How do you water your plants while on vacation when you have no one to help?

Senorbuzzzzy

I’ll be gone for 10 days and my plants start to droop after 3, so I want to ask this sub what they have done to water their plants while traveling.

First idea was those dripping watering caps that fit on a 2 liter bottle.

Second idea was wicking shoelaces using a five gallon bottle. I’m worried it won’t give enough water. But I’ve got four plants in pots so I can do this set up easily.

I don’t have a third idea...do you?

I usually use a watering can. There no electricity where they are. I ph adjust my tap water so the five gallon bottle would be best for that wicking method.

It’s going to be hot in SoCal in August ... I can’t leave them unwatered for ten days even after a good soaking.

I’ll be gone for 10 days and my plants start to droop after 3, so I want to ask this sub what they have done to water their plants while traveling.

First idea was those dripping watering caps that fit on a 2 liter bottle.

Second idea was wicking shoelaces using a five gallon bottle. I’m worried it won’t give enough water. But I’ve got four plants in pots so I can do this set up easily.

I don’t have a third idea...do you?

I usually use a watering can. There no electricity where they are. I ph adjust my tap water so the five gallon bottle would be best for that wicking method.

It’s going to be hot in SoCal in August ... I can’t leave them unwatered for ten days even after a good soaking.
Hello @Senorbuzzzzy hope your having a great day.
When you say there is no electricity i assume they are outside.
You must be able to reach them with a garden hose?
Put a timer on a garden hose. Have it turn on maby a couple times a day for a few minutes.
If thats not possible you could take a hose cap the end and poke a few small holes and just leave it turned on spraying a small amount constantly on the base of your ladies.
Just a couple ideas,give me some more details on location and we can fine tune you setup.
Bill

Four smart pots. No hose water for these girls. The water here sucks. Outdoors. Sunny yard. I’m leaning towards a drip system.

EA731675-FCAF-48D8-B1A0-E4C6568291F6.jpeg

Four smart pots. No hose water for these girls. The water here sucks. Outdoors. Sunny yard. I’m leaning towards a drip system.

EA731675-FCAF-48D8-B1A0-E4C6568291F6.jpeg
If you can rig a drip system great.
If not hose water is better then no water.
Zon seells carbon filters that screw right on your hose tap. Might help.Timers for hose too.

Bill

I swear by canadian tire water globes I'm on holidays now with them in use, but the best is a big wine bottle with a cork, drill the smallest hole you can in the cork and insert in soil ,,,,, do not over water before you insert! This will cause a river for run off ,,,,, a nice big watering so everything is most then insert wine bottle ,,, I hope this helps!!!! But holidays with smoking is way better then plant care and working ! If worst comes to worst you can always plant more ! Focus on time off brother!!!!! Good luck
IMG_20210704_152046_978.jpg
IMG_20210712_122334_485.jpg

Back
Top Bottom