How to save plant for re-veg after harvest

rocks911

I am at the end of my first grow and have a few plants I want to keep and re-veg.

I had two strains, White Widow and bag seeds. The bag seeds I grew in small terracotta pots. I didnt worry too much about pot size as I didnt think the whole experiment of growing would even pan out, but clearly I was wrong. So I grew the bag seeds in small pots and the WW in 3 gallon cloth pots. The results? I want desperately to save the bag seed plants!

Remarkably the bag seed plants in the tiny pots just killed it while the WW did admirably.

I fed the plants General Hydroponics Bloom as recently as five days ago so I suppose I should begin by flushing these girls?
Then get them under 16/8 light?

When to up-pot?

You want to put them under 18/6 lighting, not 16/8.
I would pot them into larger fabric, or plastic pots asap. Ceramic pots make it hard to water correctly because they give a false sense of water weight when lifting them to see if they are ready for more water.
...and yes. Flush them of the bloom nutes. As 1ne eye already mentioned it would be best to take cuttings and clone rather than try to reveg a harvested plant but with patience this should work as well...

Late response but I successfully revegged 2 harvested plants from about 12th of July. I’m actually trying to do 3 but one isn’t responding too well (C99 Female Seeds) to the process. I harvested from a tent grow and just threw them outside into the sun wondering if they could. Here are pics as of today of my Gelat.OG From Seedsman(1st pic) and Black Domina from Sensi Seeds(2nd) A little deficiency problem with my Gelat.OG but my Black Domina is showing no real problems and stands 24” tall (only grew a foot when I had it in my tent Quadline attempt)

9C2530FE-FB4B-4827-93F5-410FAB83730F.jpeg
FBAD8F8F-8E10-4541-9A76-23A937C206E6.jpeg

Looking good!

Unfortunately, if I threw mine outside they would turn to dust by days end. I have tried three times to successfully clone and I cant even come close, the plants are dead long before they show any root activity at all. I have CloneX Gel and powder, I have tried putting cuttings in a glass of water and they died long before rooting. I have tried Rapid Rooter plugs both with and without rooting gel/powder and the cuttings died in record time with the plugs.
I have a seedling mat and a humidity dome, I have all the stuff needed but just cant make a go of it.
The climate where I am is not at all conducive to supporting clones. That means I have to maintain an artificial environment 24x7 and I am not able to do that. Its either too humid or not humid enough and always in flux, so Im not too good at this.
Just last night I took two cuttings from a water glass that had survived two weeks in water and put them in Rapid Rooter plugs under the dome on the seedling mat and this morning they are crispy critters.

I have to laugh at all the people who say cloning is so easy, if I didnt laugh I'd cry. Not an option in my world.

Looking good!

Unfortunately, if I threw mine outside they would turn to dust by days end. I have tried three times to successfully clone and I cant even come close, the plants are dead long before they show any root activity at all. I have CloneX Gel and powder, I have tried putting cuttings in a glass of water and they died long before rooting. I have tried Rapid Rooter plugs both with and without rooting gel/powder and the cuttings died in record time with the plugs.
I have a seedling mat and a humidity dome, I have all the stuff needed but just cant make a go of it.
The climate where I am is not at all conducive to supporting clones. That means I have to maintain an artificial environment 24x7 and I am not able to do that. Its either too humid or not humid enough and always in flux, so Im not too good at this.
Just last night I took two cuttings from a water glass that had survived two weeks in water and put them in Rapid Rooter plugs under the dome on the seedling mat and this morning they are crispy critters.

I have to laugh at all the people who say cloning is so easy, if I didnt laugh I'd cry. Not an option in my world.
Oh, I know the feeling on all of that. The only thing I have not tried is a heating mat. Planning on getting one this winter.

I have settled on putting the clones in a mix of perlite and vermiculite with approx 25% peat which has a touch of compost added. I will put the clones in the mix and baby them along. One fourth of them are done for in a week and another one fourth gone in the next week. Now with half of them still alive I am ready but will loose those in the next week or so.

But, now and then one or two survive. If they make it to the four week mark there is a 90% chance that they have roots. If I see new growth at the 3 week mark then I often know that the particular clone is on a roll. I have several that are showing new growth and are 4 weeks old right now and will be transplanting later today.

I sympathize with your attempts at cloning. Just keep trying and eventually something has to click.

Re-Veg is easy. I cut everything off the plant except for a few small branches. Some people leave a few leaves also. After that just start feeding & watering with week 1 nutes. In 2 - 3 weeks you'll see growth & by the end you'll have a big ass plant. Here's pics of a Fire OG I re-vegged. I only leave about 10" - 12" of branches & cut everything else off.
GEDC4447.JPG
GEDC4450.JPG
GEDC4451.JPG

Looking good!

Thank God I'm not the only one

When I've used Clonex I would dip the cut end in it & put it right in a solo cup of Fox Farms Happy Frog. Then I put a Clear solo cup over it for the Humidity. Never used a heat mat. Just put them in the tent. The old leaves usually die but new ones start growing again. It takes about 2 weeks before they start looking good again.

Back
Top Bottom