Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

Thanks guys. I'm going to post the pics on the Hempy thread and see if it gets more eyes. I'm pretty sure it has to do with adding more ironite and or some epsom salts. If something can be over applied, I'm your guy. Wish I'd quit doing that.

not sure what that could be looks like a Phosphorus deficiency from looking threw the forums if you added to much ferts You need to Flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water as the size of the pot to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.

it dont look that bad maybe that's the worst of it and it will even back out have you used the perlite with time-released nutes before ? Iv always heard to stay away from them so iv never tried

Run 4 or 5 gallons of distilled (or PHed) water thru that pot, and go back to it. I'd ax that one branch back to where it's healthy. Because of location, it almost has to be a problem from before...troubles seem to start from the tips, and from the tops, and work in and down....just not always. Clean it out and start fresh, but it doesn't look to be too serious. These plants are pretty tough.
They survive me

That looks suspiciously like my Strawberry Cough - you are in pure perlite right? I wonder if there is a need for some kind of buffer with the time release nutes.

I did all sorts of bad things with this grow, so it's hard to say exactly what caused it for me, but I'd guess it's a lockout from too much Mag since I added a fair amount before my problem cropped up.

In any event, good advice from everyone... when in doubt... flush!

it dont look that bad maybe that's the worst of it and it will even back out have you used the perlite with time-released nutes before ? Iv always heard to stay away from them so iv never tried

I haven't but lots of guys have. I'd thought trf's were bad news too, but DocBud changed my mind. Read the OC+ thread in my sig when you get some time. Thanks for stopping by!

Damn blue girls lookin good. I hope bagseed is feelin better. I heard singing to your plants can be very beneficial :tokin:

in all seriousness good luck my friend

Thanks greenthumm! I think he/she will be fine, as soon as I stop hurting him/her!

Run 4 or 5 gallons of distilled (or PHed) water thru that pot, and go back to it. I'd ax that one branch back to where it's healthy. Because of location, it almost has to be a problem from before...troubles seem to start from the tips, and from the tops, and work in and down....just not always. Clean it out and start fresh, but it doesn't look to be too serious. These plants are pretty tough.
They survive me

Hahaha! Hey Chopper. A flush is on the menu for today. I actually like the way these problems are cropping up in small ways, gives me a chance to learn. On my last grow all of a sudden 30% of the leaves would start dying/dropping and I'd have no clue what was going on.

That looks suspiciously like my Strawberry Cough - you are in pure perlite right? I wonder if there is a need for some kind of buffer with the time release nutes.

I did all sorts of bad things with this grow, so it's hard to say exactly what caused it for me, but I'd guess it's a lockout from too much Mag since I added a fair amount before my problem cropped up.

In any event, good advice from everyone... when in doubt... flush!

Hey OBX... er OB-1! I like your answer and yes pure perlite. Just before this I had added some more ironite & epsom salts to the top dressing... I'm going to try and scoop it back out of there. I'll also review your thread again, I can't keep everyone's grow straight in my mind. Thank you:peace:

All ganja kind of day, I'm off and it's crappy outside.

So what to do? I got high:bong:

Next I mixed up some water and gave all the girls but Sammie a flush. First I scooped out what micronutes I could. I've noticed another leaf starting to turn on the bagseed in the adjoining cluster. Pic later.

Then I started prepping a veg chamber, I didn't want one but need one. It's a pretty grimy spot so I scrubbed it and now it reeks of bleach. Once that's gone I'll move the clones in.

Gave up on the bk clone and took a much better looking one today.

Then rearranged the plants some more. I put back the original wide urinals and moved Sammie all the way to the back wall. This has opened up lots of space for lights. I'm good to go for a while now, but I may make individual urinals for the girls. Those big tubs are a pain to maneuver, and I can't put any standalone lights in the middle of the grow. I'm thinking cut down gallon water jugs, which I have a zillion of, would work great. Think I'll go try it... :peace:

I haven't but lots of guys have. I'd thought trf's were bad news too, but DocBud changed my mind. Read the OC+ thread in my sig when you get some time. Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks greenthumm! I think he/she will be fine, as soon as I stop hurting him/her!

Hahaha! Hey Chopper. A flush is on the menu for today. I actually like the way these problems are cropping up in small ways, gives me a chance to learn. On my last grow all of a sudden 30% of the leaves would start dying/dropping and I'd have no clue what was going on.

Hey OBX... er OB-1! I like your answer and yes pure perlite. Just before this I had added some more ironite & epsom salts to the top dressing... I'm going to try and scoop it back out of there. I'll also review your thread again, I can't keep everyone's grow straight in my mind. Thank you:peace:

Hi Blue. I've done the same thing before. I hear of something will make them grow bigger, faster, etc. and I start adding stuff when it's not necessary. I wouldn't mess with the ironite or anything else unless they are definitely showing that they need it. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Hi Blue. I've done the same thing before. I hear of something will make them grow bigger, faster, etc. and I start adding stuff when it's not necessary. I wouldn't mess with the ironite or anything else unless they are definitely showing that they need it. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

That's great advice molotov. In fact it's the advice I usually give myself right before I do something stupid lol! From now on when I'm thinking of doing something I'll post it here first and we can all talk it over.

I'll be moving my clones to the new clone house today, gonna pick up another space heater first. Took 2 more clones - 1 each lucy & ak48. So now I have 3 lucies, 2 ak's & 1 bk... may try for 1 more bk soon.

I'm not sure what I'm doing. I really only have space for 6 plants, 8 max. And I now have 11 and am thinking of taking one more clone. Looks like the bathroom will soon be extremely crowded.

Pics are hard to take now with all the lights. I tied lucy down a little bit to try and keep her even with the rest, she's really starting to stretch.

bagseed

IMAG0634.jpg

IMAG0635.jpg

That problem with the bagseed seems contained but several of the lower leaves are toast.

IMAG0637.jpg

bubba kush

IMAG0638.jpg

IMAG0639.jpg

ak48

IMAG0641.jpg

clones

IMAG0640.jpg

room

IMAG0642.jpg

Yeah, those lower branches can get ugly, mostly (IMO) because the air-flow is minimal and dampness from the perlite. I cut off the first set and second set of fan leaves off of my plants, I don't think CFL lights can reach them anyways.

Looking real good and the expansion of your grow is going to be a cool juggling act. I'm here for the show, so bring it. hee hee hee :roorrip:

What is the temp of your clone bulb? It looks like its over 6500k. Is there a benefit in using a bulb on the higher end of the spectrum in the earlier stages? Forgive me if its a dumb question, but I'm still learning.

Back
Top Bottom