How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Baya thank you for sharing your situation. I'm sending best wishes and a hug. :hug::hug:

You don't mention what is available to you as a source of cannabis. That will help with the recommendations.

To start with, if you don't have flowers, I'd suggest a purchase of a concentrated cbd oil. That will allow you to determine how effective it is very quickly. Some prefer cbd only, some prefer cbd with a small amount of thc (10 - 2 for example) some prefer 50 50.

Welcome to 420 magazine.

Oh and your english is very very good so no more of that :)

Hello Oldbear,

Thank you for your interest.

Thank you for your answer, the best wishes and the hug.

I’ve just completed my first grow and therefore have access to homegrown cannabis flowers. The flowers I have are from the strains listed bellow :

- CBD Blue Shark 6%THC – 6%CBD (according to breeder specs)

- Durga Mata 2 CBD 8%THC – 8%CBD (according to breeder specs)

- Medical Buddha 10%THC – 10%CBD (according to breeder specs)

- CBD Therapy >1%THC – 10%CBD (the breeder ultimately acknowledged it was not stabilized)

- ThunderStruck 1-2%THC – 16-22%CBD (I’ve found out on the internet that this strain was highly unstable…)

- Pakistan valley 21%THC – CBD unknown% (according to breeder specs)

- Delicious Candy 21%THC – CBD? (according to breeder specs)

I have only about an ounce of flowers of each one of the above listed strains (I need to improve my growing skills). Just for info this grow was performed under 560W (real consumption) LED lights in a 1m² grow tent.

Sorry, I should have said all that in the previous post.

Which strain(s) do you think would be the most appropriate to start with to make oil ?

And how to properly decarb the 1:1 strains in the double boiler ?

How much of oil should my sister tack to her gum, how many times a day ?

Sorry for all these questions…

Again, thank you for your help your interest and the warm welcome Oldbear.

PS : thank you for my English, but you’ll soon notice that it may not be as good every time…

Hello,

This is my very first post on 420 mag.

I will do my best to sound as understandable as possible, however I may sometimes not be, for I am not a native English speaker, so please don’t be too harsh…

I am here to seek advice for my 36 year old sister. I’ll try to be as concise as I can to describe her ailments.

Since she had surgery 3 years and a half ago to remove a tumor (cavernous angioma) from her spinal canal, she is daily afflicted with neuropathic pain, spasticity, fatigue, incontinence, sleeplessness, mood swings among other troubles.

She used to be a very active person always busy doing things. Now, she can no longer work or do housework not even go out alone. She is completely dependent on her husband. Because of all that, she is slowly drifting in depression.

One of her docs told her she had all the symptoms of multiple sclerosis without actually it being MS. This sounded odd to me but I am no physician, nor do I have any qualification in the medical field…

She daily takes several anti pain pills such as Neurontin, Cymbalta, Oxycontin but it seems to be of little to no help. Her condition does not improve, just the opposite in fact, she is getting worse as the time goes.

She is due to have surgery in December to have a “drug delivering device” placed under her skin on the left side of her belly, automatically delivering a liquid drug (Lioresal) through some sort of a tiny hose (under skin) directly into her spinal canal.

I am not a pothead. I’ve seen and read many things about the healing and soothing powers of cannabis. More and more anecdotal evidence about marijuana’s health benefits are getting scientifically backed.

I therefore thought that, maybe I could help my sister with cannabis concentrated oil. I do not know which strains may help her, and how much of oil (grains of rice a day) should she need to tack to her gum ?

I am still in the process of reading this thread, but it takes time... There is still one thing I did not manage to understand :

Motoco says :

-“ I would remove the oil (after any carrier is burned off) right after the bubbles are big (I believe this is for high THC strains). Then I would make a high CBD strain of concentrate and when going through the decarbing process (double boiler) I would remove the oil cup when the bubbles have completely stopped for max cbd, cbn for shrinking any tumors and removing any inflammation.”

However, I am still wondering how to decarb a cannabis concentrated oil made with only one single strain high both in THC & CBD ?

Thanks for your time and assistance.

As an MS sufferer, I can tell you that cannabis helps. For me, the diagnosis of MS, was the ruling out of everything else. Cannabis acts as a Neroprotectant. (The US department of health holds the patent on it even though they tell us there is no medical use). Keep doing your research and ask all the questions you think of. We will do our best to help. :circle-of-love::peace:

Hello Dave Groomer,

As an MS sufferer, I can tell you that cannabis helps. For me, the diagnosis of MS, was the ruling out of everything else. Cannabis acts as a Neroprotectant. (The US department of health holds the patent on it even though they tell us there is no medical use). Keep doing your research and ask all the questions you think of. We will do our best to help.

Thank you for the message. This is my first day on 420 Magazine, and already I can feel the comforting warmth of a welcoming community readily sharing healing knowledge.

The comment you made, about how cannabis helps you struggle with MS, gives me hope that maybe my sister too could also benefit from same if not healing at least soothing powers of marijuana.

May I ask how you personally use cannabis in your everyday fight against MS ? Did you get helped to find the appropriate strain and the right way to use it ?

How would you describe your life with MS prior and after using cannabis as medication ?

Do you think that cannabis concentrated oil is the way to go against MS ?

Thank you.

Baya For about a year now, I have been experimenting with edible oil extractions using small volumes of dried flowers.

What I would do given your excellent supply and overall situation is this:

Mix up a 2 gram total batch using some of strains 1 2 and 3. Cover it with olive oil (about 50 ml) and bake it in an oven @ 220 for 2 hours.

After cooling try a very small sample - grain of rice example - rubbed on gums, under the tongue. Wait at least an hour to see how she reacts.

Keep track of this and increase or decrease the dose depending on the reaction. Keep the doses about 2 hours apart to start. Keep track of this because you may want to reduce or lengthen time between doses.

Many believe that small doses every couple of hours is the best for healing.

Later on, Id mix a 1 gram batch of 4 and 5, and then a 1 gram batch of 6 and 7. Suggestions on subsequent steps later.

The priority now is fast, easy, and getting cannabinoids in to her system and tracking the reaction. Think of them as supplements. Keep it simple.

Experimenting with other methods will come in time as you fine tune her medication plan.

Hello Oldbear,

Thank you for your interest.

Thank you for your answer, the best wishes and the hug.

I’ve just completed my first grow and therefore have access to homegrown cannabis flowers. The flowers I have are from the strains listed bellow :

- CBD Blue Shark 6%THC – 6%CBD (according to breeder specs)

- Durga Mata 2 CBD 8%THC – 8%CBD (according to breeder specs)

- Medical Buddha 10%THC – 10%CBD (according to breeder specs)

- CBD Therapy >1%THC – 10%CBD (the breeder ultimately acknowledged it was not stabilized)

- ThunderStruck 1-2%THC – 16-22%CBD (I’ve found out on the internet that this strain was highly unstable…)

- Pakistan valley 21%THC – CBD unknown% (according to breeder specs)

- Delicious Candy 21%THC – CBD? (according to breeder specs)

I have only about an ounce of flowers of each one of the above listed strains (I need to improve my growing skills). Just for info this grow was performed under 560W (real consumption) LED lights in a 1m² grow tent.

Sorry, I should have said all that in the previous post.

Which strain(s) do you think would be the most appropriate to start with to make oil ?

And how to properly decarb the 1:1 strains in the double boiler ?

How much of oil should my sister tack to her gum, how many times a day ?

Sorry for all these questions…

Again, thank you for your help your interest and the warm welcome Oldbear.

PS : thank you for my English, but you’ll soon notice that it may not be as good every time…

Hello Dave Groomer,

Thank you for the message. This is my first day on 420 Magazine, and already I can feel the comforting warmth of a welcoming community readily sharing healing knowledge.

The comment you made, about how cannabis helps you struggle with MS, gives me hope that maybe my sister too could also benefit from same if not healing at least soothing powers of marijuana.

May I ask how you personally use cannabis in your everyday fight against MS ? Did you get helped to find the appropriate strain and the right way to use it ?

How would you describe your life with MS prior and after using cannabis as medication ?

Do you think that cannabis concentrated oil is the way to go against MS ?

Thank you.

I have not seen much progression in my symptoms since I was diagnosed 5 years ago . I started cannabis within the first year and so far so good.

Have experimented with many different delivery modes. Smoking/vaping/ CCO tacking, edibles, and infused oils. I am currently helping myself and 2 others with MS and several people (including my wife) for pain. We also treated my wife's Lyme disease with CCO. That got rid of it even after 4 rounds of doxyicycline failed. I have a CBD infused olive oil that is helping with arthritis pain in her hip.

I also have a friend with a form of Parkinson's disease and she is helped with blended concentrates. She has also done well with 2:1 THC/CBD. You can either try to find a strain with that percentage (not many out there...Medicann's Blue Blood comes to mind) but you can blend your own together.

For fast onset, vaping (or smoking) will get the meds into the system fast, but not always in the amounts you might need. Here is what works for me:

I use infuse olive oil made with sativa dom strains for daytime. I also have olive oil for night time made with indica dom. This helps for sleep. I won't lie, I enjoy relaxing after work so I don't mind smoking, but for longer lasting effect, you need the infused oils or cco. My one friend I help, prefers coconut oil. The other person I make brownies for and he uses them for sleep.

The advantage of the olive oil infusion, is it is easier to make then the cco, I for myself and (especially the people with pain) it is easier to micro dose. Most people can't be going to work impaired. Micro dosing allows you to find the right dose that alleviates the pain with out the impairment. One of my friends has gone from 100mg oxi per day and replaced it with 1/4t infused oil 3x per day and is only taking 20mg of oxy at night. Her goal is to get off that too.

As for me, It helps with the pain and allows me to sleep well.

Each person is an individual and will have slightly different needs and effects. You will need to find the right dose with a little trial and error to find the correct dose.

Sorry if I rambled bit there. Let me know if there is something more specific I can answer.:circle-of-love::peace:

Baya For about a year now, I have been experimenting with edible oil extractions using small volumes of dried flowers.

What I would do given your excellent supply and overall situation is this:

Mix up a 2 gram total batch using some of strains 1 2 and 3. Cover it with olive oil (about 50 ml) and bake it in an oven @ 220 for 2 hours.

After cooling try a very small sample - grain of rice example - rubbed on gums, under the tongue. Wait at least an hour to see how she reacts.

Keep track of this and increase or decrease the dose depending on the reaction. Keep the doses about 2 hours apart to start. Keep track of this because you may want to reduce or lengthen time between doses.

Many believe that small doses every couple of hours is the best for healing.

Later on, Id mix a 1 gram batch of 4 and 5, and then a 1 gram batch of 6 and 7. Suggestions on subsequent steps later.

The priority now is fast, easy, and getting cannabinoids in to her system and tracking the reaction. Think of them as supplements. Keep it simple.

Experimenting with other methods will come in time as you fine tune her medication plan.

Thank you for all the directions Oldbear.

I have already tried several olive oil extractions in the past couple weeks, but she did not respond to any of them. The first olive oil extraction I made was with medical buddha (10%CBD/10%THC), then CBD Therapy (10%CBD/>1%THC) and finally Pakistan Valley (21%THC/CBD unknown). She told me that maybe she found a slight relief from back pain with the latter, but no more. Which left me wondering.

Is my herb correctly grown ?

Is my extraction methodology flawed ?

Prior to give her the olive oil extraction, I myself took 3 drops of the oil made with Pakistan valley, just to taste it, and 2 hours later I felt the onset of a mild psychoactive effect (which I am not fond of).

These are the steps I followed to make the olive oil extractions :

- 1) Weighing and grinding 7 grams of herb

-2) Spreading the herb into a terra cotta dish (for an even temperature from start to finish, monitored with an oven probe I bought from Amazon)

-3) Drying the herb for 20 minutes in a pre heated oven at 248°F

- 4) Letting the herb cool for a while

-5) Baking the herb in a pre heated oven at 248°F for 1 hour

-6) Placing both the decarbed herb and 50ml olive oil in a saucepan and proceeding for the actual extraction, using the double boiler method (water) for 2 hours

Unfortunately I do not live in an area of the world giving access to private individuals to cannabis lab testing…

Anyway, I will try the method you described.

I have already tried several olive oil extractions in the past couple weeks, but she did not respond to any of them. The first olive oil extraction I made was with medical buddha (10%CBD/10%THC), then CBD Therapy (10%CBD/>1%THC) and finally Pakistan Valley (21%THC/CBD unknown). She told me that maybe she found a slight relief from back pain with the latter, but no more. Which left me wondering.

Prior to give her the olive oil extraction, I myself took 3 drops of the oil made with Pakistan valley, just to taste it, and 2 hours later I felt the onset of a mild psychoactive effect (which I am not fond of).

-2) Spreading the herb into a terra cotta dish (for an even temperature from start to finish, monitored with an oven probe I bought from Amazon)

-6) Placing both the decarbed herb and 50ml olive oil in a saucepan and proceeding for the actual extraction, using the double boiler method (water) for 2 hours

Unfortunately I do not live in an area of the world giving access to private individuals to cannabis lab testing…

For your decarb, I would go with 230F for 110 minutes. This is the "sweet spot" for getting the maximum out of your herb. The other thing that will make a HUGE difference in your oil, is adding 1T of sunflower Lecithin / cup of oil. It will increase the bioavailability of your oil dramatically. :circle-of-love::peace:

I have not seen much progression in my symptoms since I was diagnosed 5 years ago . I started cannabis within the first year and so far so good.

Have experimented with many different delivery modes. Smoking/vaping/ CCO tacking, edibles, and infused oils. I am currently helping myself and 2 others with MS and several people (including my wife) for pain. We also treated my wife's Lyme disease with CCO. That got rid of it even after 4 rounds of doxyicycline failed. I have a CBD infused olive oil that is helping with arthritis pain in her hip.

I also have a friend with a form of Parkinson's disease and she is helped with blended concentrates. She has also done well with 2:1 THC/CBD. You can either try to find a strain with that percentage (not many out there...Medicann's Blue Blood comes to mind) but you can blend your own together.

For fast onset, vaping (or smoking) will get the meds into the system fast, but not always in the amounts you might need. Here is what works for me:

I use infuse olive oil made with sativa dom strains for daytime. I also have olive oil for night time made with indica dom. This helps for sleep. I won't lie, I enjoy relaxing after work so I don't mind smoking, but for longer lasting effect, you need the infused oils or cco. My one friend I help, prefers coconut oil. The other person I make brownies for and he uses them for sleep.

The advantage of the olive oil infusion, is it is easier to make then the cco, I for myself and (especially the people with pain) it is easier to micro dose. Most people can't be going to work impaired. Micro dosing allows you to find the right dose that alleviates the pain with out the impairment. One of my friends has gone from 100mg oxi per day and replaced it with 1/4t infused oil 3x per day and is only taking 20mg of oxy at night. Her goal is to get off that too.

As for me, It helps with the pain and allows me to sleep well.

Each person is an individual and will have slightly different needs and effects. You will need to find the right dose with a little trial and error to find the correct dose.

Sorry if I rambled bit there. Let me know if there is something more specific I can answer.:circle-of-love::peace:

No worries. YouÂ're not rambling, in fact I need to hear/read about others and their struggle with different ailments. What they take, how they take it and what relief they find with it.

As I told Oldbear, so far the olive oil extractions IÂ've made did not help my sister in any way. This is why I am considering resorting to CCO. I may be wrong but I told myself that she may need something more concentrated than olive oil extractions. Despite that I canÂ't help thinking that if olive oil extractions do not work, CCO may not work as well.

I have to acknowledge that for the time being I am a bit lost as to what I should do next.

However being surrounded by people like you, here, on 420 Magazine, I am sure will help.

Thank you for everything you do.

For your decarb, I would go with 230F for 110 minutes. This is the "sweet spot" for getting the maximum out of your herb. The other thing that will make a HUGE difference in your oil, is adding 1T of sunflower Lecithin / cup of oil. It will increase the bioavailability of your oil dramatically. :circle-of-love::peace:

Thank you for the info.

Can you just clarify when you say : -“ 1T of sunflower lecithine”. What is 1T ?

I have to go to bed, time has come or tomorrow morning I will have trouble getting up and go to work.

Again, Thank you for everything you did. See you next time.

Take care.

Thank you for the info.

Can you just clarify when you say : -“ 1T of sunflower lecithine”. What is 1T ?

I have to go to bed, time has come or tomorrow morning I will have trouble getting up and go to work.

Again, Thank you for everything you did. See you next time.

Take care.

Sorry. That would be 1 Tablespoon per cup of oil.:circle-of-love::peace:

There are a lot of variables in play.

No way to know whats in your herb as it sits without a lab test.
No reason to think your method failed - perhaps a little hot and a little long - but people have done this for a long time..

What I suggest is you stay with the 50 50 solution, and increase the dose from what you gave before. Assess result and change dose and or frequency accordingly.

When you say 'did not respond' - what happened, and what was her and your expectation?

Unfortunately I do not live in an area of the world giving access to private individuals to cannabis lab testing...

There are a lot of variables in play.

No way to know whats in your herb as it sits without a lab test.
No reason to think your method failed - perhaps a little hot and a little long - but people have done this for a long time..

What I suggest is you stay with the 50 50 solution, and increase the dose from what you gave before. Assess result and change dose and or frequency accordingly.

When you say 'did not respond' - what happened, and what was her and your expectation?

Hello Oldbear,

When I said : - "she did not respond". I mean that basically nothing happened. It did not help in any way.

She didn't know exactly what to expect, but since cannabis is said to have anti pain and spasticity easing properties, she decided it was worth giving it a try.

But we're just beginning and it's a bit like shooting in the dark. We won't be giving up until we find the right blend, dosage and frequency .

I have to be honest and say that the absence of results is shaking the belief I had in my decarbing process (I wish I could have it tested...).

The decarbing method I used is more or less based on GW pharmaceuticals' patent.

Extraction of pharmaceutically active components from plant materials - GW Pharma Limited

This is what is says for an oven decarb :

Chemovar producing primarily CBD is 1 hour at 120° C. or 0.5 hour at 140° C.
Chemovar producing primarily THC to minimise CBN formation, is 1 to 2 hours at 105° C. or 1 hour at 120° C".

I've read a comment of someone that used this method then had his batch analyzed (link below). And it seems to have yielded great results in terms of decarboxylation.

Clearing the Air - Cannabis and Decarboxylation - CAT Scientific Equipment

I then found a chart issued by Green Style Analytics that seemed to more or less corroborate this.

(this is the link to the chart just in case... How to Decarboxylate Cannabis - Green Style Analytics)

However, I don't know how reliable all this is. Anyway...

You suggest I decarb the herb in an oven at 230°F for 110 minutes (this what I am going to do next time). Then, what method should I use to proceed to the actual olive oil extraction of the decarbed herb ? What would your advice be ?

I have another question regarding cannabis concentrated oil. How do you properly decarb a CCO made with a 1:1 THC/CBD strain, using the (oil bath) double boiler method ?

For according to the knowledge I've gained from 420 Magazine, a high THC CCO is done decarbed right after the big bubbles stop, and for high CBD CCO the decarb is complete when the bubbles have completely stopped. What is the sweet spot for a 1 to 1 strain ?

Thanks for your time and advice.

Hello Oldbear,

When I said : - “she did not respond”. I mean that basically nothing happened. It did not help in any way.

She didn’t know exactly what to expect, but since cannabis is said to have anti pain and spasticity easing properties, she decided it was worth giving it a try.

But we’re just beginning and it’s a bit like shooting in the dark. We won’t be giving up until we find the right blend, dosage and frequency .

I have to be honest and say that the absence of results is shaking the belief I had in my decarbing process (I wish I could have it tested…).

The decarbing method I used is more or less based on GW pharmaceuticals’ patent.

Extraction of pharmaceutically active components from plant materials - GW Pharma Limited

I’ve read a comment of someone that used this method then had his batch analyzed (link below). And it seems to have yielded great results in terms of decarboxylation.

I then found a chart issued by Green Style Analytics that seemed to more or less corroborate this.

(this is the link to the chart just in case... How to Decarboxylate Cannabis - Green Style Analytics)

However, I don’t know how reliable all this is. Anyway…

You suggest I decarb the herb in an oven at 230°F for 110 minutes (this what I am going to do next time). Then, what method should I use to proceed to the actual olive oil extraction of the decarbed herb ? What would your advice be ?

I have another question regarding cannabis concentrated oil. How do you properly decarb a CCO made with a 1:1 THC/CBD strain, using the (oil bath) double boiler method ?

For according to the knowledge I’ve gained from 420 Magazine, a high THC CCO is done decarbed right after the big bubbles stop, and for high CBD CCO the decarb is complete when the bubbles have completely stopped. What is the sweet spot for a 1 to 1 strain ?

You can play with the strength, but here is what I do. I use 1g / oz of oil...so 1 cup (8oz) + 8g. As I said, I decarb @ 230 for 110 minutes. This (if I am not mistaken) came from Dutch research, although, SweetSue sort of re-discovered it by accident. I put my herb in an oven roasting bag. This keeps the smell of decarbing cannabis to a minimum. I crush it up well in the bag after decarb then add to an oven safe dish with the oil. I mix the Sun Flower Lecithin into the oil then add the cannabis. I put it all in the oven @200 for 4 1/2 hours. Then I strain it and you are done. The nice thing about this, is you can make small amounts, 2oz or 4oz of oil, and see how it works without a huge "waste" of supplies during your trial and error. :circle-of-love::peace:

Hi Baya, welcome!

When I decarb 1:1 strains I focus on THC. If THC is fully decarbed then so is CBD and there is relatively little degradation if you keep temps below 120C/245F. You can try the oil bath again and double check for complete decarb without harming the oil noticeably. I know you decarbed in oven first, but it couldn't hurt to check by heating to 120 in oil bath. There will be very few bubbles in an infused oil so you have to look closer to see any.

7 gr in 50 ml is not a particularly strong oil, so may need to try higher doses. Spinal pain needs stronger medicine as you know. I would try a high THC strain. CBD helped heal my peripheral neuropathy over time, but at first it actually made my pain worse. Start with THC and add CBD as she finds relief.

On a day that you don't need to do anything else I would have her take 1 ml every hour until she feels relief. My guess is that the effective dose for her may cause uncomfortable psycho-activity. If she takes doses as suppository capsules it will minimize this by avoiding the liver. Link below on how to take suppository is intended to remove stigma of that method more than provide how-to but should help.
How to take a CCO capsule suppository

Going forward you may need to process as CCO instead of infused oils to get concentration strong enough to be effective in single dose. [edit: just saw Groomer's post. Liquid sunflower lecithin is a game changer, how could I forget to mention that!)

And as for your first harvest, not bad at all. My first grow was only 1/2 oz per sf, but it was still potent enough to beat my cancer. A couple grows later I got 1.5 oz. per sf. You'll get a feel for this quickly.
:Namaste:

Baya my experience is limited to extractions using edible oils. Ive done a lot of these but haven't tried many other methods. I only use 50 50 strains.

I do the decarb and extraction all in one step at the time and temperature above . The theory is that less cannabinoids and terpenes get wasted (evaporated / burned off) when its soaked in oil. There is no single best way.

Recommend you use your 50 50 solution and slowly increase volume, and shorten timeframe until the effects are noticeable. You are starting this the exact correct way imo - using a mild solution and slowly building up the intake.

Describing a good reaction to cannabis is difficult. Ive explained it as a gentle sensation spreading through the body, that brings comfort, relaxation, and well being.

The pain relief desired might well be at a level of cannabinoids that makes her uncomfortable at the beginning so you need to build up slowly.

Hello Oldbear,

When I said : - “she did not respond”. I mean that basically nothing happened. It did not help in any way.

She didn’t know exactly what to expect, but since cannabis is said to have anti pain and spasticity easing properties, she decided it was worth giving it a try.

But we’re just beginning and it’s a bit like shooting in the dark. We won’t be giving up until we find the right blend, dosage and frequency .

I have to be honest and say that the absence of results is shaking the belief I had in my decarbing process (I wish I could have it tested…).

The decarbing method I used is more or less based on GW pharmaceuticals’ patent.

I’ve read a comment of someone that used this method then had his batch analyzed (link below). And it seems to have yielded great results in terms of decarboxylation.

However, I don’t know how reliable all this is. Anyway…

For according to the knowledge I’ve gained from 420 Magazine, a high THC CCO is done decarbed right after the big bubbles stop, and for high CBD CCO the decarb is complete when the bubbles have completely stopped. What is the sweet spot for a 1 to 1 strain ?

Welcome Baya. :hug: I wouldn't question your methods so soon.

What this tells me is she needs more THC. Might I make a suggestion? The Medical Buddha is an excellent starting point. She already said she felt no relief, but like Oldbear I'd like a clarification on what expectations were. A few different oils in a couple weeks sounds like none were given much chance. Much of the discomfort she lives with is caused by inflammation, and it can take time for CBD to get that work under control in a seriously imbalanced system. Many times you won't feel what CBD is doing until you stop taking it.

I'd try a 75/25 mix of the Medical Buddha and the Pakastan Valley and see what that does for her. Give the oil a week before increasing the amount of Pakistan Valley. My sense is that somewhere in there is her sweet spot for pain relief, as well as many of the other symptoms. I like to start with a 2:1 mix of CBD to THC and then toggle both up to increase THC as needed, but trying to keep them close to the same balance.

@ Oldbear

@ Dave Groomer

@ KingstonRabbi

@ SweetSue

Hello all,

I'd like to begin this post by telling you that I sure lack the words to convey how thankful I am for all your inputs. They made me feel a warm sensation and my eyes went wet. If it were possible I would hug all of you in person. Selfless is a hard to find gem these days, and 420 Magazine seems to be the place where it hides :) .

Each one of your posts made me realize that I have forgotten at least 2 critical points, namely TIME & THC/CBD BUILD UP in the body.

Foolishly enough, I was convinced that marijuana's medical benefits would show up at the first intake. I am the only one to blame. I've heard, seen and read so many things about cannabis' potent medicinal powers, that I had the firm belief it would act much like a magic bullet. Stupid me, oh YES I am!

I am going to drop by my sister to bring her the knowledge you gave me. And starting from this, we will reconsider dosage and frequency of her cannabis treatment. Of course, she will decide what is best for her. I am just a vector.

I will keep you informed in the weeks ahead.

Again, I can't thank all of you enough for your warmth, assistance and the shared knowledge. :thanks:

PS : I will continue digging the treasure trove that 420 Magazine is.

Oh, I forgot one thing. I am a bit of a stubborn person and this is why I am going to ask this question for the 3rd time :

How do I know when a CCO made with a 1 to 1 strain is done decarb using the (oil bath) double boiler method ?

Hi Baya,
answer: same as for high THC strain, when the bubbles stop. CBD decarbs slower than THC (I admit I had that part backwards in last reply) but still produces bubbles until it's done. THC does not degrade fast enough at lower temps below 120C to be a problem waiting for the CBD to finish (that part I had correct).

Back
Top Bottom