How many members do soil versus soil less?

I grow in both at the same time. I have a 12 station RDWC that normally grows no more than 4. And i also grow in soil in a closet in my grow room. Both sites will be of the same strain so i can learn a bit more about the strain. Im presently growing in soil because its so easy to do. im having work done on my house so in soil i can move them around. Hope this helps

Years ago...like 4 years ago the other areas of the site were very active. Something happened which I never understood and the entire activity went to the FAQ. Things changed.

But there was a time where people posted soil questions in soil and DWC questions in DWC.

The activity in the DWC area of this place was MUCH higher. That said even if the growing were split even I would expect more activity on the Hydro side of the forum.

And I personally live more than an hour one way from a hydro store.

I just started a brand new pile for ROLS to find a mother which may live a while so I want a big pot with long break down compost.

Once I find a mother I will clone her and when I get the time to build the undercurrent system this next summer I will feed that from a mother in soil...until I get tired of that and just put it all in ROLS and relax.

I haven't tried undercurrent yet but that looks fun. So I plan to give that a whirl this summer.

But I will have some autos running cold plug, hot plug on the side.

So it is highly likely I will have a grow in a few months doing all 3 methods at the same time...because I am a jackass.

How ironic that the VillageIdiot has the most helpful answer:goodjob:. I am of the opinion that outdoor soil cultivation is by far the most productive and forgiving grow method, but then, I live in Africa, near a place called the cradle of humankind.
Cradle of Humankind - Wikipedia

The climate is ideally suited to summer outdoor grow, and in winter, I switch to super soil indoor grow, which requires all the lighting, heating, cooling and humidifying equipment one would usually find in an indoor setup.

I agree with VI, that purpose and dedication are the first questions to answer when choosing a grow method, but just as importantly, what are your geographical constraints, not only local weather patterns but personal availability of space, ie, apartment balcony, garden, smallholding or farm.

I began three years ago, with one indoor tent and one 300w led light and an ebb and flow setup with a 10-gal res and room for eight pots. I grow with hydroton. And I mostly use General Hydroponics nutrients. But now I also root clones in a DWC setup in a smaller tent.

I have good access to the large bags of Fox Farm Ocean Soil. That's what I've always ran. I like predictable results and simplicity, it has never let me down. No nutes necessary until well into veg. I'm just not ready to tackle a new method.

Back
Top Bottom