How has growing helped any of you? If I can ask

the black market where i live is a joke.
i live in an area where the opiate epidemic hit particularly hard.
unless the weed was coming from myself in the past i wouldnt trust buying anything from anyone around here.
end up with premature or dispensary rejected weed sent from the west coast to some idiotic 23 year old who thinks hes a gangsta. and they are charging 40-50 a slice

i am also a medical patient, the dispensary i have gone to is also a joke.
multiple times i have either gotten seeded bud and/or premature or dry af “medical” weed
the dispensary is run purely for profit, they dont give a flying F about the quality, they are as bad as the black market.

i am in vermont, home of inbreds, morons and hillbillys. add the opiates into the mix and the entire state is like a mental institution.
delusional people everywhere

so yeah, reasons i grow

-weed is 10x better when i grow it
-dont need to associate with junky scumbag pieces of shit to get a bag of pot
-dont need to pay 57$ a slice at the “medical” dispensary for premature or seeded weed
-i get to experience the rewards of taking care of something and putting effort into making something great
-blow peoples mind when they smoke my pot rather than the crap i have seen on the black market

It’s been a fruitful hobby for me. At first just to get some clean and affordable bud. But it’s evolving into a part of my zen, much like many have said, it keeps me grounded.

I use every part of the experience, like some use all the plant, to get fulfillment. I can involve my enjoyment of photography as well as other things I enjoy. It brings other people joy to see me happy too.

I could probably go without growing if I could afford the stupid prices these days, and IF it was top shelf bud that wasn’t dried in the Sahara.

I could just eat em. Even when I don't eat any greens... Can I ask why it takes 6 months ?? I can't lie I really love them chics I would marry them if i could... seriously
Auto Flowering takes less time, but a Photoperiod takes 6 months seed to Harvest .
I am only assuming that things go wrong during that time.
I know with my auto flowering I'm on week 5 and it's been a ride !
:peace:

unless the weed was coming from myself in the past i wouldnt trust buying anything from anyone around here.
end up with premature or dispensary rejected weed sent from the west coast to some idiotic 23 year old who thinks hes a gangsta. and they are charging 40-50 a slice

multiple times i have either gotten seeded bud and/or premature or dry af “medical” weed
the dispensary is run purely for profit, they dont give a flying F about the quality, they are as bad as the black market.

i am in vermont, home of inbreds, morons and hillbillys. add the opiates into the mix and the entire state is like a mental institution.

so yeah, reasons i grow

-dont need to pay 57$ a slice at the “medical” dispensary for premature or seeded weed
-i get to experience the rewards of taking care of something and putting effort into making something great
-blow peoples mind when they smoke my pot rather than the crap i have seen on the black market
Dude I'm in NY.
We can only get Vape , Caps or Tincture.

Auto Flowering takes less time, but a Photoperiod takes 6 months seed to Harvest .
I am only assuming that things go wrong during that time.
I know with my auto flowering I'm on week 5 and it's been a ride !
:peace:
Let me correct this a bit... a photo does not have to take 6 months. It is very possible to veg a photo for a month (just like an auto would do) and then put it into 12/12 light and 6-7 weeks later have a harvest... total 11 weeks. Typically mine run a little longer than that by choice and I end up having around 4 months start to finish on a photo as an average... but it is entirely possible to run a photo for 11 or 12 weeks total instead of the typical 10 weeks on an Auto, and you will get similar yields. This is what the SOG growing style is all about... run 20 small fast running plants in small containers, and get the same or better yield than several longer running plants of a larger size.

Let me correct this a bit... a photo does not have to take 6 months. It is very possible to veg a photo for a month (just like an auto would do) and then put it into 12/12 light and 6-7 weeks later have a harvest... total 11 weeks. Typically mine run a little longer than that by choice and I end up having around 4 months start to finish on a photo as an average... but it is entirely possible to run a photo for 11 or 12 weeks total instead of the typical 10 weeks on an Auto, and you will get similar yields. This is what the SOG growing style is all about... run 20 small fast running plants in small containers, and get the same or better yield than several longer running plants of a larger size.
.... over time that is. You could get 3 fast running SOG grows in during the time it could take you to do 2 longer running 4 month grows... and over time you end up with more yield if you do it right.

Growing is a way to feed my taste for good smoke, BUT.. The main reason for me is because three years ago my better half went through breast cancer and it has changed both our lives. All is good for now but I will be ready with some very clean and potent RSO ready to kick some cancerous butt.

.... over time that is. You could get 3 fast running SOG grows in during the time it could take you to do 2 longer running 4 month grows... and over time you end up with more yield if you do it right.

this is A BLUE ALIEN....

Attachments

• 2018_0404_012516_001.JPG
    2018_0404_012516_001.JPG
    638.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 2018_0404_012706_004.JPG
    2018_0404_012706_004.JPG
    995.1 KB · Views: 83

so yeah, reasons i grow

Exactly why I grow!

I didn't mean literally, I was just trying to say it's a long road .
3 months ,4 months it wasn't a fact .
I would have fact checked if I was giving advice not give wrong advice or facts.
The thread was how growing has helped us spiritually and happily.
I was not looking to be corrected on my reply to a light hearted thread. Thank you :peace::love:

I didn't mean literally, I was just trying to say it's a long road .
3 months ,4 months it wasn't a fact .
I would have fact checked if I was giving advice not give wrong advice or facts.
The thread was how growing has helped us spiritually and happily.
I was not looking to be corrected on my reply to a light hearted thread. Thank you :peace::love:
sorry Wulves, I didn't mean to offend. I am just not a fan of Autos and I was afraid that an exaggeration such as yours might scare a new member into never trying a photoperiod plant, even though what you said was in gest. This possibility of long term confusion by saying something like this to a new grower outweighed my social need to be politically correct and I felt compelled to weigh in with my experience and knowledge in this matter. Please don't take this personally; it was only meant with the best of intentions and with no slight in any way to you or the knowledge you share.
:green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom