Holy Grail Kush From Seed: Stacked Rubbermade Container Grow

chib

Hey everyone,

This is my first grow ever, And it's also a stealthy one (just for fun :thumb: )
I found the seed in an ounce of some really killer holy grail kush a while back and thought I mine as well try to grow it.

She's under 111 watts of cfl lighting and the temperature sits around 80 degrees. I have a 6' desk fan along with two 4' fans. Ones being used as an intake the other is blowing directly onto the lights. There's also a passive intake for some fresh air. I haven't done anything about the smell yet and I plan on most likely using ona gel.

I don't have pictures of the first cab I used but let's just say, the first couple weeks of my babies life were tough.

Dealt with mold in her initial pot and temperatures well into the 100s, Even had to transplant her at the age of 4 days old... She also got nute burned badly when I re-potted her into miracle grow moisture control soil. Amazing how strong these 'weeds' are.

She's alive and all's well. She is now 26 days old from seed :circle-of-love:

The setup.
1sur.jpg

v69j.jpg

dhmr.jpg

4g3z.jpg

pqk2.jpg

i48h.jpg

d4st.jpg

And here's a couple older ones, From about a week and a bit ago

ih4g.jpg

yxp1.jpg

I'm open to any suggestions, This is my first grow like I said.

6ffj.jpg

Just tied er down a bit more. Almost pulled her roots out like a jackass but I don't think I did any serious damage.

I also cut 3 old leafs that had the claw and were nute locked that looked gross, hope that it helps.

I'm noticing a lot of growth near the bottom, and is it just me or is thing plant's genetics weird as hell.

Now, I know a lot of people advice to not cut the fan leafs during veg.

I on the other hand decided to try things my own way and they seem to be fine, No noticeable shock was caused to my plant.
I probably wont be doing this again after doing a lot of research on the topic, but oh well.

I did it because of the awkwardness of my cab, the lights from the top will not hit the middle leafs no matter where I place the lights.
Some leafs under the fan leafs were actually drooping from lack of light, so nobody can tell me that light penetrates those gargantuan fan leafs to the bottom, If it does it's surely not enough light.

My argument is that growing indoors is nowhere near natural, So trimming to allow more light could prove a good thing.
Direct sunlight is able to penetrate around the plant where as our CFL's are only able to penetrate a couples of inches.

Trimming fan leafs on an outdoor plant = no,
Trimming fan leafs in regular indoor grow = no
Trimming in a confined space to allow more light to bottom structure = maybe good ?

I know all plants react completely differently to defoliation but these Kush strains seem to not give two shits about it.

You can see how much bushier she is already. The bottom has really picked up.

24xf.jpg

tn0u.jpg

laea.jpg

most of those spots have been on the leaves for a while, are there new spots also? could be a pH fluctuation causing those spots. you want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Back
Top Bottom