Humble hello

GreenGenez

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum world, but not so new to cultivating. I have a tad over 10 years of grows under my belt, but am looking forward to learning new styles and making good friends. I am a very strict grower using ONLY VEGANIC methods. Currently I'm in a homemade soil-less media of coco and peat. Lots of other goodies too, but for the purpose of introductions, I'll be very brief, and save the juicy for journaling. Have a great day

Welcome GreenGenez to 420 magazine. Looking forward to a journal! Below on my post is a helpful link for new members .
Thanks for the welcome.
I too am a fan of white widow. I have one that just sprouted a few days ago. I'll definately be visiting those links!

GreenGenez welcome to 420 forums, I hope you find it as friendly and helpful as I have. I so look forward to a journal & 100% in finding out how you handle nutrients growing in your medium. I have just a couple of grows in but prefer thus far using coco coir & have tried only two methods for nutes & what exactly is veganic methods. I have enough nutes for at least one more grow but really would like to get alternative methods to feed my girls.

Very much looking forward to following any journal you will do. I know the cost of bottled fertilizers is probably more than it needs to be & I would prefer to know as much as possible what I am feeding my garden with.

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum world, but not so new to cultivating. I have a tad over 10 years of grows under my belt, but am looking forward to learning new styles and making good friends. I am a very strict grower using ONLY VEGANIC methods. Currently I'm in a homemade soil-less media of coco and peat. Lots of other goodies too, but for the purpose of introductions, I'll be very brief, and save the juicy for journaling. Have a great day
:welcome: Hi @GreenGenez and welcome to the forum!
I am always curious to learn new growing methods, and you used a word I have not heard before. Can you please explain what it means to use only Veganic methods? I too look forward to a journal from you so as to hear the juicy stuff.
:ganjamon:

Well when I refer to veganic gardening I mean essentially organic. Organic can be bone meal, also blood meal and guanos. I don't use any of it and I refuse to do so, this is what separates organic from veganic.
Instead I prefer to use meals a various kinds, kelp, cottonseed, alfalfa, brewer's yeast, homemade biochar, glacial rock dust, b vitamins and enzymes. I love using aloe vera for foliars and as root drenches. I also use alot of yucca root powders in my soil or AACT, for the purpose of a surfactant as well as the drought tolerance it gives. Also I use worm castings religiously that I farm at home. I make my own fertilizer from specific veggis that I grow in the summer via fermentation and I also manufacture my own EM1. I'm a big fan of phototropic bacteria and insist on using it for everything I grow. These bacteria are very unique because they use much wider spectrum of light than what plants can. By innoculating your plants with them, your plants now can use wavelengths of light they never could before.
One last thing, I use bokashi over traditional compost. Bokashi is fermented compost, but instead of the traditional masses of microbe, I rely on lacto. Bacillus to "pre chew" the food scraps. This allows me to compost under the kitchen sink and not have to worry about molds and bugs that would normally be attracted to such a buffet.
The fermented scraps then are feed to my worm farm or I make small piles under the straw I mulch my 40 gallon fabric pots with. The worms that are in my soil love it!

Well when I refer to veganic gardening I mean essentially organic. Organic can be bone meal, also blood meal and guanos. I don't use any of it and I refuse to do so, this is what separates organic from veganic.
Instead I prefer to use meals a various kinds, kelp, cottonseed, alfalfa, brewer's yeast, homemade biochar, glacial rock dust, b vitamins and enzymes. I love using aloe vera for foliars and as root drenches. I also use alot of yucca root powders in my soil or AACT, for the purpose of a surfactant as well as the drought tolerance it gives. Also I use worm castings religiously that I farm at home. I make my own fertilizer from specific veggis that I grow in the summer via fermentation and I also manufacture my own EM1. I'm a big fan of phototropic bacteria and insist on using it for everything I grow. These bacteria are very unique because they use much wider spectrum of light than what plants can. By innoculating your plants with them, your plants now can use wavelengths of light they never could before.
One last thing, I use bokashi over traditional compost. Bokashi is fermented compost, but instead of the traditional masses of microbe, I rely on lacto. Bacillus to "pre chew" the food scraps. This allows me to compost under the kitchen sink and not have to worry about molds and bugs that would normally be attracted to such a buffet.
The fermented scraps then are feed to my worm farm or I make small piles under the straw I mulch my 40 gallon fabric pots with. The worms that are in my soil love it!
This is fascinating and I am glad I asked! You and I have very similar methods and theories, yet so different too. You have also hit on a topic that I have not written yet about, the use of many of the other divergent bacteria that live in nature around us, and I would love to hear about your work with the phototropic bacteria. I put cultures out on the forest floor and collect various colored specimens of bacteria, and as long as they are not black, I collect and use the reds, blues, purples and all the other unique things that nature has growing around us, and I add them in with my teas. I also do a lot of work with lacto, using it all around the place actually, but in the garden it is a very powerful inoculant and growth invigorator, as well as being very handy to break down fish and other organics into their basic elements, remove alcohol from fermentations and to eliminate smells of all kinds. Speaking of fermentations, one of my main go to natural nutrients that I add to my organic grows is my various fermentations of dandelions, and I have further refined this to now being able to use a fermentation of the blooms to increase bud production, fermentations of the roots to produce incredible root growth, and fermentations of the leaves to produce one of the strongest natural fertilizers that can be produced. I invite you to check out some of my tutorials in these subjects as well as some of my natural organic grows. I do it a little differently than you, but I think that we must be achieving a lot of the same results. I greatly look forward to watching you develop a journal, and maybe some tutorials of your own! Welcome again to the community!

This is fascinating and I am glad I asked! You and I have very similar methods and theories, yet so different too. You have also hit on a topic that I have not written yet about, the use of many of the other divergent bacteria that live in nature around us, and I would love to hear about your work with the phototropic bacteria. I put cultures out on the forest floor and collect various colored specimens of bacteria, and as long as they are not black, I collect and use the reds, blues, purples and all the other unique things that nature has growing around us, and I add them in with my teas. I also do a lot of work with lacto, using it all around the place actually, but in the garden it is a very powerful inoculant and growth invigorator, as well as being very handy to break down fish and other organics into their basic elements, remove alcohol from fermentations and to eliminate smells of all kinds. Speaking of fermentations, one of my main go to natural nutrients that I add to my organic grows is my various fermentations of dandelions, and I have further refined this to now being able to use a fermentation of the blooms to increase bud production, fermentations of the roots to produce incredible root growth, and fermentations of the leaves to produce one of the strongest natural fertilizers that can be produced. I invite you to check out some of my tutorials in these subjects as well as some of my natural organic grows. I do it a little differently than you, but I think that we must be achieving a lot of the same results. I greatly look forward to watching you develop a journal, and maybe some tutorials of your own! Welcome again to the community!
Thank you very much for the warm welcome.
I completely agree, we both have very similar styles, slightly different, but fundamentally same.
I've haven't made any extract using dandelions, I'll have to collect them in the coming springtime. Lol, I have soo many in the lawn it damn near turn solid yellow for weeks.

Welcome.

Thanks so much for more info & clarification. It would be awesome if you or others I see replying in kind could put some pointers to implementing such practices. Can't speak for other growers but I am mostly on overload for time and reading.

The hours and hours I spend researching cultivation are endless, any quick start type guides anyone may have would be so appreciated by me and I am certain many other members of the site.

I get that everyone else also doesn't have unlimited time to document & post primers. I am only recently painfully aware let's even say WOKE to the crap in our water, food, & now I am even more concerned about how I feed me plants.

The concern of heavy metals has special importance to me, I already have 4 implanted joints in my body 2 metal on metal hip implants. At the time when I really researched the hell out of possible implants my thought was a little metal might get in my system? What's the biggie...FF to 20 years post first hip replacement now I am hyper aware of the dangers. Also aware of the (IMNSHO) almost meaningless FDA approvals of devices and drugs they pass with boatloads of "loop holes" grandfathering in new drugs & implants either because a given patent runs out or they figured a way to market to a newer demographic.

The irony well perhaps not ironic in this room, is I only became aware since my return to cannabis use in my life. It allows and even forces me to PAY ATTENTION to many tings I would not even have an afterthought about before. Also I have a friend from Germany and he has educated me about European restrictions on food and anything that their populations ingest or use to prepare products for consumption.

I am working at getting back to my whole food plant based diet and lifestyle after allowing "cheats" which always get out of control for me. I have learned so much about cannabis and want as clean a product as I can produce. I also want better quality and yields. But for now whatever I can do to keep poisons out of my grows I am all in.

My hope is to be able to at least feed myself and my family as well ultimately with our own grown foods so I know they are nutrient rich with the least amount of toxins as possible. It has become a rabbit hole in a sense which is why I ask anyone that has some DIY starters to please donate some time or point those of us like minded members with some high level starter links. I would be forever grateful!

Organization is far from my strong suit which is why no grow journals yet. I just began prepping for my winter grow but just organizing my grow space is a bit of a challenge at the moment. But I am doing a bit each week hopefully to have all somewhat together in the next week or two.

Thx again

Back
Top Bottom