HPS - LED - CFL- AIS - Air Injection System - BB - WW - C99

Re: HPS - LED - CFL- AIS (Air Injection System) - BB - WW - C99

Don't need someone with tons of expierence to answer that dude. Do you have a cal or mg def? Then why in the hell would you try to fix something that isn't broken? Lol
Do you use r/o water? If not your tap water and nutrients contain enough cal/mag. If you switch to r/o your stripping the water of everything so then you have to add back what's missing. Is why most people use a calmag, or to correct.
I use molasses and calmag, only used my cal mag a few times when I was doing dwc with r/o water.

As for switching, I would still use molasses even if you incorporate cal/mag supplement, because of what it does feeding the bacteria and aroma. But like I strongly stand by in growing is if it ain't broke don't try to preemptive solve non existing problems lol

Here is a great tip. Go to any pet smart and they will do a free chemical analysis of your water. Say you keep fish. Helps figure out where exactly you are starting. How much cal and mag + what other shit is in there. Not sure if they do it in USA but they do here. Another option up here but not free is to drop off water samples at the hospitals lab. Our city offers it for $40.

Hope that answers your question. If not I might have totally missed what you were asking,

*takes a toke
Ain't that some shiiit.

Cheers lol

Don't need someone with tons of expierence to answer that dude. Do you have a cal or mg def? Then why in the hell would you try to fix something that isn't broken? Lol
Do you use r/o water? If not your tap water and nutrients contain enough cal/mag. If you switch to r/o your stripping the water of everything so then you have to add back what's missing. Is why most people use a calmag, or to correct.
I use molasses and calmag, only used my cal mag a few times when I was doing dwc with r/o water.

As for switching, I would still use molasses even if you incorporate cal/mag supplement, because of what it does feeding the bacteria and aroma. But like I strongly stand by in growing is if it ain't broke don't try to preemptive solve non existing problems lol

Here is a great tip. Go to any pet smart and they will do a free chemical analysis of your water. Say you keep fish. Helps figure out where exactly you are starting. How much cal and mag + what other shit is in there. Not sure if they do it in USA but they do here. Another option up here but not free is to drop off water samples at the hospitals lab. Our city offers it for $40.

Hope that answers your question. If not I might have totally missed what you were asking,

*takes a toke
Ain't that some shiiit.

Cheers lol

I have well water. I will take a water sample into the store and see with it filtered with a brita. I always filter it so it lowers the ph a bit. its 7 when not filtered and 6.7 filtered i cant figure out why it lowers it a bit. but i want it lower anyway. then my nutes take it to 6.5 well the new nutes i have to test i know i forgot to do something lol.

Well from being into fish keeping for 15 years I can answer this one easily!
Its not your pH dropping, its stabilized and buffered from the charcoal filter. I bet if u let the same well tap water sit 24 hours aerated it will drop. The breta just speeds up the process, and cleans the fuck out of the water taking larger particulates out. Got a TDs meeter? EBay under $10, they work fine, electric conductivity is very inexpensive to read.
And helps take a lot out of the guessing game.

Funny you say that. I was wondering something similar about a month ago and my wife decided she didn't want to buy bottled water anymore, so now I have a few quart milk jugs I've cleaned out and she uses my RO water now for tea, coffee and regular drinking water. I'm still using it in my grows too though.

Funny you say that. I was wondering something similar about a month ago and my wife decided she didn't want to buy bottled water anymore, so now I have a few quart milk jugs I've cleaned out and she uses my RO water now for tea, coffee and regular drinking water. I'm still using it in my grows too though.
R/o water isn't healthy to consume. Was told this long time ago by a water chemist. Google it no bs. Also it can damage the lining in your stomach. I won't link any sites or articles directly, as it is still a sort of debated topic.
Caused me to develop acid reflux. Once I stopped drinking r/o, a year later it went away.

Cheers.

Makes sense; the frig/freezer is a dehumidifier.

R/o water isn't healthy to consume. Was told this long time ago by a water chemist. Google it no bs. Also it can damage the lining in your stomach. I won't link any sites or articles directly, as it is still a sort of debated topic.
Caused me to develop acid reflux. Once I stopped drinking r/o, a year later it went away.

Cheers.
Some RO systems replace the minerals you need. You need to determine this before you drink it.

I enjoy a good q and a, espically with people like yourself that don't take questions as personal attacks, I'm just curious is all.

Sorry for all the questions.

Cheers

Me too bro! I feel like I accidentally offend people so easily just by asking questions. Somehow in text form I am misunderstood quite frequently.
Peace, love and understanding to all my friends in weed

Me too bro! I feel like I accidentally offend people so easily just by asking questions. Somehow in text form I am misunderstood quite frequently.
Peace, love and understanding to all my friends in weed

Lol I know, words in my head and that come out of my mouth or hands don't always match.

Good thing DC is easy going or I would have offended him by now lol I don't mean to by no means.

Off to put my new drip pan in!

Some RO systems replace the minerals you need. You need to determine this before you drink it.

Really? I've never seen them before. I own 2 r/o systems, one for salt water aquariums and one for my freshwater. I would be interested in buying one sometime down the road, that replaces minerals and changes the water molecules back from the acidic pH range.

Got a link?

Well, I took heed and came home and tempered all of the water in the jugs set aside for drinking. I looked into trace mineral replacements, but that's too dodgy right now (i.e. inconsistent), so I added a few cups of tap water to each jug, mixed and recapped. I will smell, taste and test for TDS tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up on that one guys.

I have not tried it on bud, but am fermiliar with how the freeze drying process is done. I just assume that it pretty much translates into buds as it would work with any other item you'd want to freeze dry.

Also to add to the microwave water, its cool for your tea analogy, but don't water your plants with microwaved water. Unless you like deformed plants...

Also to add to the microwave water, its cool for your tea analogy, but don't water your plants with microwaved water. Unless you like deformed plants...

Lol and back to boiling roots topic I see. Or did you mean from radiation or something?

I meant more or less that the waters molecular structure is changed by the microwave. Water even cooled to room temp will do some crazy things to a plant, wasn't referring to boiling nessesarily. And its not really radiation either, its more a change of the molecular structure in the water. There have been many studies done on this with surprising results. Many other countries have outlawed microwaves due to their negative impact. Google it, you'll be surprised with what you find.

I meant more or less that the waters molecular structure is changed by the microwave. Water even cooled to room temp will do some crazy things to a plant, wasn't referring to boiling nessesarily. And its not really radiation either, its more a change of the molecular structure in the water. There have been many studies done on this with surprising results. Many other countries have outlawed microwaves due to their negative impact. Google it, you'll be surprised with what you find.

I did Google right after I read that, just for curiosity until you replied. I Didn't know that, good thing I have no reason to boil water in the microwave. But damn good to know.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom