Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

My NL that I am reversing is starting to look like some of the pods are starting to open so to contain the pollen I have placed it in the Biodome Pollinator 3000.

9.jpg
11.jpg

7.jpg

The Biodome Pollinator 3000 consists of a bag to cover the pollinating plant that is hooked up to an aquarium pump to supply fresh air but to contain the pollen the exhaust line has a coffee filter attached. I have the air pump on a timer so it only runs one out of every four hours.

I checked my NL that is flowering and there is lots of clear but surprisingly I see some amber so I think it is close to harvest time already.
1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg

Gotta love low tech solutions.
And ones I don't have to buy anything for. I find it hard to throw anything out that may be useful. Getting hard to get my car in the garage, lol.

A lot of folks are doing that these days I guess with shows like American Pickers and Storage Wars.

Gotta love low tech solutions.

Redneck engineering by Jerry Riggs. Duct or electrical tape, bailing wire or twine, JB Weld, just a few tools of the trade. I have an electronic control for a built in double oven that's been repaired with a small piece of dowel rod and Black tape. The replacement part is discontinued and a new oven is over $1000. It's been functioning over 3 years on my repair job.

The old timers were good at it.
Takes a lot of knowledge too to know what everything is worth.

I wasn't even going to check my NL trich's yet because I thought it was too soon so I was surprised to see so much amber already so I went back in my journal to check and I flipped it on Sept 30th which is 8 weeks exactly. Glad to see she is a fast budder because this NL from Sensi is a keeper. It has been nice and sticky almost from the start of flower and has a great fruity aroma so I think once I make seeds from her I will be growing lots of her.

Of all the strains I have grown nothing touches NL for that nice relaxing sedative feeling.

NL is a great strain, they don’t make strains like that anymore.
I find that because my OG Kush and White Widow despite being indica's just didn't have the same punch.

Redneck engineering by Jerry Riggs. Duct or electrical tape, bailing wire or twine, JB Weld, just a few tools of the trade. I have an electronic control for a built in double oven that's been repaired with a small piece of dowel rod and Black tape. The replacement part is discontinued and a new oven is over $1000. It's been functioning over 3 years on my repair job.
That must feel gratifying.

@farside05 its a skill lacking these days.

I think it started with the generation right after mine (I'm 51). I'd have friends that would say, "it must be nice to be handy". IMO, handy isn't something you are born with. It's a learned skill that comes from being too cheap or too broke to pay someone else to do things. If I make $18 an hour, why would I pay someone $50 an hour to do something I'm capable of? That's loosing money. Only farm out jobs you are incapable of or you can earn more by working your job while someone else does the shit work. Don't know how to do something? Take a flyer and learn. With YouTube nowadays, you can find instructions on how to do most anything.

I think it started with the generation right after mine (I'm 51). I'd have friends that would say, "it must be nice to be handy". IMO, handy isn't something you are born with. It's a learned skill that comes from being too cheap or too broke to pay someone else to do things. If I make $18 an hour, why would I pay someone $50 an hour to do something I'm capable of? That's loosing money. Only farm out jobs you are incapable of or you can earn more by working your job while someone else does the shit work. Don't know how to do something? Take a flyer and learn. With YouTube nowadays, you can find instructions on how to do most anything.
Working as a millwright I was fortunate I got paid to tinker on stuff but yes the internet is a boom for the do it your selfer. I learned distilling then knife making and now growing in forums and endless other stuff on youtube. I love it.

Back
Top Bottom