I'm New & Old

Hello, Growers! My first-time growers stress has (happily) turned to first_time harvester's stress. I'm thinking this Amnesia Haze auto is about ready to pick. Of course, being a first-timer, I'm not sure. I've got one of those little microscopes. The trichomes look milky, not clear. There is no amber color in them, however. Theses plants are at 90 days from germination. Any thoughts?

A lot of autos go over 100 days. Some strains just go longer others are faster flowering. My Crystal Candy autos are just over day 60 and will be ready in the next week or 2 but my Pineapple Express autos will be going well into the 90-100 day mark!

Trichomes tell the whole story don’t go by pistils. Some plants will continue to push new pistils out even when they are ripe. It’s your choice of the effects your looking for when chopping but I personally look for 5% amber before cutting. This allows for majority of the trichomes to be cloudy which is your highest THC point!
290B0EF7-339C-4410-A9E1-61B6C0BCFF91.jpeg

@Dutchman1990 grows autos, like he has said don’t depend on the manufacturers due date for maturity. I’ve grown this auto but that’s all it did was grow. I didn’t tend to it like I was supposed to and I didn’t get what your getting right now ! Quality was and is there still.
A lot of autos go over 100 days. Some strains just go longer others are faster flowering. My Crystal Candy autos are just over day 60 and will be ready in the next week or 2 but my Pineapple Express autos will be going well into the 90-100 day mark!

Trichomes tell the whole story don’t go by pistils. Some plants will continue to push new pistils out even when they are ripe. It’s your choice of the effects your looking for when chopping but I personally look for 5% amber before cutting. This allows for majority of the trichomes to be cloudy which is your highest THC point!
290B0EF7-339C-4410-A9E1-61B6C0BCFF91.jpeg
Thanks, Dutchman. What tool do you use to look at the trics?

Hello, growers. I got one of those jewelers loupes and, Wow! What a great tool. I can now clearly see the trichomes without getting cross-eyed. My 2 Amnesia Haze are nearing 100 days from germ. Trichomes are just starting to get cloudy (I haven't figured out how to take those microscopic photos yet). They look like at least a few more weeks. I decided to flush when they are ready. I had been debating whether to do it because of all the "for" and "against" arguments out here. Finally decided to go with flush using Flawless Finish by Advanced Nutrients. I'm also going to put a tiny bit of Koolbloom and General Hydroponics FloraBloom in during the flush (just a gut strategy). 172547417254751725476

Nice Pics, Dutchman! I need to be able to do this. Thanks, I'm on it!

Yikes! Seeds of doubt.

Since you guys have more experience I am inclined to follow your advise. However, there is the $21 I plopped down for the Flawless Finish (I don't throw away money, at least not on purpose). I've heard good things about KoolBloom powder during the last few weeks. I might be able to exchange the Flawless for some of that. Any experience with Kool bloom powder?

Yikes! Seeds of doubt.

Since you guys have more experience I am inclined to follow your advise. However, there is the $21 I plopped down for the Flawless Finish (I don't throw away money, at least not on purpose). I've heard good things about KoolBloom powder during the last few weeks. I might be able to exchange the Flawless for some of that. Any experience with Kool bloom powder?
If you didn’t open it trade it for some rhino skin!

Hello growers! I'm about at the end of my first grow and I think things have gone well! These 2 amnesia haze plants are going to be chopped down in about 6 days. The trichomes are milky with a few amber-colored ones spread about. I learned a lot during this grow. One very basic lesson I will take away from this grow is that when you use a scrog net put your bin in the CENTER of tent. Otherwise, you'll have some hard to reach spots during maintenance! Thanks, @West Hippie and @Dutchman1990 for your help!

Hello growers! I'm about at the end of my first grow and I think things have gone well! These 2 amnesia haze plants are going to be chopped down in about 6 days. The trichomes are milky with a few amber-colored ones spread about. I learned a lot during this grow. One very basic lesson I will take away from this grow is that when you use a scrog net put your bin in the CENTER of tent. Otherwise, you'll have some hard to reach spots during maintenance! Thanks, @West Hippie and @Dutchman1990 for your help!

Get your close ups and that pic and put them in the gallery for every body to see.

Hello, growers. Well, I chopped her down yesterday. After trim, based on the "wet" wight I think I'll get about 10 ozs, I am more than happy for a first grow. Now the drying and curing stress begins! LOL!

I haven't posted here in a while. It's because I was so dejected by the way I ended this grow.

I screwed up during the drying process and dried waaaay too fast. It was a little chilly when these got done, so I put a heater in the dry tent (same tent I use to grow). Then I forgot to turn the exhaust fan off. And I had no humidity running during drying (just because I hadn't read enough).

The result was some garbage. I can get a buzz off this stuff, but it tastes terrible and makes lots of coughs.

I gave away a lot of it to my buds. So far, no one has said, "I want some more."

Live and learn.

I haven't posted here in a while. It's because I was so dejected by the way I ended this grow.

I screwed up during the drying process and dried waaaay too fast. It was a little chilly when these got done, so I put a heater in the dry tent (same tent I use to grow). Then I forgot to turn the exhaust fan off. And I had no humidity running during drying (just because I hadn't read enough).

The result was some garbage. I can get a buzz off this stuff, but it tastes terrible and makes lots of coughs.

I gave away a lot of it to my buds. So far, no one has said, "I want some more."

Live and learn.
Hate to here that , mistakes make us do it right the next time !

Hate to here that , mistakes make us do it right the next time !
No biggie, West Hippie. However, I do appreciate your thoughts. I did not expect to be very successful on my first grow, and I got a lot closer to being successful than I could have imagined.

This is only the beginning!

Back
Top Bottom