Hydro Coco Quasi Hempy Grow

Re: Bandit420's Hydro Coco A GoGo

Crazy glass :thedoubletake:

Thanks for passing on the info. that has worked the best for you, The Hempy style grow I'm using is also taken in peices from a few growers here.

Could not have done it without :420: and growers like you. :peace:

wait 'till you see my bong collection lol!

A little birdy just landed on the window sill with some interesting news...

Looks like I'll be poppin' a Papaya here soon Sisco! Hopefully she has all the danky gnarlyness as yours!
Also on the docket is Vanilla Kush, Afghan Kush, Tangerine Dream, Bubblicious, Sensi Star, LA Woman, Blue Widow, and Cali Hash Plant. Not yet in hand but soon to be ordered will be LA Confidential, Chem Valley Kush, Blackwater, and inspired by It'sChrome...Mekong High!

CVK & Blackwater will be regular seeds not fem so the best males that come from those two strains will be used in breeding projects. I'll be looking to develop a hybrid with LA Woman & CVK to start off the breeding project.
:rollit:

The End of an Era

Today my first grow light ballast has been retired. Even though it still works very good, over the last year i've been buying new old stock 430 watt ballasts on ebay so I have fresh gear.
For this current crop this ballast became a back up for the two 430s running in the bloom cab. Last week I scored another nos Diamond Horticulture 430 to use in the cab which means that one of the Hydrofarms in there now will become the back up.
Since I dont need two back ups this ballast will go to donation at the local hydro shop. The shop has a used/free section where growers can unload old gear so the newbs on a tight budget can have decent gear to start off with.
I love this ballast but I think it can get new life in another garden. It's been very good to me. You can see by the date stamp it's quite old. I bought it at a head shop that makes them in house. Every year since '98 this ballast has brought at least one crop to harvest and has brought 12 crops to harvest over the last 2 years.
It's a Hall of Famer ballast that has produced several pounds of fine herb over it's life and I think it deserves a special post just for it on my journal.

IMG_14347.JPG

Re: The End of an Era

Today my first grow light ballast has been retired. Even though it still works very good, over the last year i've been buying new old stock 430 watt ballasts on ebay so I have fresh gear.
For this current crop this ballast became a back up for the two 430s running in the bloom cab. Last week I scored another nos Diamond Horticulture 430 to use in the cab which means that one of the Hydrofarms in there now will become the back up.
Since I dont need two back ups this ballast will go to donation at the local hydro shop. The shop has a used/free section where growers can unload old gear so the newbs on a tight budget can have decent gear to start off with.
I love this ballast but I think it can get new life in another garden. It's been very good to me. You can see by the date stamp it's quite old. I bought it at a head shop that makes them in house. Every year since '98 this ballast has brought at least one crop to harvest and has brought 12 crops to harvest over the last 2 years.
It's a Hall of Famer ballast that has produced several pounds of fine herb over it's life and I think it deserves a special post just for it on my journal.

Sweet - how cool to pass it on to someone else like that (cool that your grow shop has that program too!) - that's some good karma points there my friend. Nice!

Man that ballast was a trooper for you Bandit. Almost 13 years of steady service. Wish my hydro store had a thing like that going too.

Heck I would take them percentages anyday.:peace:
They are winning percentages that's for sure! :)

Awesome journal thus far Bandit, you sure do have your shit in order. Love the coco, thinking about that route myself for my hempys..grows like this just keep pushing me closer to finally grabbin some.

I'm in for the ride, should be a damn good one.

:peace:

Glad to have you on board Marley! I think the coco chips & hempy will go together like peas & carrots Bro!

Sounds like a nice variety of strains, toke one up for the ballast :roorrip:
I'll light that fire with you Sisco! :roorrip:

Man that ballast was a trooper for you Bandit. Almost 13 years of steady service. Wish my hydro store had a thing like that going too.

I love the idea of your local shop! Great for first time growers to get their feet wet without breaking off to much for initial costs. I'm tuned into this one!

:)
No doubt that ballast was rock solid. It's the main reason why I've never gone for the digitals. My mag ballast has treated me very good over the years.
I think there's three types of grow shops...
The head shop that also sells a few lights, some Fox Farm nutes & dirt, & the GH trio
.Then there's the shop built on greed that trys to sell you everything they have on the shelf with no knowledge of what it is they're selling.
Then the third is built on rep. They're warehouse size and have both knowledge and experience behind the counter. These grow shops want to see the grower succeed with whatever budget they have.
The first two are a dime a dozen and are usually everywhere in every city.
In my city for example there are 14 of those all together. There is only one example of the third and that's the one that gets all of my business.

Headin' in to week two of bloom and here's how the garden looks!

IMG_14358.JPG

IMG_143610.JPG

Mama plants got a trim last week and you cant even tell....
Maybe I should give them a Brazillian :)

Looking fantastic Bandit. They'll be budding up nice and fat soon... The Ganja Gods are smiling down on you, without a doubt!
Thanks Bro!!:Rasta:

The show is indeed about to begin!

IMG_14418.JPG

The garden is already starting to stink up the joint too.
I love the smell of fresh roadkill skunk in the morning!:yummy:

and....

IMG_14445.JPG

The Spring stock is here! Being the absent minded stoner I am I put my AK48 seeds in a Yumbolt baggie and forgot to mark it. When I pop these Yumbolts there's gonna be a bit of mystery as to what they are for a few weeks.:tokin:
Still waiting on the LA Woman breeder pack and another hook up with 420 sponsor Single Seed Centre this weekend should have me squared away for all of 2011.
:thumb:

Thanks Bro!!:Rasta:

The show is indeed about to begin!

The garden is already starting to stink up the joint too.
I love the smell of fresh roadkill skunk in the morning!:yummy:

and....

IMG_14445.JPG

The Spring stock is here! Being the absent minded stoner I am I put my AK48 seeds in a Yumbolt baggie and forgot to mark it. When I pop these Yumbolts there's gonna be a bit of mystery as to what they are for a few weeks.:tokin:
Still waiting on the LA Woman breeder pack and another hook up with 420 sponsor Single Seed Centre this weekend should have me squared away for all of 2011.
:thumb:

u got a hell of a nice line up there my friend, ive been collecting for the spring and summer, got some great white shark thus far, lookin at some of the violator kush too! Not sure wut else yet.

Ur garden is flourishing bro keep up the good work!

u got a hell of a nice line up there my friend, ive been collecting for the spring and summer, got some great white shark thus far, lookin at some of the violator kush too! Not sure wut else yet.

Ur garden is flourishing bro keep up the good work!

Thanks Buddy!
There's also a Papaya & a Bubbleicious there but they're not labled like the others.:morenutes:

Well the order for 8 regular Chem Valley Kush & 8 regular Blackwater beans has been made!
Check out these descriptions from Cali Connection....

Chem Valley Kush:

Chem Dawg x SFV OG Kush F5
This is a sick hybrid from 2 of the strongest strains on earth in my opinion. Together they are unstoppable. I have worked this version for over a year now. I used an f5 male that was a stinky little bastard with strong pronounced lemon pledge stench like his mother SFV OG Kush, the Chem Dawg clone only was glad to meet this new guy for sure. This hybrid will love and work well with super cropping, LST, and any other training methods.
Type: 60/40 Sativa/Indica
Flowering time: 8 weeks
Yield: 500+ grams/m2

Blackwater:

Mendo Purps x SFV OG Kush F3
Blackwater first generation Mendo Purps x SFV OG Kush F3. This is named after one of my favourite songs. My goal on her is to achieve one of the darkest Purple OG Kushes there is.
Flowering time: 8-9 weeks

blackwater_large.jpg

Blackwater pic courtesy of Cali Connection

:oops: 1st video would'nt play so I found one that will. Plus I think this one is better than the more recent one I had up. I also added the pic from Cali Connection.

That's one of my faves too Sisco!
Crazy story time... I went to High school with Michael Hossack's son in Lake County, Ca. We had some good times during off campus lunches....:Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom