Hydro Coco Quasi Hempy Grow

Re: Bandit420's Hydro Coco A GoGo

Well.....I'm late as usual, but I'm here now. :thumb:

I see your up to your old Classic tricks too. I'm putting my seatbelt on for this one! :):high-five:

Lots of old tricks and a few new ones OMM! Glad you're here Buddy!:high-five:

I hope you enjoy the show Molotov!

Fresh shot of the machine...

IMG_14556.JPG

All the ladies are doing very well! Even the avacado tree (lower left corner) is growing like crazy :rofl: I laugh about that because the poor little tree was on it's death bed a couple weeks ago. My wife asked me to work some magic with it and I told her i'll see what I can do. Tonight I showed it to her and she just started laughing and said "I knew that would happen when you took into your room!"

Looks great Bandit, love the CC seeds..great genetics!

:peace:

Thanks Marley! The CC strains are very interesting. I like how they're not really all over the place as far as selection of Sativas & Indicas. They only do SFV OG crosses with proven strains like Chem Dawg but they do it very well. I cant wait to compare it to the Reserva Privada OG I'm growing now.

Hey Bandit, took me awhile to catch up.... but I am hear now. Any soft comfy chairs left? Did Sisco bring any snacks? :thumb:
Glad to have you here Tmac!
Plenty of seats left and Sisco did bring the snacks!
You're just in time too! Got some cool stuff coming for the vape! I'm also thinking about maybe making a special little table for the vape with some Silver Surfer comic charactor graphics on it. ;)

:popcorn: sure did, I got some Space cake and Shroominade

That sounds tastey!!
All I have is a Hash Man cookie but there's plenty to share! :hookah:

IMG_11525.JPG

Gonna make some small changes to the bloom cab this week....

I found a kegerator for free on Craigslist yesterday. The machine was busted up and not working but it had a 20lb co2 tank with a broken knob. I went and picked it up and trashed everything except the tank.
Today I took the tank to the hydro shop to see what kind of value I had in it. I paid $5 to have a new knob installed and it was good as new ready for trade in on a full tank. Basically i got a $150 co2 tank for only $25. $5 for the new knob and $20 for the full tank exchange. Huge freakin score!!

I believe it's a direct example of karma for the ballast donation last week.

Anyways today I ordered a Hydrofarm regulator/solenoid for it so hopefully by the end of the week I'll be able to start gassing the garden.
I'm working on making adjustments to seal the room but still have an air circuit to cool the lights.
When I built the cab I built it so that if I ever did get a co2 system all i would need to do is make a few adjustments to the air system and it would be ready to hold the gas in the bloom cab. That time has come :)

Since I'll be cutting off the bloom cab humidity & odor exaust to only run during lights off I found a cool new toy to try out...

IMG_14584.JPG

This is the Eva Dry Mini Dehumidifier. Retails for $20 and it handles 333 cubic feet of grow space. The absorbant material is also rechargable. The package claims to reduce allergens but also ELIMINATE odor, molds, & mildews.
Apparently it simply plugs in and then hangs in the growroom. This should be interesting ;)

nice
i was looking around at coco and found this journal looks like you have it together
i read through and i think you said you ph to 6.4 when you soaked the coco is that what you always water at?
i was told you could go all of the way down to 5.8 with coco
i'm just curious what you think about that
keep up the good work its inspiring

Well pal.... looks like you have been busy.... great to hear about the karma! :)
Co2... I have often considered it.... I look forward to seeing your experience.
Keep up the good work.

Jonny

Morning Bandito!

I'm really impressed with your co2 score, that's like dumpster diving without a dumpster:cheer:

You're taking it to a whole new level my friend.

I'm real interested in the mini-dehumidifier too, please keep us posted.

5 stars, + reps, keep on rockin it:party::party:

nice
i was looking around at coco and found this journal looks like you have it together
i read through and i think you said you ph to 6.4 when you soaked the coco is that what you always water at?
i was told you could go all of the way down to 5.8 with coco
i'm just curious what you think about that
keep up the good work its inspiring

High wohlichen!
Anywhere between 5.8 & 6.5 is a good ph range. When I mix my nutes the ph will be about 5.5. From there I'll add a small pinch of Earth Juice Natural PH Up to bring it up a little bit. I'll end up with a ph anywhere between 5.8 & 6.5 depending on how big the pinch of up powder I add. One watering I'll go as low as 5.8 and the next i'll bring it up a bit more to cover the whole range.
I also use Plant Success Soluble which is a Mycorrhizae & Trichoderma innoculant. These are beneficial micro organisms that are typically found in and used in soil gardens.
Since coco is organic and i'm using GH Floranova which is about as close to organic as you will find in a hydro nutrient, I can use the "feed the soil" philosophy with this garden.
Those beneficials will live in, on, and around the roots and medium breaking down nutes and force feeding the plant regardless of the ph number. So if the ph is at 6.4 which makes calcium and magnesium readily available but kinda locks out iron, the beneficials will help compensate making iron available even with the higher ph.
I hope that makes sense :tokin:

Well pal.... looks like you have been busy.... great to hear about the karma! :)
Co2... I have often considered it.... I look forward to seeing your experience.
Keep up the good work.

Jonny
It should be interesting! I dont know if it will have a significant impact as far as yield but i think it will give me even more direct control over the enviroment. Right now with the fresh air injection it can come in at 80 degrees or 20 degrees making it difficult to get it at the right flow rate on a day by day basis. The co2 should make every day the same.
If there's one thing I've learned lately is that these girls love consistency. They get a little bitchy when the temps swing but when every day is the same as the previous day I see explosive results.

Morning Bandito!

I'm really impressed with your co2 score, that's like dumpster diving without a dumpster:cheer:

You're taking it to a whole new level my friend.

I'm real interested in the mini-dehumidifier too, please keep us posted.

5 stars, + reps, keep on rockin it:party::party:
Thanks Blue!
The tank was one of my better finds. It's funny how most people see a pile of junk and I see parts for my grow room. I just could'nt believe the tank was still there! Somebody took the tap parts of the kegerator but I think the broken knob on the tank made them not want it. I had no idea it was a simple cheap fix like that. I figured at the very least I could sell it as scrap steel but to be able to trade it in for a fresh bottle was incredible.
The cost of set up and running a co2 system has always made me back away. Several hundy for this, several hundy for that plus operating costs sucks in this economy. But to get into the system for less than $150 total and have an operating cost of about $20 a month is something I can live with.
I also got my first utility bill yesterday after I did a consumption audit last month. After making all sorts of adjustments and having the room split into four stations I was able to reduce my bill by $30 while adding more watts & lumens to the bloom cab. That's some sweet music right there my friend! :slide:

The mini dehumidifier is a very interesting gadget. Right now I dont have any humidity issues but I'm sure it will rise without the exaust running during lights on. If the thing does'nt do squat for me in the grow room it could have a use in the drying shack.
I'll definately be posting what it's all about because I know a device like that could help out a lot of growers here.:high-five:

I found a kegerator for free on Craigslist yesterday. The machine was busted up and not working but it had a 20lb co2 tank with a broken knob. I went and picked it up and trashed everything except the tank.
Today I took the tank to the hydro shop to see what kind of value I had in it. I paid $5 to have a new knob installed and it was good as new ready for trade in on a full tank. Basically i got a $150 co2 tank for only $25. $5 for the new knob and $20 for the full tank exchange. Huge freakin score!!

I believe it's a direct example of karma for the ballast donation last week.
;)

Great score Bandit! :high-five: Keep up the great work. I'm having a great time keeping up on your journal. :)

right on yeah that all makes good sense to me
give the ph a little swing to cover everything
i'm really interested in trying coco like you said its organic and seems to act similar soil which i like but i think it well drain and aerate better
i have oregonism i'll use for bene's
my caregiver uses coco and says he likes it because he gets to add what he wants when the plants need it...and so on
anyways thanks for more info on the subject i'm going for it
i'll be following up on your journal
:grinjoint:

Great score Bandit! :high-five: Keep up the great work. I'm having a great time keeping up on your journal. :)

Awesome!! Glad you like the show VapedOutJoe!!

right on yeah that all makes good sense to me
give the ph a little swing to cover everything
i'm really interested in trying coco like you said its organic and seems to act similar soil which i like but i think it well drain and aerate better
i have oregonism i'll use for bene's
my caregiver uses coco and says he likes it because he gets to add what he wants when the plants need it...and so on
anyways thanks for more info on the subject i'm going for it
i'll be following up on your journal
:grinjoint:
Your caregiver is spot on with the coco. This medium is very ez to use and is so customizable it's crazy.
Winter time indoor farming can be a lot easier than Summer time as far as controlling temps & enviroment. For this round of plants I can go with a nearly all coco chip blend for super fast drainage. During the Summer I can add more fine coir to the blend so it holds more water and can take the heat issues that will come. The abilty to dial in the medium to a specific grow room, time of year, and strain of plant is what sets coco above other mediums imo. I think you'll enjoy farming with coco very much my friend.

Awesome Karma payback - nice CO2 score!!
Thanks Buddy!!:tokin:

Cool little hash man, how's that Eva Dry working? Really impressed so far Bandit, Take care and good show.
Thanks Sisco! As soon as the co2 regulator gets here the Eva Dry will be installed. I'll really be curious to see how often I'll need to recharge the absorbing crystals in the thing...;)
So far my impression of it is that's it's like Depends for the garden :)

Back
Top Bottom