Herbshuttles Indoor Coco Coir Purple Kush Grow

Beautiful!! Mine are showing pistils as well but not as many! I flushed the other plants with 5 gallons water plus flora kleen each just in case the unhealthy plant is experiencing lockout. The healthy one hd a bunch of salt buildup on the side so I flushed that as well (although the salt buildup remained for some reason).

I flushed the other plants with 5 gallons water plus flora kleen each just in case the unhealthy plant is experiencing lockout. The healthy one hd a bunch of salt buildup on the side so I flushed that as well (although the salt buildup remained for some reason).

Wow, that's a major treatment. I just hope the cure isn't worse than the symptoms...

Wow, that's a major treatment. I just hope the cure isn't worse than the symptoms...
So far so good. I just wanted to make sure I flushed it well in case there is a lockout. And so If symptoms persist or get worse in the next few days I'll assume it's something else

I thing lockout is kind of a boogieman that people worry about too much, but that's just a personal opinion. I hope your plant feels better soon. ;)
It's just my only other diagnosis asides mites. Healthy plant is better than ever. Unhealthy plant is the same so far. I'm worried I got those little devils.. The unhealthy one looks just like the one from my first grow that stopped growing and I couldn't figure out what it was. I'm thinking they might have come back to haunt me. Going to start planning out treatment to save the girl

It's just my only other diagnosis asides mites. Healthy plant is better than ever. Unhealthy plant is the same so far. I'm worried I got those little devils.. The unhealthy one looks just like the one from my first grow that stopped growing and I couldn't figure out what it was. I'm thinking they might have come back to haunt me. Going to start planning out treatment to save the girl
Well just make sure you've got an accurate diagnosis before you go for any aggressive treatments like pesticides, even soap sprays, which are nastier than they sound, or at least they were for me (didn't use 'em on cannabis, though...)

Well just make sure you've got an accurate diagnosis before you go for any aggressive treatments like pesticides, even soap sprays, which are nastier than they sound, or at least they were for me (didn't use 'em on cannabis, though...)
I agree but I've spent hours looking for a bug to diagnos and found none. So I worry they are in the plant or too tiny to find easily. I guess I can let it rock for a while. Biggest worry is it spreading to the healthy plant

Nothing at all. Only thing different from the two is the one started looking bad shortly before transplant. Both are the same strain and I did the same for both

Hahaha no I meant that i use water and nutes every day execpt every third day which is just water.
Hey HS. you don't want to ever give coco only water, because it will be starving every 3rd. day. Like Greg said liquid runs right through coco & perlite. So when you water with water only, all or most of your nutes go out the bottom of your pot, and gets replaced with water. You're treating coco, like soil. you're growing hydroponically now, and all your plant gets (nutrients) is what you give it. Your girls should be eating at like 1.2-1.4 EC by now. I highly recommend cultivators journal, How to grow in Coco - Feed schedule .

Hey thanks for the response! Yeah, I'm currently feeding at 900 ppm right now. Nutes a little under full strength for what's recommended on the GH feed chart (not bottle). My reasoning for water only every third day was because I noticed salt buildup on the side of my smart pots and one of my plants was showing signs of sickness. I figured it was nutrient lockout because I couldn't find mites (my only other possible diagnosis) after searching for hours and hours. Maybe the deficiency isn't from lockout and it's from water only every third day however I didn't start the water only every third day until AFTER the plant was sick. This is only my second attempt so I don't know a terrible lot about this. Just trying to soak up the knowledge and experience I can to get better

I'm currently feeding at 900 ppm right now. Nutes a little under full strength for what's recommended on the GH feed chart (not bottle).

Hey HS, just for reference since were both in coco coir with GH FloraSeries:

I'm giving my coco grow, which is in about its fourth week since flip, recirculating GH "Early bloom" nutrients twice a day, which were at 400 PPM last Sunday (and 200 of that is Ca/Mg).

The pump runs for two minutes twice a day, and delivers about 3/4 gallon each time.

The PPMs have been dropping steadily all week from 400 Sunday to 250 PPM today (Saturday).

Actually I should say that that's MY diluted version of Nebula Haze's diluted version of GH Early bloom. Specifically:
1.6 ml/gallon of FloraBloom
1.6 ml/gallon of FloraMicro
0.8 ml/gallon of FloraGro
2.5 ml/gallon of GH CALiMAGic CaMg supplement

Reservoir pH starts at about 5.7 and gradually rises to about 6.1 over the week.

Runoff is steady at 215 PPM and pH 6.2. (Interestingly, even as the reservoir pH and PPMs change, the runoff doesn't.)

My reservoir has dropped 2.3 gallons in 6 day, from 5.4 gallons when I filled it to 3.1 gallons today. That's 1.5 quarts a day.

I'll probably change out the entire reservoir tomorrow, but sometimes I just top it off with a couple of gallons of concentrated stock to take the PPMs back up.

My screen of green looks kind of like a field of daisies now.

Anyway, just FYI...

Back
Top Bottom