Indie Grower's First Ever Grow In Closet: White Widow Auto In Regular Garden Soil, 50W LED Bulb, Advice Always Appreciated

Right back at you sweet ex @AngryBird ... I hope you and the girls are having an amazingly happy and Merry Christmas and the best New Year that can be imagined! Wishing you all the best my lovely FreeBird!
Merry Merry Merry Christmas! :green_heart:
:green_heart::circle-of-love::hug::love:Happy and free :)
Thank you

Yep, every strain is different, and there are variations within a strain too. WW is a hybrid, so you will see part indica and part sativa in her expression... she wont have the huge leaves of an indica nor will she have the narrow skinny leaves of a sativa, and after growing her out a couple of times, you will recognize her when you see her growing in someone else's tent, just like I can now recognize certain distinctive lines that I have grown out.

Well out of curiosity only, are you running any youtube channel. It'll be an information source for me!

Thank you :hug:
This is 420 family and Emilya was with me when I started growing :hug:
So, welcome to the family :hug:
We help and support each other :circle-of-love:
You should read SweetSue's Threads, she is an amazing woman as well.

Well out of curiosity only, are you running any youtube channel. It'll be an information source for me!
No, having been in an illegal state for so long and because of where I work, I have had to take extra precautions to protect my identity, so as a result there have been no pictures of me on the internet that can be associated with this hobby. Maybe someday I will do some videos after we get the dispensary up and running, and there is a book about basic gardening of weeds in the works.

Thank you :hug:
This is 420 family and Emilya was with me when I started growing :hug:
So, welcome to the family :hug:
We help and support each other :circle-of-love:
You should read SweetSue's Threads, she is an amazing woman as well.

I will

No, having been in an illegal state for so long and because of where I work, I have had to take extra precautions to protect my identity, so as a result there have been no pictures of me on the internet that can be associated with this hobby. Maybe someday I will do some videos after we get the dispensary up and running, and there is a book about basic gardening of weeds in the works.

So this lady is a mystery! And I am sure this hobby will take you to places :high-five:

Dear @Emilya

Now the pot feels super light and is ready to take some water, but the leaves aren't showing any sign of thirst. Kindly help me with a watering road map for her, I have gone through your article and I am going to walk by your words but still I want to be doubly sure before she takes her drink. Also in this round I will be adding 1/4 growth booster nutrition, banana water, calcium phosphate and molasses, what do you think about this drink?

Also, some of the infected leaves have withered off and I am sure this drink will bring some improvement in her health.

:thanks:

Attachments

• IMG_20181226_185752.jpg
    IMG_20181226_185752.jpg
    878.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20181226_185742.jpg
    IMG_20181226_185742.jpg
    585.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20181226_185732.jpg
    IMG_20181226_185732.jpg
    453.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20181226_185727.jpg
    IMG_20181226_185727.jpg
    591 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20181226_185721.jpg
    IMG_20181226_185721.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20181225_122857.jpg
    IMG_20181225_122857.jpg
    530.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20181225_122855.jpg
    IMG_20181225_122855.jpg
    557 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20181225_122852.jpg
    IMG_20181225_122852.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20181225_122849.jpg
    IMG_20181225_122849.jpg
    491 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20181225_122845.jpg
    IMG_20181225_122845.jpg
    516.8 KB · Views: 30
Dear @Emilya

Now the pot feels super light and is ready to take some water, but the leaves aren't showing any sign of thirst. Kindly help me with a watering road map for her, I have gone through your article and I am going to walk by your words but still I want to be doubly sure before she takes her drink. Also in this round I will be adding 1/4 growth booster nutrition, banana water, calcium phosphate and molasses, what do you think about this drink?

Also, some of the infected leaves have withered off and I am sure this drink will bring some improvement in her health.

:thanks:
Yep, it is time, and I like the sounds of that drink although I have yet to try the banana water... it just makes good sense. Good job keeping the bad leaves on there so you can see where she is at, and so the problem didn't move up the trunk to yet unaffected leaves. Let's see what a good strong drink of calmag does for them.

Yep, it is time, and I like the sounds of that drink although I have yet to try the banana water... it just makes good sense. Good job keeping the bad leaves on there so you can see where she is at, and so the problem didn't move up the trunk to yet unaffected leaves. Let's see what a good strong drink of calmag does for them.

So I watered this lady in the morning today, exactly the way @Emilya has described in her article, had a drink with her with some superfine hashish from Parvati Valley, Himalayas. I fed her little over a litre but couldn't spot a run-off, also I was afraid as I am wounded with my past mistakes hence I stopped. @AngryBird once said, less is always better, so I stood firm on the same.

For now she's hydrated with some growth booster and calmag and l will look closely for new developments in her. I am dying to see her forming buds now!

Big thanks to @Emilya and @AngryBird for being so supportive. God, this girl of mine is so blessed!

So I watered this lady in the morning today, exactly the way @Emilya has described in her article, had a drink with her with some superfine hashish from Parvati Valley, Himalayas. I fed her little over a litre but couldn't spot a run-off, also I was afraid as I am wounded with my past mistakes hence I stopped. @AngryBird once said, less is always better, so I stood firm on the same.

For now she's hydrated with some growth booster and calmag and l will look closely for new developments in her. I am dying to see her forming buds now!

Big thanks to @Emilya and @AngryBird for being so supportive. God, this girl of mine is so blessed!
Sorry I was absent until now, but I was needed in a meeting in Chicago this afternoon and had to hop a morning flight... just now getting back home.
So here is what happens when you fail to saturate the entire container of soil:
Whatever amount you give, since it is not enough to stand up in that soil all the way to the top, drops down toward the bottom. The top dries out in 24 hours or less, right down to where you have arbitrarily set the water table line to be. There are two sets of roots in our plants... the top roots that spread out along the surface to choke out other competing plants, and the bottom roots that we are mostly aware of. The top roots got to see that pH adjusted water/nutes for a split second before it all sank down toward the bottom. As the top rapidly dried out, the pH rocketed back up to the base level of the soil in that region, and those poor top roots got to see nutrients at the correct pH for only the few hours that the water flowed through there toward the bottom, and then the pH in that dry top region became that of the buffered soil at the top of the scale, locking out many of the nutrients.
The bottom roots are fine, they are still sitting in the correct pH water/soil saturation and are slowly going to see the water line head down to the bottom, slowly drawing the pH across the usable range. Your watering method has allowed you to feed the bottom while starving the top.
Always water to runoff. Stop thinking that you somehow know how much water the plants need and let them and the container tell you instead. The amount it takes to get to runoff will change as the roots become more robust, and you have no idea how much that will be by guessing. You didn't overwater your plants in the past by giving them too much at one time, you watered them too often and with not enough each time, only benefiting one set of roots, and eventually by never letting the bottom dry out, shutting them down too. Incorrect watering is the most common way to kill weeds that there is.

Sorry I was absent until now, but I was needed in a meeting in Chicago this afternoon and had to hop a morning flight... just now getting back home.
So here is what happens when you fail to saturate the entire container of soil:
Whatever amount you give, since it is not enough to stand up in that soil all the way to the top, drops down toward the bottom. The top dries out in 24 hours or less, right down to where you have arbitrarily set the water table line to be. There are two sets of roots in our plants... the top roots that spread out along the surface to choke out other competing plants, and the bottom roots that we are mostly aware of. The top roots got to see that pH adjusted water/nutes for a split second before it all sank down toward the bottom. As the top rapidly dried out, the pH rocketed back up to the base level of the soil in that region, and those poor top roots got to see nutrients at the correct pH for only the few hours that the water flowed through there toward the bottom, and then the pH in that dry top region became that of the buffered soil at the top of the scale, locking out many of the nutrients.
The bottom roots are fine, they are still sitting in the correct pH water/soil saturation and are slowly going to see the water line head down to the bottom, slowly drawing the pH across the usable range. Your watering method has allowed you to feed the bottom while starving the top.
Always water to runoff. Stop thinking that you somehow know how much water the plants need and let them and the container tell you instead. The amount it takes to get to runoff will change as the roots become more robust, and you have no idea how much that will be by guessing. You didn't overwater your plants in the past by giving them too much at one time, you watered them too often and with not enough each time, only benefiting one set of roots, and eventually by never letting the bottom dry out, shutting them down too. Incorrect watering is the most common way to kill weeds that there is.

Should I re-water her in the evening? I didn't know much about the roots, thanks for letting me know so much about it. My next grow will be in much better shape.

I would let them dry out again properly, and then water correctly the next time. The nutrition is getting in there, just not as efficiently as it could have.

I wanted to do it right but this clumsy guy knows nothing. I will wait for her to dry out soon now.

Well more than 10% pistils have dried and fallen off and about 20-30% are drying and many pistil tips are turning red. I am attaching photos for your reference.

Attachments

• IMG_20181227_193710.jpg
    IMG_20181227_193710.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20181227_193640.jpg
    IMG_20181227_193640.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20181227_193612.jpg
    IMG_20181227_193612.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom