Hey There - Hope This Goes To Plan - GHC Big Bang

Mr Riley

Hey Everyone.
First post, first grow.
Basically I'm a hobby gardener and hobby green smoker. I have double sciatica and perforated disk. I use the good stuff to make working easier (engineer). Plus I have a really short attention span plus an intolerance for arse holes. Smoking helps me just relax and keep the blood pressure down.

I have got some Big Bang seeds from the GHC. Their supposed Dutch pharmaceutical, reason 1.
Good yields upto 800g psqm indoor or up to 1000g per plant outdoor, reason 2.
These seeds although having a good reviews are actually some of the cheapest seeds I could find. Reason 3
(I'm hoping to grow diesel of sorts next time, but thought I'd test the water with a cheaper seed first)
This grow is organic. I make my own compost, have my own worm farm, working on my own nutes.
I'm growing under CFLs, on 25w-100w rating, in total I've got 6 bulbs. So about 7000L

Using a grow box made of conti board (chipboard with a white laminate) so not sure if the reflection is going to be sufficient, but it's a learning curve. If anyone has used something similar then I would love to hear from you.

Pics in a few days when I get sprouted.

Re: Hey There, hope this goes to plan. GHC Big Bang

cool... Organic grow Big Bang is an Indica then? Indicas make the assholes go away, and Sativas turn you into one :)

Hey there mr Riley. Welcome and glad to see you have started growing!!! I like to see your growing organic!!! I started as organic based gardening and the switched to all organic. I love it and my plants seem to be loving it as well. Do you have the book True Living Organics by The Rev?? He revolutionized the indoor organic method. The book is amazing hands down!! But I will recommend another book, the cannabis grow bible, is needed as true living organics (TLO) only concentrates on one topic. If you want general knowledge on how to grow the bible is where it's at!! Anyways great to have you and I will for sure be checking in on how things are going!! Happy growing!!!

Hey thanks for reading and replying.
Haven't seen those books before, I doubt you can pick them up in Waterstones?! so I'll keep a look out on the Internet.
I'm going to fill my van up with seaweed in abit. I've heard that it is full of nitrogen and phosphorus. Going to dig it into the garden ready for putting some cuttings in around May. Also goin to fill the rest of my composters with it...
Has anyone had any experience of using Leachate (worm wee) on their grows?

I planted rhubarb, courgette, and some chilli plants in the same soil, they've been on the window seal for 4 days and its all starting to sprout, so that filling me with confidence. I've chosen to plant the seeds in soil. The wet kitchen paper thang just looks like an old school project. Any way I've got the week off and I'm not high yet... Talk later
Riley

If waterstones is a big book store you might actually be able to. I know that the bible is in book stores and the TLO should be but I got that online. And be careful putting seaweed directly into pots with plants. The build up of organic matter will actually make your soil heat up from the decomposition. Take that seaweed and dry it up and shred it. Mix it in some of your soil that you have left over and compost it somewhere for about a month. Keep it moist but not soaked and turn it a few times a week. After about 4 weeks you'll have some killa soil to use!! Hope this helps. Happy and safe growing man!!!

I started a worm farm. They produce castings. Which have little beasties that eat your nutrients and excreate out useable chow for your plants.

Would seaweed leech salts??

Hey bud grant. And yes they would. Especially if they aren't washed/rinsed before you add to your compost. Rinsing them would help but they defiantly will still have a high salt content. You should make sure that you compost it into your soil mix for a good month to break down the organic matter. And I bet your little worms would love some dried seaweed!!! They would help break it down. Hope this helps. Happy growing everyone!!!!

Howdy Mr Riley. Put it pics of your grow. People like those. Take it easy

Sorry guys I've been real lazy on here, I'm real busy else where so...
I've built myself some new light holders, I'm kinda proud of them, no raise from the seeds yet, might be a little to deep in the soil but soon enough ill have the garden of Eden in my spare room. Will post pictures tomorrow night.
Thanks for all the seaweed info, I washed it all then let it soaks in a huge bucket and change the water everyday, gunna dry it out on the veg beds (empty) then chucks them in the composters . Hope your all good.

image707.jpg

Hey guys, sorry its taken so long... So I made these light bars using cfls 3@ 25wx100w rating, the other 2@ 37wx150w rating
Doing a bit of math and there kicking out about 8500-9000L
The tray have got my courgettes, rhubarb and chillies in them, just trying to hurry them along. As soon as the hemp as raise ther little heads everything else is back on the window seal.
Going off to get a fan in abit. Also thinking about abit of added Co2.
Thanks for waiting.

Hey there mr Riley and your light setup is nice. Very clever!!! From the one picture I see your soil and do you use perlite?? What you have in the pots and the trays looks like it doesn't have any. Perlite is really important for a lot of reasons!! 1 of course for being aeration, 2 being keeps your soil from compacting around the roots and preventing them to stretch for nutes, and 3 in a true organic soil the little beasties will actually live and colonize right on the perlite since they can't eat it. This increases your micro life in the soil ALOT!!! But all in all nice looking setup you got man!!!!

your worm farm is going to produce co2 if you put it in proximity to your grow.

Heck yea it does!!! I have seen a lot if small cabinet grows where they actually harvest that co2 and feed into the air intake. I had been using activated yeast and sugar water for my co2. Works great for just one plant lol

Hey up, sorry I e not been on for ages. Well.
I must of over cared for my little seeds, only two shoots. However I've backed off them abit, mixed the soil with perlite (best tip ever), abit of chicken manure... They seem to be firing along now, keeping a temp between 80-90f which seems to be doing them fine. Was worried about the high mark at first but the room gets to that temp naturally and the plant don't seem to be suffering. Hope you all enjoy the pics.
Riley

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom