Koncept's Flux Capacitor! Cap'n Style Hydro - Holy Grail Kush & Blzbud 1200w LED Grow

Re: Koncept's Flux Capacitor! Cap'n Style Hydro - Holy Grail Kush & Blzbud 1200w LED

I'm thinking I will go through all the UK sponsers too and create links to them pages.

I think by doing this, it might encourage UK sponsors to include more popular products in their inventories making for more uniformity in the growing/gardening community. If we all have access to the same stuff, more advanced growers will have an easier time teaching newer growers the ropes of growing. The difference in product availability is what's keeping us divided, like a language barrier of sorts.

Re: Koncept's Flux Capacitor! Cap'n Style Hydro - Holy Grail Kush & Blzbud 1200w LED

Happy days, I get around 20L a week & have been using it, so thanks for clearing that up LA :)

I think by doing this, it might encourage UK sponsors to include more popular products in their inventories making for more uniformity in the growing/gardening community. If we all have access to the same stuff, more advanced growers will have an easier time teaching newer growers the ropes of growing. The difference in product availability is what's keeping us divided, like a language barrier of sorts.

Its a great idea and I honestly feel it will help the uk scene grow!
Will look into doing it after my harvest tomorrow!

Happy days, I get around 20L a week & have been using it, so thanks for clearing that up LA :)

That sounds like a plan, my last RO was so rubbish I got 10l a week! Without on 24hours a day! My new one is better!!!!

Ok so I didn't get round to uploading any photos do I'm gonna have to do one big update over the weekend.

I have before and after shots of u 3 babies girls rote hitting them with my PGR's....wow is all saying for now, I will let you guys be the judges when I post the photos.

Anyway it's late here and I should go to sleep....long day of chopping tomorrow.

Keep it green guys!

What's up Koncept and subbers. Someone subbed to my journal pointed out that Botanicare may have swapped out AquaShield for HydroGuard. I am planning to swing by my local hydro store later in the week, and will have a more definitive answer then. You may have been searching for a product that is no longer being offered.

My god guys your RO systems sound shocking!!??? My one might be US in origin, yet I really get the 2:1 ratio :)
I get like 30 ltrs plus an hour lol. Its hardly ever on! :)

Wow, my new Ro gets about 8 litres an hour lol. I do have really bad water though so I know that effects it.

What's up Koncept and subbers. Someone subbed to my journal pointed out that Botanicare may have swapped out AquaShield for HydroGuard. I am planning to swing by my local hydro store later in the week, and will have a more definitive answer then. You may have been searching for a product that is no longer being offered.

Yeah they did the swap a little whole back, king john informed me on his journal. Funny bough the product that I found is still actually called aquashield and not hydroguard which is indeed the new one. Cheers for the info buddy.

HARVEST COMPETE GUYS. Not going to post pictures yet a I have been at it for 19 hour straight and I new to sleep.
I cut it, trimmed most of it, washed it and it's now drying. I also had a leak in the grow room tht I had to deal with bit yeah it's done now!

Catch u later guys

Bud is drying as we speak, they have been drying since Sunday morning and are drying nice an slow.
At the start I had issues with the humidity shooting up to 97% but I have it down to 50% with 19c temps.

I must admit that my first attempt of a flux and of cap'n style has been a challenge and has not turned out anywhere near as good as DWC.
Last run I vegged or two months an flowered for two.
This run I vegged for 3 months and flowered for 3 months and it looks like I'm goin to yield about half of what I did on my first run.
Because I have a veg box that is perfect for fluxing as it's not very high I will continue to flux and I have already started my next one (journal an pics to come after this one)
So yeah, I haven't done as well as I would have liked but I will have numbers once the batch I dry.

Fingers crossed I have got it wrong and looks are deceiving me.

Kept it green guys

Sorry about the raw deal koncept. Like Skunny said, I also hope your yield is deceptive and the numbers just land on high due to really dense nugs or something. In your opinion, what is the reason(s) for this? I might be needing to start a DWC b/c yesterday's transplants about depleted my rock wool reserves and I am just all around FLAT BROKE to buy more.

I hope your yield is a deceptive one :)

Cheers buddy! I too hope it's a deceptive harvest!

Sorry about the raw deal koncept. Like Skunny said, I also hope your yield is deceptive and the numbers just land on high due to really dense nugs or something. In your opinion, what is the reason(s) for this? I might be needing to start a DWC b/c yesterday's transplants about depleted my rock wool reserves and I am just all around FLAT BROKE to buy more.

Thanks man!
I'm gonna do another cap'n style run a see how it goes but I honestly think it's one of a few reasons
1) FUNGAS GNATS! They caused slow growth and skinny buds.
2) not using RO water with my G.E.T range nutes
3) dwc is a faster method of growing
4) first time flux that was not done as good as the sensei
5) I did a better job with my scrog than I did my flux.

I'm goin to do a count up and compare once the girls are dry and I'm gonna attempt another cap'n style after but I having considering going back to dwc or even make the switch to RDWC if I can afford it.

Keep it green guys

If you have the materials for DWC, than you have the materials for RDWC as your top feed pump will work for RDWC, you'd just need the PVC and uniseals.

To me, fluxing is more of an art, unless the grower only has a narrow long space to grow in, than flux is a necessity. Scrog is a method of accomplishing the same end result of spreading apart bud sites so each bud receives adequate lighting and air movement between. However, the crucial difference I can see is the the scrog net isn't put down until about halfway through the preflower stretch, whereas the flux is a training method that is used right from the start. Scrog is only stressful when it is applied, but flux is a low stress, but continuous stress which IMO can lead to lack of performance from any grow style. I'd even go so far as to say to do 2 RDWC grows, one scrogged and one fluxed and monitor the difference.

Please do not interpret this to mean that I am not a proponent of fluxing as I am a very big fan, and have given effort to ensure that fluxing remain LA's creation, not the mainline that other sites were calling it some moons ago, but like Capn style vs. DWC, I am a fan of what works best for me with what I have, and at the moment. My preferred method would also be RDWC, but having once contracted pythium in a DWC scenario, there are some things I need to first work out before revisiting that, so until I can get back to that (which will likely be very soon), it's capn style for me for now.

Regardless of all the issues you still made it to the finish line Hidden; Congrats...

Also if I remember correctly buddy you were having major issues with not having much time to spend on these girls. So the care/ attention to em was probs lacking at quite vital times for fluxing. This taken into consideration, as well as hitting 2 new processes at once for the run make it in my mind a success.
I'm sure this next run will benefit from lessons learned. So with a little more opening up of tips and good secondary shoot management, you will slay it :)
Looking forward to the numbers my friend! :)

If you have the materials for DWC, than you have the materials for RDWC as your top feed pump will work for RDWC, you'd just need the PVC and uniseals.

To me, fluxing is more of an art, unless the grower only has a narrow long space to grow in, than flux is a necessity. Scrog is a method of accomplishing the same end result of spreading apart bud sites so each bud receives adequate lighting and air movement between. However, the crucial difference I can see is the the scrog net isn't put down until about halfway through the preflower stretch, whereas the flux is a training method that is used right from the start. Scrog is only stressful when it is applied, but flux is a low stress, but continuous stress which IMO can lead to lack of performance from any grow style. I'd even go so far as to say to do 2 RDWC grows, one scrogged and one fluxed and monitor the difference.

Please do not interpret this to mean that I am not a proponent of fluxing as I am a very big fan, and have given effort to ensure that fluxing remain LA's creation, not the mainline that other sites were calling it some moons ago, but like Capn style vs. DWC, I am a fan of what works best for me with what I have, and at the moment. My preferred method would also be RDWC, but having once contracted pythium in a DWC scenario, there are some things I need to first work out before revisiting that, so until I can get back to that (which will likely be very soon), it's capn style for me for now.

I don't have my dwc materials anymore, I have gifted them to mates so will have to buy more. I don't mind, just means saving.
I don't have enough width and depth in order to run 3 pots and the control pot so I'm currently making plans to build a table, have the control bucket under and the 3 grow buckets resting above it. I have height but that's about it. It's goin to take a powerful pump due to gravity and a very steady table...I'm not very good at d.i.y so I'm gonna have to search the net for a tutorial of how to build a sterdy enough table with space underneath for the control bucket.

It's funny you should mention scrog met going down during stretch, I built mine when they were still seeds an let them grow through it, I vegged for 2 months and then let it stretch...but I stopped weaving at this point which was a mistake as I could have had even more colas!
I'm going to continue with fluxin as it really is the best option for me because of y small veg box, I may even look into doing a smaller flux, work on making the limbs very strong and then put it in the grow room with a scrog net over it...fluxinscrog!

I do agree that fluxin causes a stress that could lead to slow growth, but it did home with the warning of only to attempt once you have everything includi your strains dialed in so I guess it's my own fault forgot taking enough time...it's all about learning!!!

Regardless of all the issues you still made it to the finish line Hidden; Congrats...

Cheers buddy! At the end of the day I have a harvest and I learnt a bunch of new things throughout the grow so I'm pleased.

Also if I remember correctly buddy you were having major issues with not having much time to spend on these girls. So the care/ attention to em was probs lacking at quite vital times for fluxing. This taken into consideration, as well as hitting 2 new processes at once for the run make it in my mind a success.
I'm sure this next run will benefit from lessons learned. So with a little more opening up of tips and good secondary shoot management, you will slay it :)
Looking forward to the numbers my friend! :)

The time and care were defo a factor that I forgot to mention. I will defo call this run a success and I have defiantly not given up on fluxing as I honestly believe it was designed for my situation.
To be honest I think fettig used to cap'n style was harder than the flux because there were so many issues I had never had to deal with before, it's not dwc and I was about half way in when I worked out I should stop feeding using the dwc ph scale! I only realised when I got my G.e.t nutes and had to start following their ph formula.
I wasn't very good at opening the tips last time but have been much better this time round....well that was until I sprayed my plant growth hormone!!
Let me talk about brassinolide for a little while...this stuff is crazy! I brought 0.1% purity brassinolide and used 0.01g mixed with 1l of water...I shit you not they doubled in size over night. I didn't take pictures before and after because I didn't expect such a difference! But the stretch it caused it a joke...like jack when he chucked the beans out the window!
It also caused explosive root growth and bigger leaves.
Downside, limbs are a bit to weak to deal with the increased growth...enter 6-Benzylaminopurine. This stuff has man uses depending on the ppm it's used at.
50ppm causes stronger stems and increased photosynthesis
150ppm in flower causes bud sites to develop early with more bud sites (bud igniter)
300ppm causes the plant to stop all upward growth and start focusing on making bigger buds
2000ppm (I need to double check this) causes the plants to branch out as if you have pinched the tops.

On my next run I will 100% document this.
I do have a photo of my babies 48 hours before and after I sprayed the hormone which I will upload during my mass post harvest update that will bring this journal to an end and bring my next journal to a start.

I honestly think that I can cut my veg time in half with the use of these two hormones....along with the one I have always used triplantanol which is used for general growth and is known to be used in canna boost.

Thanks for sticking around guys. All your help has been so useful and I cannot thank you enough my friends.

Let me talk about brassinolide for a little while...this stuff is crazy! I brought 0.1% purity brassiness and used 0.01g mixed with 1l of water...I shit you not they doubled in size over night. I didn't take pictures before and after because I didn't expect such a difference! But the stretch it caused it a joke...like jack when he chucked the beans out the window!
It also caused explosive root growth and bigger leaves.
Shoot Hidden! Tell us more about this brassinolide. What is it, where do you get it, how do you use it, what type of medium can it be used with, how much does it cost... Forget about it! I want to know everything.

Ok first, you can get it from mbferts...I couldn't because they wouldn't ship to the uk so I had to import from down under! It cost a few bucks for a gram and that gram will last you months.
It can be used with most methods of growing but it's best used as a foliar spray so that's where I have done the research.
It dissolves in water unlike 6-Benz and tria so You just weigh it out and out it in water!

Here is some info borrowed from mbferts

Benefits of 0.1% Brassinolide Plant Hormone BRASS PGR Growth Regulator:

Natural steroid found in plants.
Promotes cell elongation and division in plants.
It helps in increasing the percentage of fruit setting.
Regulates differentiation in tissue culture.
When applied during flowering stage, can decrease the chances of flower dropping and fruit dropping.
Improves the plant's ability to deal with diseases.
Improves the growth of the germinating seed.
Can be used in drench or foliar feed applications.
Strengthens a plant's immunity to stresses such as drought, salinity and cold.
Is an important element for plant growth and helps increase yield.

0.1% Brassinolide Plant Hormone BRASS PGR Growth Regulator Specification:

Product Name : 24-Epibrassinolide - Brassinolide - Plant Hormone - BRASS - BL
Cas No: [78821-43-9]
Structure Formula : C28H48O6
Molecular Weight 480.68
Appearance: White crystals
Purity: 0.1%
Melting point: 254-256°C

Usage of 0.1% Brassinolide Plant Hormone BRASS PGR Growth Regulator:

Brassinolide is fully water soluble.
Can be used in the germination of seeds, or propagation of clones.
Can be used in the vegetative growth or flower stages.
Can be used in drench feeds, hydroponic systems, soil, coco, soilless mediums, and foliar sprays.
Consistant Drench Feedings: Use at .01 -.05 PPM.
Every few weeks Foliar Spray: Use at .1 PPM

The most important aspects of these products I'm using are that although they come in powder form and look like chemicals...they are indeed all hormones that are naturally occurring in plants, yes they are lab created but this is the modern world where we have LED lights that can grow cannabis for crying out loud.
I'm a trader at heart and I'm all about buying for low...and I can't help but wonder if I have been paying £50-150 a litre for something that is basically a $1 powder mixed with water to create 1000 litres...I didn't do too well at math but that adds up to a tidy profit in my eyes....IM TALKING TO YOU ADVANCE NUTES!!!
I mean, I used 0.01 of something that is 0.1% purity and got growth like I have never seen before! I do feel it would have to be used with 6-Benz in order to make the stems stronger.
Next time I'm going to try even less I used it at 0.10ppm...I think that might have been too much so next time I will attempt 0.100ppm and hope that the stretch is not quite so much.

I'm 100% going to be doing more research!

I been spraying every other day the past week because if the mold. It's only on the hgk00 which I personally don't think will be able to stand on it's own anyway so I don't mind about having to chop that before photos. If I can get the other two plants out first will also be a lot easier. I have tomorrow to think about this so I'm not worried. Just can't wait to get them down and dry so I can move my babies into the big room...they have outgrown there current location and I feel like they really need to be hit with some TOPLED light!

Keep it green guys

get a sulfur burner for your flower room, it will make your life a lot easier when fighting mold.

Ok well my advise when using the above hormones....BE VERY VERY CAREFUL!!! Half of my plants have died, as in the 3 plants are still there but half of them have collapsed!
This is because of two reasons
1) me bending the stems and pinching too much which sometimes lead to breakage which had to be mended with cut up straw
2) the extra growth caused from the hormones aided against me, not only did they grow too big to be supported by themselves....they covered a whole bunch of other arms that I couslnt see!

I have not been about as much of late so I have not been bringing them out everyday to play with them so I don't know how quickly this happened. Either way I'm not happy today the least.
I'm going to have a look at them tomorrow after giving them a feed today and see if that helped at all. Hopefully they will recover but I'm prepared to lose half of each plant if need be and try again next time...all a learning curve.
One of the main problems is I need better light in my veg box, I'm thinking going LED for my little veg box.

I have made a scrog net and I think of the plants don't recover I will chuck them in the how room with a scrog net over them and do a flux-scrog and see how that goes.

On better news, my harvest is still drying! I really wanted a slow dry and I'm getting it which is cool. Downside to that is because they are taking so long to dry I have been unable to move my babies in there and the above has happened lol

Anyway, that's it for me for now
Keep it green guys

Back
Top Bottom