How bad is it? Will it die?

lljusell

hi im just starting week 5 of flowing and she is was getting mighty bushy so though id tie the branches back a lil but me being me i went to far and she split right down the middle..
420-magazine-mobile1684452185.jpg

Add a little cloning gel and maybe a zip to e for a week or so and she'll be just fine. This happens all the time when people at a late scrog or something hard core. she can take it. The cloning gel will speed the process.

I do it all the time. Just tie it up with a pipe cleaner. Tape is a pain to work with- but it will do. So will string, wire, whatever... it won't harm your plant at all.

do you think i should take the fan off her for a day or so just to give it chance to bond ?

No, honestly don't worry about it. It will be totally fine. The only danger with that sort of split, which I've had a zillion times, is that it could continue splitting down the stem if you hadn't bound it up. Other than that, that sort of lateral split doesn't cause any real harm. Just let it heal up. It will be a couple weeks before it's fully regrown stronger than before.

It would still grow if you just left her alone with it cracked, but not recommended. I've car ked a few main lined stems and didn't even know till harvest especially if their as thick as yours. No worries, your good to go!

Zip tie and don't look back, lol!

I mostly split them when I'm putting a scrog screen on before moving them into flowering. (I do it this way because of space limitations in veg). The screen pushes down a little and sometimes it will split from the pressure.
As I mentioned I use pipe cleaners to tie them up.
Depending how long you are vegging and flowering for after the mend, it actually is important to look back. Too many times I've forgotten to remove the pipe cleaner and later found it completely grown into the main stem. Not that it seemed to hurt the plant any. Tape would be more forgiving that way depending how tightly it was bound up.

Back
Top Bottom