Hydro Blue Cheese - Hydro Lemon Kush Headband

H2OCOGROW

Howdy!

This is my first post and I am excited to become apart of the online growing community. I am a Colorado grower for personal and medicinal purposes. Up until this point, I have collaborated with many local growers here in Colorado. However, I believe it is in my best interest to gain more perspectives than just Colorado growers in order to be the best grower I can be. Although I am very familiar with these forums (I have done a lot of research over the years), I am happy to be at a point where I can share my findings in addition to receive support from growers more experienced than myself.

I have grown hydroponics and dirt on and off for the past five years. When I decided I no longer wanted to rely on other people to provide me with quality cannabis, I took growing into my own hands. I have now had a consistent hydroponic grow cycle (deep water culture) happening for a little over a year-and-a-half, and am finding that every grow gets better. I keep a journal for every grow and note every thing I do, including plant reactions and deficiencies.

I wanted to share my current grow and some of my documentations. Please note that I am confined as far as space goes and I am well aware that I vegged waaay too long for this grow (my plants are huge for the grow space, vegged for six weeks from seed). At this point, I am working with what I have :)

I am running the following setup:
32" x 32" x 60" grow tent
600 watt MH/HPS with dimable electronic ballast
6" 450 CFM inline fan
6" carbon filter
5 gallon DWC reservoir with draining system
Two air stones per reservoir
One water pump per reservoir

Nutrients:
Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow
Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Bloom
Botanicare Liquid Karma
Botanicare Pure Blend Tea
Botanicare Sweet Raw
General Organics Cal Mag Plus

A fluctuation between 70 - 80 degrees Fahrenheit last recorded in tent. HPS currently at 75% power. Total Dissolved Solids are currently around the 1100 mark at 5.8 - 6.0 pH.

Cannabis Seeds:
Barney's Farm -- Blue Cheese (DWC)
Humble Seed Organization -- Lemon Kush Headband (DWC)

From this point, the plants are in the middle of their fifth week of flower. Blue Cheese appears to be one week ahead of the Lemon Kush Headband. All water is tap water and never exceeds 150 ppm before nutrients.

Deep Water Culture water changes made easy:

What happens when you veg for 6 weeks . . .:

Blue Cheese in flower at mid week 5. Note that light stress can be mistaken for magnesium deficiency. However, it is in fact light stress; I am tapped out as far as height goes:

I will update this thread (with pictures) as my grow progresses throughout its final three to four weeks. I started Island Sweet Skunk and Pineapple Express for my next grow, but I will make a new thread for those. I look forward to discussing with you all!

Howdy!

This is my first post and I am excited to become apart of the online growing community. I am a Colorado grower for personal and medicinal purposes. Up until this point, I have collaborated with many local growers here in Colorado. However, I believe it is in my best interest to gain more perspectives than just Colorado growers in order to be the best grower I can be. Although I am very familiar with these forums (I have done a lot of research over the years), I am happy to be at a point where I can share my findings in addition to receive support from growers more experienced than myself.

I have grown hydroponics and dirt on and off for the past five years. When I decided I no longer wanted to rely on other people to provide me with quality cannabis, I took growing into my own hands. I have now had a consistent hydroponic grow cycle (deep water culture) happening for a little over a year-and-a-half, and am finding that every grow gets better. I keep a journal for every grow and note every thing I do, including plant reactions and deficiencies.

I wanted to share my current grow and some of my documentations. Please note that I am confined as far as space goes and I am well aware that I vegged waaay too long for this grow (my plants are huge for the grow space, vegged for six weeks from seed). At this point, I am working with what I have :)

I am running the following setup:
32" x 32" x 60" grow tent
600 watt MH/HPS with dimable electronic ballast
6" 450 CFM inline fan
6" carbon filter
5 gallon DWC reservoir with draining system
Two air stones per reservoir
One water pump per reservoir

Nutrients:
Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow
Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Bloom
Botanicare Liquid Karma
Botanicare Pure Blend Tea
Botanicare Sweet Raw
General Organics Cal Mag Plus

A fluctuation between 70 - 80 degrees Fahrenheit last recorded in tent. HPS currently at 75% power. Total Dissolved Solids are currently around the 1100 mark at 5.8 - 6.0 pH.

Cannabis Seeds:
Barney's Farm -- Blue Cheese (DWC)
Humble Seed Organization -- Lemon Kush Headband (DWC)

From this point, the plants are in the middle of their fifth week of flower. Blue Cheese appears to be one week ahead of the Lemon Kush Headband. All water is tap water and never exceeds 150 ppm before nutrients.

Deep Water Culture water changes made easy:

What happens when you veg for 6 weeks . . .:

Blue Cheese in flower at mid week 5. Note that light stress can be mistaken for magnesium deficiency. However, it is in fact light stress; I am tapped out as far as height goes:

I will update this thread (with pictures) as my grow progresses throughout its final three to four weeks. I started Island Sweet Skunk and Pineapple Express for my next grow, but I will make a new thread for those. I look forward to discussing with you all!

Lookin real good!!!

Whoops this wasn't in the auto forum! But man looks great!

Sent from my SM-N910V using 420

Thank you kind sir!
As you know, these are not autos. I messed around with autos in the past (before I took it seriously a little over a year ago), but found that I didn't really like them. I remember them having "a mind of their own." I could not control when they actually began flowering and because of this, they were literally 8 feet tall (I remember them close to three feet tall and still no hairs). Needless to say, it was an ongoing process of tying them down and training. I find by growing photoperiod plants, the grower is in complete control. If I want to veg for three weeks, I can do just that. If I want to complete a grow in exactly 12 weeks from seed, again, I can plan and grow to do just that. With photoperiod plants, you can technically get the plant to do whatever you want between nutrient changes (grow to bloom) and light changes (MH to HPS). I never experienced this with autos. I thank you again!

Here are a few more pics that I didn't have a chance to upload last night. The Lemon Kush Headband is in front, and the Blue Cheese at back.

IMG_318916.JPG

Blue Cheese ^^^

IMG_319316.JPG

IMG_319216.JPG

Photo without a polarized lens:

IMG_319019.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom