How long have you been growing for?

Farmer since birth. Growing marijuana for a little over three years. I average about 8 harvests per year between the two tents. If I had a dedicated drying space I could squeak out one more each. It really ups the learning curve to run more cycles
2 tents? You're cheating!

What is the easiest and most cost efficient way to do clones?
There are many different ways to take cuttings and get them to root.

The easiest and most cost efficient way is the one that works so well they all survive.;) In other words you will have to just jump in and get your feet wet as the saying goes. Try one method after another till you find one that works for you. What works for one guy is the best for him or her and does not mean it will be the best for you.

My best way is to take the cuttings off of mother plants that are being grown outside for the summer. I put the cuttings in small containers of soil, leave them in dappled sunshine & shade under a large tree in the back yard, water them every now and then unless it rains. Then when they seem to be growing new leaves and maybe a root or two stick out the bottom of the small pot I will transplant to a larger container. That is my easiest and most cost effective method.

There are many different ways to take cuttings and get them to root.

The easiest and most cost efficient way is the one that works so well they all survive.;) In other words you will have to just jump in and get your feet wet as the saying goes. Try one method after another till you find one that works for you. What works for one guy is the best for him or her and does not mean it will be the best for you.

My best way is to take the cuttings off of mother plants that are being grown outside for the summer. I put the cuttings in small containers of soil, leave them in dappled sunshine & shade under a large tree in the back yard, water them every now and then unless it rains. Then when they seem to be growing new leaves and maybe a root or two stick out the bottom of the small pot I will transplant to a larger container. That is my easiest and most cost effective method.

I've only tried one method of cloning and that was with sticking its stem in a large bowl with an airpump running. The roots never came through for me with this method though. Once I start my pheno seeds all planted I may look into another cloning method! still have 10 seeds or so, 3 of them being pheno fems

I use root riots humidity dome and tray with 72 cell insert. Have roots normally in 7 days. Head over to my journal where I talk about my clone setup a little. Towards the end of the video

@SmokingWings since this is my first grow, and things seem to be going fire. I def wanna try cloning this momma!
If you have not done it before and are ready to give it a try I suggest a basic google search using > rooting cuttings. Then start reading up on the various methods. Try one method after another until one works for you.

I use root riots humidity dome and tray with 72 cell insert. Have roots normally in 7 days. Head over to my journal where I talk about my clone setup a little. Towards the end of the video

Do you

Did you just take cutting and put stem right into soil and then into the dome?

Do you

Did you just take cutting and put stem right into soil and then into the dome?

Its the snip and dip technique and I’m putting them in rooting plugs. They are like little brown sponges. Cruise over to my page and we can get you sorted don’t want to hijack this thread.

Question came to mind when I started reading through the forums and yall sounding like scientists on growing. I've been growing for a year and still dont understand half what you are talking about. Is it just me or does it take a couple years or longer to fully understand all this.

So question,

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN GROWING FOR?

1 YEAR FOR ME
Greetings from Nola. This is my first grow. A lot of Google and reading everything on this site. I'm on day 3 of 12 and 12. Hope to see flowers soon.

Greetings from Nola. This is my first grow. A lot of Google and reading everything on this site. I'm on day 3 of 12 and 12. Hope to see flowers soon.
Nice! Welcome and good luck man. This forum has some super nice folks in it... you'll learn a lot.

I'm right there with you, Saturday was lights on after a 55hr transition! Cheers brah
55hr darkness to start the transition? Does the extra darkness produce some type of hormones to allow for a better flip to flower? I've always done flipping by reducing lights to 12/12 never had a long period dark for this.

I'm right there with you, Saturday was lights on after a 55hr transition! Cheers brah
I jumped some hoops to get this far.
55hr darkness to start the transition? Does the extra darkness produce some type of hormones to allow for a better flip to flower? I've always done flipping by reducing lights to 12/12 never had a long period dark for this.
I just put em on the timer 12/12..... No 55hr transition. First I heard of it.

I use a clone King. basically is hydroponically done. it's very efficient I've got one that holds 25 cuttings I've actually had nearly 100% rooting on this thing. they sell it on Amazon. I highly recommend it
Zappa... nice!

Back
Top Bottom