Is rabbit poo good for flowering stage?

kanmak

420 Member
First grow here in Thailand, on the balcony. Bought a little auto seedling Banana Hammock, from a Thai guy, no idea how old it was. I fed it rabbit poop tea but stopped far too early because I thought it was near harvest time. Plant gets about eight hours intense direct sunlight. I move it around the garden to get light.
Is it too late to give it some flower fertilizer, I want to use something organic, like banana skin.
estimate age about 12 weeks now. How long to harvest, I think about 2 grams?
first pic smaller plant is one in question, other is a regular photoperiod gorilla something or other.

0B1A8291-0E86-482F-BC17-AB9B437166C0.jpeg

3BAADA76-68F5-4E8F-92A9-8B048DD38904.jpeg

78987D15-2165-4050-9471-3E69AFDCCE49.jpeg

First grow here in Thailand, on the balcony. Bought a little auto seedling Banana Hammock, from a Thai guy, no idea how old it was. I fed it rabbit poop tea but stopped far too early because I thought it was near harvest time. Plant gets about eight hours intense direct sunlight. I move it around the garden to get light.
Is it too late to give it some flower fertilizer, I want to use something organic, like banana skin.
first pic smaller plant is one in question, other is a regular photoperiod gorilla something or other.

Rabbit manure is packed with nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, minerals and micronutrients. It contains beneficial trace elements such as calcium, magnesium, boron, zinc, manganese, sulfur, copper and cobalt, just to name a few. ... Rabbit manure is higher in nitrogen than sheep, goat, chicken, cow or horse manure. With that being said because of the high nitrogen content I wouldn’t give that during flower.

I ran several plants from seedling to harvest with just bunny poo .

it’s great in veg but it doesn’t do as well in flowering for me, for whatever reason. Not because of the high nitrogen content but I think because I’m not growing in organics, so in my case without all the micro life to break down the poo, not all the nutrients in it are made available.
When I flowered them on bunny poo only, in peat moss, I got lots of yellowing and they were generally underfed looking

I do continue to use it as a supplement on top of my regular nutrients. You can’t go too wrong by adding some but I wouldn’t add more than a tablespoon per gallon at this stage.

You won’t burn your plants with it but if you add too much you will see the effects of the nitrogen as the leaves will get very dark green and start to curl down. Because the nitrogen is so soluble it tends to be available to the plants before everything else.

However if your plants are growing in organic soil you may find that they behave differently with bunny poo than my plants do.

It would be hard to use it if it had not been composted beforehand. Added in as an natural ammendment uncomposted would have the decomposition happening as the plant grows its rootball, that is possibly not the best, the size of your container will hold it back but you can overcome it by using commercial nutrient regimens meant for them. A 20-30 liter or 5 to 7 gallon container. Good luck to you. GG

It would be hard to use it if it had not been composted beforehand. Added in as an natural ammendment uncomposted would have the decomposition happening as the plant grows its rootball, that is possibly not the best, the size of your container will hold it back but you can overcome it by using commercial nutrient regimens meant for them. A 20-30 liter or 5 to 7 gallon container. Good luck to you. GG
many manures need to be at least aged a bit before immediately applying to a garden but rabbit poop is different. It is considered a "cold" manure and it doesn't need to be aged or composted before use because it breaks down very quickly. It also contains a large amount of phosphorus, which is good for even blooming plants. No poop is as good for plants as rabbit poop is.

This thread has been moved to Frequently Asked Questions.

We work hard to make 420 Magazine as navigable as possible for members and guests so that information can be easily found. We also want to ensure that your own thread receives the most appropriate responses, views or support.

:Namaste:

Rabbit, alpaca and Llama poop can be used straight up no composting required.

Can mix in to soil mix and or top dress as much or as little as you want.

With poop = quality in quality out

Most rabbit feed is kelp meal. So thats a good thing I can use kelp meal straight up as an amendment without composting. So think of the rabbit as a kelp meal composting machine.

Rabbit poop like worm poop can do a lot with it straight up.

I've herd folks grew cannabis in a pile of rabbit poop outdoors and it was fine.

many manures need to be at least aged a bit before immediately applying to a garden but rabbit poop is different. It is considered a "cold" manure and it doesn't need to be aged or composted before use because it breaks down very quickly. It also contains a large amount of phosphorus, which is good for even blooming plants. No poop is as good for plants as rabbit poop is.
Classed as a fertilizer good from butt to grow!

Most rabbit feed is kelp meal. So thats a good thing I can use kelp meal straight up as an amendment without composting. So think of the rabbit as a kelp meal composting machine.
Are you thinking of alfalfa? I dabbled in rabbit raising twice over the many years and the primary ingredient in the rabbit pellets was grains and grasses, especially alfalfa.

Either way, a lot of the growers recommend both Kelp Meal and Alfalfa in one form or another for adding into their soil mixes.

Rabbit, alpaca and Llama poop can be used straight up no composting required.

Can mix in to soil mix and or top dress as much or as little as you want.

With poop = quality in quality out

Rabbit poop like worm poop can do a lot with it straight up.

I've herd folks grew cannabis in a pile of rabbit poop outdoors and it was fine.

If I use too much of it, like more than a couple tablespoons per gallon, the plants really do not appreciate the high
nitrogen level. You can only use so much before they suffer.

But that’s adding it straight. I have a LOS mix cooking which used 30 pounds of rabbit poo and I think when it’s all composted it’s gonna be different. It better be... :D

Are you thinking of alfalfa? I dabbled in rabbit raising twice over the many years and the primary ingredient in the rabbit pellets was grains and grasses, especially alfalfa.

Either way, a lot of the growers recommend both Kelp Meal and Alfalfa in one form or another for adding into their soil mixes.
Oh yeah yup alfalfa my bad thanks for clarifying....

I think you are all Hopping Mad :passitleft:
That is what they said about the Mad Hatter.

Or this (from my wife's favorite song of that long ago era)..

And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall,
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call.

We should also remember what the doremouse was actually thinking ...

Light one up and
"Feed your head. Feed your head. Feed your head"

Back
Top Bottom