How are my setup and plants looking? Help!

Itswoody

420 Member
38ACE8A5-EBEA-4433-A822-38AE2012734E.jpeg
31BAB708-5006-4C2E-9D73-9B7B69E2663B.jpeg
C0EFD642-9D6F-4C23-A101-C5840D8B8C4B.jpeg
EDA70F77-9D4A-4B8E-A9CE-173F85AA7695.jpeg
71F68CB9-A2F3-4FCA-BFCA-54BB8EF8C095.jpeg
AA44C7BA-724B-49EF-AA50-481D1BB83158.png
3E59AB2B-E59E-48EC-B8C7-1049982403C1.jpeg
Could someone please help me figure out why these 2 1/2 week olds are not doing as well as I’d like? On a 18/6 light schedule 400w metal halide bulb 22inches away from top of plants, I water every 2 days (about a 1/4-1/3 a solo cup of water) ph around 6, the soil I’m using is the soil in the picture, I’m also using the small fan on low as a breeze And the big fan to suck the heat out and using a humidifier, temperature is 75-80 while humidity’s around 60. I got some flora gro and flora micro today was gonna start feeding it to them next time I water as well as transplant into 3 gallon fabric pots. Why do some of the leaves have lighter green/yellow speckles on the them and some are darker green and “clawing” down (no nutrients at this point but what’s in the soil) and what in the world is wrong with that single leaf in the picture? It’s the lowest leaf on the plant so I picked it off. Thank you guys, anything helps!!! Ps. This is my first grow so be nice loll

Many times, if the plant isnt getting enough nutrients, it'll leach from the very bottom leaves to send up to the new growth up top.

Have you been getting water on the leaves? Water will spot leaves or cause burnt spots.

Yes rain hits leaves outside but artificial light and leaf water spots are a no-no.

Not the best with those clay pots, just transplanted tonight into 3 gal fabric pots and starting them with 2.5ml of the flora gro and 2.5ml of flora micro in a gallon of water ph measuring 6. How often would you think I should water them and how much roughly?

Many times, if the plant isnt getting enough nutrients, it'll leach from the very bottom leaves to send up to the new growth up top.
just transplanted tonight into 3 gal fabric pots and starting them with 2.5ml of the flora gro and 2.5ml of flora micro in a gallon of water ph measuring 6. How often would you think I should water them and how much roughly?

General rule is 25% of pot capacity or water until you see runoff.

How often, you lift a dry 3 gallon and remember the weight. Water when the pot feels dry.

Some shove a finger in and feel for moisture. Some feel the bottom of the pot.

You kind of have to see what works for you.

just transplanted tonight into 3 gal fabric pots and starting them with 2.5ml of the flora gro and 2.5ml of flora micro in a gallon of water ph measuring 6. How often would you think I should water them and how much roughly?
I water once a week and feed once a week once I get them into 3 gallon fabric pots. Usually every 3rd day. I would also try to get that PH up a little more.....6.5 area.

Read the how you water properly down in my signature. PH to 6.3.

Roughly how much water? I’m sorry for the questions just want to start somewhere than adjust to their needs? Thank you!!
I water until I start seeing runoff. I don't just pour it all at once and walk away. If you pour it all at once, the soil doesn't get completely saturated. It just seeps through the little channels. I pour it slow and take my time. Once i start seeing water come from the bottom, I know they are watered enough. I also use the leaves to judge when they need to be watered instead of the soil itself. But if you are newer to growing, when the soil is really dry, pick the pot up and try to remember how that feels. It wont have much weight at all. Don't use the knuckle method either. While the top 2-3 inches can be bone dry, the soil underneath that can still be wet enough for the roots. But on average, I water about every 3rd morning. If i am using nutrients then I wait for the next watering to add them. Water-feed-water-feed and so on. Best advice though is just try to remember that weight of the pot when its dry. Help this helps. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom