blue, they are seeds from mosca, he's entering this one in the cup this year, no word on genetics other than c99 plus something special.

Yeah...I've gotten a bit chummy with Sub....we have similar approaches. He starts with 50 or 60 plants, and grows out 2 or 3 of them. He doesn't do Femmed seeds..PERIOD!. Anything shows to be a Herm under any conditions, is out....anything with more than two phenos is out. I think the heat resistance is a by-product of this rigorous selection process, rather than a specific goal. So-Cal can get warm though....who knows. I'd like to take a trip out to see him later this year...a long weekend. IF(a big if) I can get the wife to babysit the garden for a day or two.
I have been here "caregivering" for 6 weeks now....that I haven't hanged myself, or shot her and burned the body to dust...or both....is a true testament of my love for her, and general good nature as a human being...............'cause my last nerve burnt out a week ago :)
She's doing much better, and we've already scheduled the other side for June. I'll be in prison here, for 6 months more yet....Small price when I see her walking upright :)
Thankfully I can do a bunch of my work in the garage, then trailer or drive the car the mile to the shop. I,ve hardly left the property for like 4 or 5 months now. I'm becoming a hermit, since we don't allow visitors at the house....too many animals, too many machines, too many ways to get hurt or worse . No good could possibly come from it, so no company.
I gave everyone a shot of worm/birdpoo tea. I'll kill 'em or kick 'em off....the worm poo never burns, but the seabird shit can, in big doses. The Quasar (Buddha seeds) which is doing well anyway....immediately raised her leaves 30 degrees and smiled a big plant smile....really! in like 2 minutes! These plants can move fast when they're inspired, and they do love worm/bird poo tea. The Syrup picked up straight away too. Hopefully the stumpies will jump-start. I'll let you know. Pix are in the camera to do a journal....I just don't have the way to post them yet.
PEACE:morenutes:

Sorry about that blue, they are seeds from mosca, he's entering this one in the cup this year, no word on genetics other than c99 plus something special.

No problem Phil it just made me laugh :)

Sounds like some awesome seeds, the breeder's name isn't Jason is it? This papaya cross I'm growing was labeled Jason's Papaya x C99.

high blue mabe u should put the seeds in the starter plugs...jmho :goodluck:

Thanks ss that was going to be my plan if I found the seeds, but I dug up the Burmese Kush and just when I was giving up I spotted the tap root, it's about 1/2 long and looks very healthy so I quickly covered it back up and now I'll wait some more. I'm still not going to germ this way again.

I figure I'll do more harm than good trying to dig up the other 2, but I will loosen the soil on top, it kind of forms a mat when you water it.

Yeah...I've gotten a bit chummy with Sub....we have similar approaches. He starts with 50 or 60 plants, and grows out 2 or 3 of them. He doesn't do Femmed seeds..PERIOD!. Anything shows to be a Herm under any conditions, is out....anything with more than two phenos is out. I think the heat resistance is a by-product of this rigorous selection process, rather than a specific goal. So-Cal can get warm though....who knows. I'd like to take a trip out to see him later this year...a long weekend. IF(a big if) I can get the wife to babysit the garden for a day or two.
I have been here "caregivering" for 6 weeks now....that I haven't hanged myself, or shot her and burned the body to dust...or both....is a true testament of my love for her, and general good nature as a human being...............'cause my last nerve burnt out a week ago :)
She's doing much better, and we've already scheduled the other side for June. I'll be in prison here, for 6 months more yet....Small price when I see her walking upright :)
Thankfully I can do a bunch of my work in the garage, then trailer or drive the car the mile to the shop. I,ve hardly left the property for like 4 or 5 months now. I'm becoming a hermit, since we don't allow visitors at the house....too many animals, too many machines, too many ways to get hurt or worse . No good could possibly come from it, so no company.
I gave everyone a shot of worm/birdpoo tea. I'll kill 'em or kick 'em off....the worm poo never burns, but the seabird shit can, in big doses. The Quasar (Buddha seeds) which is doing well anyway....immediately raised her leaves 30 degrees and smiled a big plant smile....really! in like 2 minutes! These plants can move fast when they're inspired, and they do love worm/bird poo tea. The Syrup picked up straight away too. Hopefully the stumpies will jump-start. I'll let you know. Pix are in the camera to do a journal....I just don't have the way to post them yet.
PEACE:morenutes:

Another classic post my friend lol!

When I say hot soil I don't mean the temp, I mean it's got lots of nutrients. That would be awesome to spend some time with Subcool :thumb:

I like the way he thinks because I have a hard time considering anything a 'strain' when it has numerous phenos that don't look anything like each other. Certainly not a stable strain. It also gives you confidence that if you breed the males and females you'll get consistent offspring.

You've sure got a full plate down there. I think a gardener would help you out a lot haha... take care bro :peace:

Germinating is the one thing I did right in the beginning. Used the paper towel method. Only because at that time it was the only way I knew because I remembered it from I was a little kid in school.
Dropped 9. All popped within 2 days. If you could only smoke seeds with sprouts I would have it made

Back
Top Bottom