Herbshuttles Indoor Coco Coir Purple Kush Grow

Hey, they're looking good! Nothing like lots of foot room! ;)
I always think it's a really good sign when my plants' leaves are in the sun-worshiper position (raised up to the heavens) like in picture 1.
In pictures 4 and 5 I can see what looks to me like the classic "clawing" symptom of too much nitrogen, but only in a couple of leaves. If that was my plant, I'd take that as a sign that my nitrogen was at the upper limit.
I see what you mean about the glossiness on some of the leaves. That's kind of weird, but I guess I wouldn't worry too much about it, personally. Shiny leaves are supposed to be a sign that you have mites, but growing indoors in winter I'm guessing that's probably not likely? (I don't know much about bugs, though.)
I think your plants are looking good now.

Hey, I could be wrong--it's hard to tell in photos--but in the last two photos I think I might see just a little bit of yellowing between the veins of some of the older leaves? I could very well be wrong, but I'm very sensitive to that in coco grows because it's a sign of magnesium deficiency, which is common in coco coir according to all my reading. I skipped a dose of calmag in my coco grow a couple of weeks ago, and what do you know, about four days later some of the older leaves started getting yellow between the veins (but way more than I see in your photo--it was really obvious in mine), which is supposed to be a sign that magnesium is leaving the old leaves and migrating to the new growth? (This is all just stuff I've read.) Anyway, I gave the plant a dose of calmag and no problems since then just using 2.5 ml per gallon.

So I guess what I'm saying (taking the long way 'round the barn I know) is that if you're not giving calmag you might want to consider adding it, or better yet just really keep an eye out for yellowness between the veins of older leaves. It seems like a pretty simple symptom to see, just like nitrogen hooking, so you don't gotta call the County Agent to come and look at your crop. ;)

OK, that's my 2 cents worth.

Thanks!!! Yeah the one plant looks really healthy I'm happy with that one. I also was afraid of mites but thought it being indoors and winter would help prevent them as well but maybe they came in the coco? It also doesn't look as bad as mite infestations I see on google but maybe it's early stage. If it gets worse I'll definitely be looking into the next step for that. I also thought nitrogen deficiency as well. I mixed the rest of the nute water with another half gallon of ph'd water with cali mag to dilute. Maybe I should use more cali mag but I'm already using 2.5 mL per gallon.

What brand of calmag are you using? What do they recommend? The GH stuff you're supposed to add before you add anything else. Definitely not N deficiency! Just keep an eye on your older leaves for yellowness and you should be fine.

I worked on my coco grow for a couple of hours yesterday, mixing up nutes and pruning and pushing stuff under the SCROG net and adding another fan. It's always something...

So the tips of the new growth (after topping) are curving to the left and the plant looks slightly worse. Other one is healthy as ever. Just got a new microscop so I'll be checking for pests

No pests is good news. I imagine if you just keep taking good care of the less-than-great plant it will straighten up and fly right eventually...

My coco grow is exploding--gonna have to get in and do some defol this weekend...

So you must be in the flower stage?? Excited for you! Post pics ! And I'm not convinced it's not mites, it's just too hard for me to find them with my handheld microscopes. My 15x is easy to use but not strong enough and my 60-200x is nearly impossible handheld. I'm considering treating for mites just in case it's mites. I mean the thing is, it's symptoms all point to mites.

If you can't see mites with careful examination at 15X, my guess is that you ain't got mites! :)

No flowers on my White Widow two and a half weeks after I flipped to flower mode, but I tried just 10 hours of darkness instead of 8 for the first two weeks out of curiosity. One guy I read said that he got his to flower with just 10 hours of darkness; it just took longer. My SCROGed plant now occupies almost every square inch of it's 2' x 2' foot screen and not a pistil in sight, so she's definitely on 12/12 now!

I'd like to do pics and journals and all that, but I have a new job that has me humping...

If it's not mites idk what's wrong with her. Definitely carefully inspected with 15x and found absolutely nothing on many leaves. Any egg like things I see are completely round and not oval, while also being evenly spaced apart. Therefore it's more likely they are just like trichome heads. However my symptoms remain. New growth and newer growth is light green. Many Leaves show signs of blistering. Some leave tips curve or turn sideways. Some leaves are deformed (missing a leaf on one side). No twisting on new growth and symptoms aren't as severe as most mite infections you see. I'm trying to research and find out what else may cause these symptoms but to no avail. Symptoms are definitely not getting better so I want to figure out what could be the cause

Any pictures of the symptoms you are describing? Sounds kind of like something my plants are doing. I am just ignoring it and hoping for the best haha. Maybe it will work itself out.

Do they look like this?

They look somewhat similar , less shiny tho. Skinnier as well. Here's some pics

Hopefully someone with some more experience will chime in.

I made a post in my journal recently that has some shots of mine and a quick video clip. Seem to have some similar problems. The one in my garden doing it the most is the one in soil. The rest are in coco, but they were started in soil. So I will see what happens.

Hopefully someone with some more experience will chime in.

I made a post in my journal recently that has some shots of mine and a quick video clip. Seem to have some similar problems. The one in my garden doing it the most is the one in soil. The rest are in coco, but they were started in soil. So I will see what happens.

I had very similar symptoms in a previous soil grow which is actually why I switched to coco

HS: I think you might be overthinking it man. Those photos look fine except for what looks like a little bit of clawing from a little too much N.

If you feel like you have to do something, then reduce the nitrogen levels by 25% for a couple of weeks.

That's one of the great things about coco: you can dial up and dial back your nutrients in an instant (for me, giving two dilute feedings a day, in a matter of hours).

Any pictures of the symptoms you are describing? Sounds kind of like something my plants are doing.
All I see in that photo is a little bit of leaf scalloping, which is a symptom overheating.

(I assume the leaves are wet from watering. If they're that wet without being watered on, you need (a lot) more air circulation to dry up the moisture released from the leaves by transpiration.)

HS: I think you might be overthinking it man. Those photos look fine except for what looks like a little bit of clawing from a little too much N.

If you feel like you have to do something, then reduce the nitrogen levels by 25% for a couple of weeks.

That's one of the great things about coco: you can dial up and dial back your nutrients in an instant (for me, giving two dilute feedings a day, in a matter of hours).

I already diluted my nute solution to half for the past 3 days and I've been doing strictly water every 3 days so I'm not sure it's nitrogen toxicity. But it's possible

I already diluted my nute solution to half for the past 3 days and I've been doing strictly water every 3 days so I'm not sure it's nitrogen toxicity. But it's possible
That sure looks like (mild) nitrogen overload to me. I think you're OK. (By the way, I don't think deformed leaves ever "get better." It's the new growth that you keep an eye on.)

I never did get around to defoliating the jungle in the tent downstairs today. Tomorrow the beast gets a grooming. ;)

I've been doing strictly water every 3 days
Wait, what? You're not watering your coco every day? You've got to water coco every day! You can't overwater it. The extra just runs right through, and the plant loves it! Trust me on this, I'm a major coco snob! ;)

I'm the plumber with the clogged sink, yelling at other people about doing it wrong while my own plant is dying for attention. (But it's it's dark cycle at the mo' so safe from my defoliating mania for another 8 hours...)

Back
Top Bottom