Hydro Coco Quasi Hempy Grow

Re: Bandit420's Hydro Coco A GoGo

Hey Bandit I missed 2 days and was 3 pages behind!

Girls are looking gorgeous. I'll be watching your coco grow with great interest. Take really good notes that even a complete moron could follow cause that would be me lol! :peace:

How many people do you employ?LOL Or do you have a secretary that you dictate to while you are fiddling with all this stuff?

Just the usual following along and loving all the cool stuff and grow developments.:hookah:

Didn't want to revert to being a total lurker.:popcorn:

Bandit,
My bad. Sisco nice piece. Bandit what size tent would be ideal for the turbo.

Nothing smaller than 3'x3'x5'. Even though the system is about 2.5' wide x 3' long you want some room on the sides because the plants will be bigger than the footprint of the system. You also want about 5' of height for plenty of head room :hookah:

Hey Bandit I missed 2 days and was 3 pages behind!

Girls are looking gorgeous. I'll be watching your coco grow with great interest. Take really good notes that even a complete moron could follow cause that would be me lol! :peace:
Thanks Buddy! If i'm too vague on something let me know and I'll try to clarify anything I have going on.

How many people do you employ?LOL Or do you have a secretary that you dictate to while you are fiddling with all this stuff?
No employees but I used the ez cloner on myself and now i have a few extra Bandits handling the heavy lifting ;)

Just the usual following along and loving all the cool stuff and grow developments.:hookah:

Didn't want to revert to being a total lurker.:popcorn:
Glad you stopped by Two Tokes!! I go into lurker mode too sometimes. Especially on those Hell Bound Hempies you're running...;)

Big day today...seedlings are going into the new coco mix today to sprout under the 4' t5ho.
I'm also finishing up the top feed watering system for the turbogarden. It's the same thing as the bloom cab system except the wand is much shorter and the pump turns on by remote control ;)
I also installed a foot pedal switch for the bloom cab watering system.

Today I'm also installing safety measures....
I found some fireproof power strips at Home Depot I'm going to install and I'm also installing two fire extinguishers as an insurance policy.

I've been reading up on this Il Diavolo strain and I think it might be an autoflower idk. Since I'm not certain that plant will probably be grown outdoors this Spring. I dont want it to have a chance at corrupting the rest of the garden if it decides to hermie and I miss it.
I also recieved a free bag of good lookin' soil to try out today. I'm going to move the OG Kush mamas outside and transplant them into this dirt. That will free up the mama tent just in case I decide to let a couple Blackwater plants turn it into a love shack and give me a bunch more Blackwater seeds.
Pics will come soon ;)

Big day today...seedlings are going into the new coco mix today to sprout under the 4' t5ho.
I'm also finishing up the top feed watering system for the turbogarden. It's the same thing as the bloom cab system except the wand is much shorter and the pump turns on by remote control ;)
I also installed a foot pedal switch for the bloom cab watering system.

Today I'm also installing safety measures....
I found some fireproof power strips at Home Depot I'm going to install and I'm also installing two fire extinguishers as an insurance policy.

I've been reading up on this Il Diavolo strain and I think it might be an autoflower idk. Since I'm not certain that plant will probably be grown outdoors this Spring. I dont want it to have a chance at corrupting the rest of the garden if it decides to hermie and I miss it.
I also recieved a free bag of good lookin' soil to try out today. I'm going to move the OG Kush mamas outside and transplant them into this dirt. That will free up the mama tent just in case I decide to let a couple Blackwater plants turn it into a love shack and give me a bunch more Blackwater seeds.
Pics will come soon ;)

Hey Bandit - sounds like some nice upgrades. Nice idea on the fire extinguisher and power strips.

Fire sucks ass.

Foot pedals! I gotta see this :popcorn: I hear you on the fire prevention. I popped a New Arc Fault Circuit Breakers in just for that reason. Need to do the rest of the house, but I do have a Fire Extinguisher hanging just for back up.

IMG_16793.JPG

The foot pedal pump switch. Now when I need to water I simply Hit The Gas! :Rasta:

Yep...Safety first!
My home is very old, built in '55, remodeled in '84 and then I've been remodeling off and on since '06. I had a new utilty drop installed a few years back and then I installed a single 50 amp gfci circuit to go into the grow room. But that circuit only handles the bloom cab, ac, and air control. The veg cab and mother ship which are almost 500 watts combined is on a 20 amp house circuit that is solid but you can never be too safe so I installed all the fire protection to that circuit. Looks good and reliable but I think I still want to install an arc proof outlet where it all plugs in.

There's something to be said about quality power strips too. These new fire proof strip from Casa De Depot are only $18 and they have 6 outlets.

IMG_16814.JPG

I also use two high quality steel Belkin strips from Home Depot that were $30 each and are rated for industrial use.

This next power strip is an el cheapo from walmart. I was being a cheap skate spending less than $5 for it but it damn near cost me a whole bunch more....

IMG_16803.JPG

The scorch marks on this strip were caused by another el cheapo product from walmart...a 5 watt air pump. Less than $10 of crappy gear nearly brought the operation to it's knees. Now y'all know why quality and well built gear is a must for me.
As humans we have this thing where we tell ourselves "oh that wont happen to me... I only have this and they have that and that's why they got burned." I used to think the same way until I saw that it could happen to me just as ez as the next guy.

The risk of losing a home and or life is just not worth a few saved dollars
:peacetwo:

couldn't agree more, thanks for posting about your almost disaster. Did that just develop and you noticed after awhile or was it a one time arcing type business?

I was doing checks about a month ago and noticed an air pump had quit. When I pulled the pump to replace it only then did I see that an arc had happened. I never saw, smelled, or heard anything...I was very lucky on that one.

Wow Bandit.. well glad the burning didnt go beyond what it did. thats really good news..

i love the pedal! I want to know more about that!!! I was trying to configure a way to turn water on an off when needed so i hooked a normal hose faucet knob to the top of the bucket. turn it on, or turn it off. but not as genius as the pedal. hows it working for you?!

5 stars for this grow. would give you rep but cant yet.

Wow Bandit.. well glad the burning didnt go beyond what it did. thats really good news..

i love the pedal! I want to know more about that!!! I was trying to configure a way to turn water on an off when needed so i hooked a normal hose faucet knob to the top of the bucket. turn it on, or turn it off. but not as genius as the pedal. hows it working for you?!

5 stars for this grow. would give you rep but cant yet.

Thanks Bro!
The pedal is pretty cool. Makes it ez so I dont have to reach to plug in the pump or anything and it keeps my hands free.
I found it at Harbor Freight and it's supposed to be used for things like routers & lathes. If you dont have a Harbor Freight near you they also sell online. Sign up to be on their email list and you'll get coupons every week for cool gadgets like foot pedal switches, laser pointer thermometers, & laser guided trim shears ;)
As cool as the foot switch is, it has nothing on this bad boy...

IMG_17003.JPG

Gadgets like these are part of my idea of inventing an ADA friendly hydro garden for people that are wheelchair bound or missing limbs. Several months ago I helped a friend who is handicapped and his grow presented some very interesting challenges that needed to be made ez for him. Ever since I've been tinkering with things that would make it ez for a handicapped person to grow hi grade meds with little effort...
I would like this remote control switch to be the first step in me using a light rail type motor & track and pulley system to create a remote control apparatus that raises and lowers lights with the push of a button.....Lots of things going on in my head huh? And they say stoners are lazy ;)

Well I got a 100% germ rate on all of the beans in only 30 hours!
All of them were potted up yesterday and today Papaya and California Hash Plant have broke the surface...

IMG_1699.JPG

I also picked up a couple funky new pieces of glass this weekend....

IMG_16754.JPG

IMG_16563.JPG

IMG_16863.JPG

IMG_16832.JPG

IMG_16683.JPG

IMG_16971.JPG

Thanks Bro!
The pedal is pretty cool. Makes it ez so I dont have to reach to plug in the pump or anything and it keeps my hands free.
I found it at Harbor Freight and it's supposed to be used for things like routers & lathes. If you dont have a Harbor Freight near you they also sell online. Sign up to be on their email list and you'll get coupons every week for cool gadgets like foot pedal switches, laser pointer thermometers, & laser guided trim shears ;)
As cool as the foot switch is, it has nothing on this bad boy...

IMG_17003.JPG

Gadgets like these are part of my idea of inventing an ADA friendly hydro garden for people that are wheelchair bound or missing limbs. Several months ago I helped a friend who is handicapped and his grow presented some very interesting challenges that needed to be made ez for him. Ever since I've been tinkering with things that would make it ez for a handicapped person to grow hi grade meds with little effort...
I would like this remote control switch to be the first step in me using a light rail type motor & track and pulley system to create a remote control apparatus that raises and lowers lights with the push of a button.....Lots of things going on in my head huh? And they say stoners are lazy ;)

Well I got a 100% germ rate on all of the beans in only 30 hours!
All of them were potted up yesterday and today Papaya and California Hash Plant have broke the surface...

IMG_1699.JPG

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. That is a very interesting and worthwhile investment of your time to be trying to help create a handicapped friendly garden.

With the pedal having your hands free would be awesome. Not having to reach down and around the corner to turn off the valve while hoping to not spray anything else with the hose.

Im almost done with my buckets, but encountered a small leak when i turned the pump on full power.
EAch bucket will have its own 10' hose roll and I will just detach the showerhead hendle from one, and swap to the next bucket. Just using 5gallon buckets. 1 for moms. 1 for veg. 2 for flower and one plain/ flush water.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. That is a very interesting and worthwhile investment of your time to be trying to help create a handicapped friendly garden.

With the pedal having your hands free would be awesome. Not having to reach down and around the corner to turn off the valve while hoping to not spray anything else with the hose.

Im almost done with my buckets, but encountered a small leak when i turned the pump on full power.
EAch bucket will have its own 10' hose roll and I will just detach the showerhead hendle from one, and swap to the next bucket. Just using 5gallon buckets. 1 for moms. 1 for veg. 2 for flower and one plain/ flush water.

Well I did graduate valedictorian from the School of Hard Knocks and my classmates voted me "Most Likey to Grow Some Dank" :Rasta:

I'll be watching what goes down in the Bomb Shelter for sure!!! :goodluck:

YouTube - ‪Mr. Beanbastic (Mr Bean + Mr Boombastic)‬‏

IMG_17055.JPG

IMG_17034.JPG

IMG_17043.JPG

IMG_17071.JPG

IMG_17081.JPG

IMG_17093.JPG

Getting close!! I finally found the max nute strength on these ladies last week. As soon as I noticed some burn i backed off 5 mls of Nova but I'm staying at full strength Bloombastic & FloraNectar.

This is the formula from now until flush...

IMG_17105.JPG

I'm seeing some really good stuff from using the Bloombastic. It's not making my buds bigger than normal but they are super frosty especially at the base of the underside of the cola leaves. I'll try to get some pics of the stuff but it's so thick I could probably scoop the trich clusters off with a spoon. Crazy stuff!
I think the Bloombastic will always be my flowering supplement from here on out.
I paid $60 for a 325ml bottle but in the end it actually cost me about $150. Words of advice....If you tell your wife you just spent $60 on a bottle of fertilizer be prepared to hand over your wallet to her without comment or complaint about how much she takes out! ;)

Back
Top Bottom