Iron Chef Challenge

Which strain will be the "secret ingredient"?

• Pineapple Express (PG)

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Super Lemon Haze (PG)

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Lucy, aka Senorita El Esdee (OMM)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Frisian Dew (OMM)

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Strawberry Cough (TS)

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Blueberry (TS)

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters
Just by chance I saw this, when you want mods to do things, please use the Report Post feature at left of every post, so they see it, as we don't read every single thread. ;)
Mods, can we close the polling at midnight tonight?

Doc,
If you want to join the fray. I am representing the hydro growers (although I think for the comp I will do hempy in coco) and Jozo-sha is representing the soil growers. We both use LEDs, although from different sponsors.

We'll be ordering 5 femmed seeds each for the grow and that is all we can use. If we only get one to germinate then make make do with it best you can. We'll be using the same breeder to eliminate any possible variables from breeder to breeder.

We'll also have a target finish date so that we have the same amount of time to produce.

We'll be ordering seeds in the next day or two and will kick off the competition once we all have them in hand. That's when the clock will begin.

We'll have one central journal for everyone to follow, but everyone can also do a more detailed journal individually. We'll work out details for the combined journal entries so that we are all on the same sheet as far as details and frequency of posting.

This should be a blast.

Looks like the Pineapple Express is going to be the winner and it appears that G13 Labs is the breeder (unless there's another one out there?). I looked for a seedbank to order from and of the sponsors that carry it, all but one advertises that they don't ship to the US. The one seedbank that carries it and ships to the States is SSC, but they are almost twice as much as the former sponsor that throws in known genetics as their freebies.

Tough call. So, is G13 the breeder that others are using? If so which seedbank have you used?

Please do not discuss that seed bank here guys, they were very rude and arrogant to us when we asked them to renew sponsorship saying, "We are the world's largest seed bank now and don't need to advertise with you anymore", after we helped them launch their company from a seed. Any discussions of this seed bank will be deleted, if you get anything from them, it cannot be publicized in these high traffic threads, as it would be very inappropriate to our valued sponsors who pay for this website to be here for all of us to enjoy and learn from. Thank you. :Namaste:

I am going to have to bow out of this competition.

I am doing a comparison grow for one of our sponsors, GrowGSL, and given my super hot soil issues (thanks to Blue Planet Nutrients for eyeballing my grow and reinforcing the theory), don't feel I'm giving the light a fair trial.

I am going to finish up my current side-by-side, and when I have the hot soil figured out, will do another test immediately. It's only fair to Donnie, as a sponsor, that I do my absolute best, and right now, it's not at my best.

I defer to SteveHman to choose his opponent, as I can't possibly dedicate the space to this right now. My sincerest apologies for bailing, but I think I need to do right by our sponsor as far as my current grow is concerned.

:bongrip: - JZ

I would suggest that if the first choice is "unavailable" (reasonable cost) from one of our sponsors, go on down the list till you find one that is. You may try asking for a sponsored grow too.

Looks like JZ is tapping out before the grow even started, I'll have to put a check int eh "W" box unless someone else wants to take on the role of Iron Chef Soil. I think DocBuds mentioned joining, that would be an interesting match up, LEDs and Hydro vs. Organic and HPS.

I'll ask the sponsor if they will match the price of another seedbank so that we can keep the sponsors and 420 happy (in fact I may ask if they will sponsor the grow--we can put their name in the title of the thread).

Back
Top Bottom