Hootenanny's Perpetual Grow

Day 21 since flip

Everything is ticking along nicely. Buds continuing to stack all round. Left side with the new hood is beating the right with the older hood at this stage. I also noticed when putting lights back on after taking a few pics that the left side started up with a whiter light while the right was yellow, both globes the same age, that could be the difference? the far right/front plant is lagging behind the others, its is in front of the vent that fresh air comes in through and dries out the fastest, its the only difference and not a whole lot I can do about it. Anyways a few pics for reference at the 3 week mark :cool:

DSC_0002.JPG

Left side

DSC_0004.JPG

Right side

DSC_0005.JPG

Had a little free time on my hands today so I took a little more from their undersides, again. I only take a few fan leaves and about 6-10 budsites off each plant. I worry about getting a herm from taking too much. I will give them a week recovery and probably do their last round of snipping at the end of week 4.

I also picked up that the cola spread on the right side wasn't even in one spot, so I got a pair of wire cutters and snipped open a few of the 100mm x 100mm and made some minor changes. Worked a treat :slide:

DSC_0466.JPG

The next gen are looking good @The Dirty :) They're now in the big tent under a 600w MH dimmed to 400w. A little smaller then I would like before flipping, so I'm giving them an extra week of veg, im not in any huge rush.

Big tent now has the new hood on the left. It will make for more even light distribution. The right hand side turned out a bit better then the left because of the different hoods.

Because of the new larger hood I had to move the exhaust fan which is now along the back so I can later raise the hoods to the top.

DSC_0915.JPG

Chucking out the harvested root balls today I took a pic..

DSC_0920.JPG
nice roots these ones pal ;)

Cheers @jdschampionn and welcome to my journal, thanks for stopping by, and hopefully you find something useful to help you with your foray into coco!

I got around to doing a bit of defol and took a few more branches off... I was pretty brutal about it, hopefully its not too much of a shock and the girls dont herm on me! Pic below was half way through the trim, as you can see I took quite a few thin branches that didn't look productive. I've been getting some excessive humidity and needed to increase air flow around light penetration.

DSC_0475.JPG

As I was saying, humidity and temp swings haven't been 'ideal'... by anyones standards :rofl: but the girls are powering along and I'm optimistic if mold doesn't get me it will be a good harvest!

I have been told, but can't verify, that this is one of the advantages of taking flowering clones. That after several generations of you picking the cuts that are most adapted to your environment, you can get a productive plant in far from ideal conditions.

DSC_0478.JPG

DSC_0479.JPG

Quick Clone Update

Its been 14 days since I took the clones, they were a little slow to get going (its winter here) and I may of accidentally watered them with some nutes that were a bit strong but today I pulled a few cubes out and a couple had some roots showing. I had the arvo from so I decided to pot up all 12.

DSC_0733.JPG

DSC_0734.JPG

They're now in ~3 liter pots under a 400w MH dimmed to 150w on 18/6. I soaked all the coco in nutes mixed at 1ml/L of A&B.

They should start to crank now! They will get 2 weeks in these pots then I will pick the strongest looking 8 and transplant into some new 19L (5gal) geopots I have coming in the mail :D

The big girls have started to pick up pace again.. first sign has been no run off the last 2 days with the usual 1L per day and visually starting to bulk up! Only at the start of week 6 so if all goes to plan it should be my best grow yet!:cheer:
@h
Quick Clone Update

Its been 14 days since I took the clones, they were a little slow to get going (its winter here) and I may of accidentally watered them with some nutes that were a bit strong but today I pulled a few cubes out and a couple had some roots showing. I had the arvo from so I decided to pot up all 12.

DSC_0733.JPG

DSC_0734.JPG

They're now in ~3 liter pots under a 400w MH dimmed to 150w on 18/6. I soaked all the coco in nutes mixed at 1ml/L of A&B.

They should start to crank now! They will get 2 weeks in these pots then I will pick the strongest looking 8 and transplant into some new 19L (5gal) geopots I have coming in the mail :D

The big girls have started to pick up pace again.. first sign has been no run off the last 2 days with the usual 1L per day and visually starting to bulk up! Only at the start of week 6 so if all goes to plan it should be my best grow yet!:cheer:
@Hootenanny so am i in when i understand you are watering clones only with a plain water ? (what about ph?)

yep I give plain water for about 10 days, you barely have to water though as they have no roots yet, just keep the rock wool damp. They survive and send roots out on the stored energy in the leaves and stems. Once they've got some roots, start with weak nutes (~400ppm ph 5.8) which is around quarter strength for H&G. At that strength you'd probably have to ph down.

I've only started to check ph in the last few months :rofl: once I started checking, house and garden mixed at half strength (which is how I used to mix nutes) with my tap water mixes up around 6.2, which is why I had no problems - got lucky :cool:

Only additive I now use is a generic pk 13/14.. which im using start of week 4 through to week 6 every water.

yep I give plain water for about 10 days, you barely have to water though as they have no roots yet, just keep the rock wool damp. They survive and send roots out on the stored energy in the leaves and stems. Once they've got some roots, start with weak nutes (~400ppm ph 5.8) which is around quarter strength for H&G. At that strength you'd probably have to ph down.

I've only started to check ph in the last few months :rofl: once I started checking, house and garden mixed at half strength (which is how I used to mix nutes) with my tap water mixes up around 6.2, which is why I had no problems - got lucky :cool:

Only additive I now use is a generic pk 13/14.. which im using start of week 4 through to week 6 every water.
Thinking about it, you're probably better off soaking the cubes in some super weak nutes (~200ppm 5.8ph) Could speed things up?
yea man i'm trying to don't get confused haha.

Day 35

Soo things are chugging along nicely.. or so I thought until I took some pics. The centers have a bit of light bleaching again *face palm* I started up a thread in the FAQ about light spreaders / heat shiels looking for advice and experiences.

Here's some pics, so you can see what I'm talking about..

DSC_0480.JPG

Only the very center has the bleaching, I'd say the rest are looking pretty good for day 35 :yummy:

DSC_0485.JPG

Day 42

Was seeing a little tip burn, I have been pushing the nutes harder lately as I wasn't seeing any haha.. I've noticed less burn though at the nute levels I'm using with RO water.

Have been watering with 2.25ml/L of A&B + 1ml/L of pk 13/14... comes in around 1000ppm.

Today I gave them a flush of 1ml/l A&B. Only a little bit of run off which I got rid of... probably should of run more thorugh ah well on the home stretch now.

DSC_0487.JPG

DSC_0490.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0490 (2).jpg
    DSC_0490 (2).jpg
    592.5 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom