zeven

420 Member
Hello there 👋👋,
So, ive got a plant that started its pre flowering process from a Friend because he wanted me to fix it. He grew it Outside during Summer (its fall here in Germany now) and used some generic Soil from our local Graveyard wich others can take for their Plants. Problem is, he DIDNT KNOW he had to FERTILIZE it. Its pretty Small now (about 45cm above the soil) and only has a stem going straight up without any branches (Probably because of lacking nutrients during vegetative Phase). Ive had it for about a week or two now (moved it to indoors with better lighting, fertilizer, ventilation, humidity and an improvised growing "Tent") and its flowering relatively alright for such a medium/small sized plant now (already produces ALOT of trichomes for its flowering stage).
Problems are:
1. it doesnt smell very much (except you hold your nose close to the buds). Has a Strong, Herby, Parsley like smell with a hint of fruitiness.
2. Some Leaves are pretty pale/Yellow/lightly shriveled up
3. i find some black bits now and then hanging under the leaves and on the buds themselves (dont know if its some kind of Pest or just dirt, i remove them with a thin paper clip but they seem to come back once in a while
4. some Pistils (~20-30%) are starting to brown/ dry out.
I Looked at the thrichomes with a strong magnifying lens and theyre still fresh and translucent, so i dont think i need to harvest it yet.

For Lighting i use an old G4 12V 20W 3000k Halogen Lamp, and alot of Natural Sunlight (wich gets stronger with the "growing tent" i built).
For Nutrients i use a Blooming fertilizer (N5-P12-K8) and sometimes some Nail clippings or dried and crushed up Eggshells for Calcium and other micronutrients.
For humidity i use a standard humidifyer so its a nice 40-50% humidity.
I water my plant every 2-4 days, or until the top layer of the soil gets dry to about an inch deep.
I also open my window once or twice a day for half an hour to get fresh air in, combined with my big fan to circulate the fresh, good air around the room and the bad air out of the room.

SO,
Can anybody help me or tell me what im doing wrong/The Plant is doing wrong? I know its not the best grow and i should probably just toss it instead of wasting my time and energy, but its my first grow in a long time and im sure it still has SOME potential left!

IF you even read this far, thank you for listening,and PLEASE try to help me/ my Flower 🙏🙏.

Snapchat-1514875374.jpg
Snapchat-1147804433.jpg
IMG_20231018_084941.jpg
IMG_20231018_085025.jpg
IMG_20231018_085136.jpg
IMG_20231018_085218.jpg
IMG_20231018_085433.jpg
IMG_20231018_090241.jpg

Hello there 👋👋,
So, ive got a plant that started its pre flowering process from a Friend because he wanted me to fix it. He grew it Outside during Summer (its fall here in Germany now) and used some generic Soil from our local Graveyard wich others can take for their Plants. Problem is, he DIDNT KNOW he had to FERTILIZE it. Its pretty Small now (about 45cm above the soil) and only has a stem going straight up without any branches (Probably because of lacking nutrients during vegetative Phase). Ive had it for about a week or two now (moved it to indoors with better lighting, fertilizer, ventilation, humidity and an improvised growing "Tent") and its flowering relatively alright for such a medium/small sized plant now (already produces ALOT of trichomes for its flowering stage).
Problems are:
1. it doesnt smell very much (except you hold your nose close to the buds). Has a Strong, Herby, Parsley like smell with a hint of fruitiness.
2. Some Leaves are pretty pale/Yellow/lightly shriveled up
3. i find some black bits now and then hanging under the leaves and on the buds themselves (dont know if its some kind of Pest or just dirt, i remove them with a thin paper clip but they seem to come back once in a while
4. some Pistils (~20-30%) are starting to brown/ dry out.
I Looked at the thrichomes with a strong magnifying lens and theyre still fresh and translucent, so i dont think i need to harvest it yet.

For Lighting i use an old G4 12V 20W 3000k Halogen Lamp, and alot of Natural Sunlight (wich gets stronger with the "growing tent" i built).
For Nutrients i use a Blooming fertilizer (N5-P12-K8) and sometimes some Nail clippings or dried and crushed up Eggshells for Calcium and other micronutrients.
For humidity i use a standard humidifyer so its a nice 40-50% humidity.
I water my plant every 2-4 days, or until the top layer of the soil gets dry to about an inch deep.
I also open my window once or twice a day for half an hour to get fresh air in, combined with my big fan to circulate the fresh, good air around the room and the bad air out of the room.

SO,
Can anybody help me or tell me what im doing wrong/The Plant is doing wrong? I know its not the best grow and i should probably just toss it instead of wasting my time and energy, but its my first grow in a long time and im sure it still has SOME potential left!

IF you even read this far, thank you for listening,and PLEASE try to help me/ my Flower 🙏🙏.

Snapchat-1514875374.jpg
Snapchat-1147804433.jpg
IMG_20231018_084941.jpg
IMG_20231018_085025.jpg
IMG_20231018_085136.jpg
IMG_20231018_085218.jpg
IMG_20231018_085433.jpg
IMG_20231018_090241.jpg
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
Sorry about your issues.
Your nutrients are you following the recommended doses on the schedule?
Feeding one time then giving plain water the next?
Letting it dry a little in between?
Do you have holes in the bottom of your pot?
Do you know the ph of your nutrients/ water?
Take care.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I read your all the way down to that line and have good news and bad news.

The good news is that your plant is in flower and might make it through to the end which under normal conditions will be a couple of weeks from now. The bad news is that your plant is in flower and will not produce a much of a harvest but it is a good learning point.

use an old G4 12V 20W 3000k Halogen Lamp
Your light is not strong enough. It looks like it is a 12 volt 20 watt bulb when you really want a light that will draw 50 watts or more from a standard household electrical system. Germany operates on a 230 volt supply and 50Hz so you need something that is a quality growing light that will plug into the wall socket. The sunlight is getting weaker by the day as winter comes so no help there.

... used some generic Soil from our local Graveyard
It looks like generic coco coir mix. You will need to know more about that soil to be able to help with that point.

Blooming fertilizer (N5-P12-K8) and sometimes some Nail clippings or dried and crushed up Eggshells for Calcium and other micronutrients.
Sounds like the usual fertilizer mix for the flowering stage. Be sure to follow the instructions on the package. As for the nail clippings and crushed eggshells do not bother with those. They take a lot longer than you might realize to decompose so they are better added to a compost pile where nature can break them down into usable nutrients over a year or so.

I know its not the best grow and i should probably just toss it instead of wasting my time and energy, but its my first grow in a long time and im sure it still has SOME potential left!
You can try to improve the color. You can take it through to the end for the experience.

While you are waiting for the harvest read up on everything about growing Cannabis in soil. Look around for supplies. If you are going to grow in soil you can read up about other growing methods but do not let those other methods confuse you.

As @Bill284 brings up, find out what the pH of your water is. That would be a good starting point. It is important information and if you are lucky the water is already the right pH for soil growing.

Good luck and enjoy doing the research.

Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
Sorry about your issues.
Your nutrients are you following the recommended doses on the schedule?
Feeding one time then giving plain water the next?
Letting it dry a little in between?
Do you have holes in the bottom of your pot?
Do you know the ph of your nutrients/ water?
Take care.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
No i water them with a water-fertilizer mix (recc. Dosage is quarter of the bottle cap with 1liter of water) , didnt know you had to water it without anything added every second time :hmmmm:
And yes as stated, i only water them if the soil is an inch dry from the top.
The pot i use has enough holes, i put multiple paper towels beneath it, when they got some water stains i replace them.
I tested the PH and its at normal levels
(6-7).

:peacetwo:

I read your all the way down to that line and have good news and bad news.

The good news is that your plant is in flower and might make it through to the end which under normal conditions will be a couple of weeks from now. The bad news is that your plant is in flower and will not produce a much of a harvest but it is a good learning point.

Your light is not strong enough. It looks like it is a 12 volt 20 watt bulb when you really want a light that will draw 50 watts or more from a standard household electrical system. Germany operates on a 230 volt supply and 50Hz so you need something that is a quality growing light that will plug into the wall socket. The sunlight is getting weaker by the day as winter comes so no help there.

It looks like generic coco coir mix. You will need to know more about that soil to be able to help with that point.

Sounds like the usual fertilizer mix for the flowering stage. Be sure to follow the instructions on the package. As for the nail clippings and crushed eggshells do not bother with those. They take a lot longer than you might realize to decompose so they are better added to a compost pile where nature can break them down into usable nutrients over a year or so.

You can try to improve the color. You can take it through to the end for the experience.

While you are waiting for the harvest read up on everything about growing Cannabis in soil. Look around for supplies. If you are going to grow in soil you can read up about other growing methods but do not let those other methods confuse you.

As @Bill284 brings up, find out what the pH of your water is. That would be a good starting point. It is important information and if you are lucky the water is already the right pH for soil growing.

Good luck and enjoy doing the research.
Thanks for the reply!

"You can try to improve the color. You can take it through to the end for the experience."

How can i improve the color? The Color of what?

That plant looks very hungry, and for N which it sounds like was not given in veg. I'm wondering if you'd be better off giving it a round of veg nutes to help it catch up.

I know that's definitely off-label in how they recommend using it buy I'm thinking the low N number of your flowering nutes isn't getting it done.

How can i improve the color? The Color of what?
The color of the leaves and the color of the whole plant. The leaves are such a light green color that they appear yellow and some are looking like they are almost white. This is a sign that the plant did not get enough Nitrogen earlier and is still not getting enough. If the leaves were a greener color it helps the plant grow better when it gets light.

Combine the low light levels and not enough Nitrogen then the plant grows slowly. It will have smaller leaves and the buds will be smaller. And, it helps explain why you do not get as much of the smell unless you get your nose right down to the buds.

No i water them with a water-fertilizer mix (recc. Dosage is quarter of the bottle cap with 1liter of water) , didnt know you had to water it without anything added every second time :hmmmm:
And yes as stated, i only water them if the soil is an inch dry from the top.
The pot i use has enough holes, i put multiple paper towels beneath it, when they got some water stains i replace them.
I tested the PH and its at normal levels
(6-7).

If you are feeding every time without much runoff you likely have a buildup of salts around the roots preventing proper nutritional uptake.
A flush of the pot, 3x plain water would help.
Then feed/ water/ feed water after that.
2 cents for now.
Possibly someone might have another suggestion.
But won't hut to try.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Have you successfully grown before? If this is your first exposure, smoking bud you grew is motivation no matter the quality or quantity. lower the light a bit closer, bit of N and let it crawl to the finish.
It's easy to forget we all started with a plant like that. It can motivate you to do better each time or kill your hope if you quit on it.

Back
Top Bottom