It's been a while

jetboy

Hello everyone. I haven't been around for a few years but always loved this site and how informative the growers are.
I've got a few outdoor plants going. I have 2 mystery clones and I had the biggest plant I've ever grown snapped in half in a storm. That was a heart breaker. But my others look great and are thriving.
Here is my question. I have a Grand Daddy Purple and I've grown other purples that never really get purple. Genetics and cooler Temps change the color. I'm wondering if I watered her with ice water a few days before harvest if that would force a color change? I know the color doesn't affect anything but I want the purple color.

It could, but I’ve got no real hard evidence that it for sure will work. I know that it’s said to not use ice cold water for feeding because it can shock the root system. So that being said, I would have to say no.

It could, but I’ve got no real hard evidence that it for sure will work. I know that it’s said to not use ice cold water for feeding because it can shock the root system. So that being said, I would have to say no. :passitleft:
Yeah I would only do it just before harvest that way if it shocks her it's not gonna hurt the outcome much. Thanks for the reply.

i heard if you introduce cold water the first week of FLOWER, it will purple the entire flower cycle, will look for the thread or article on it if i can find it.

its all about the cold temps to my knowledge, ive never tested the ice water, but think about this.

types of shock makes the plant go into "survival mode"

so shocking roots, and purpling isnt gunna be natural reaction for survival, ive heard of ice water boosting trichome production which os there self defense mechanism;)

just the temps change it my friends, my outdoor male/female just started to purple within the last 48 hrs
VideoCapture_20210918-205156.jpg
VideoCapture_20210918-205223.jpg

its all about the cold temps to my knowledge, ive never tested the ice water, but think about this.

so shocking roots, and purpling isnt gunna be natural reaction for survival, ive heard of ice water boosting trichome production which os there self defense mechanism;)

just the temps change it my friends, my outdoor male/female just started to purple within the last 48 hrs
Theres probably 2 weeks to go to harvest and it was in the 40s last night so hopefully mother nature handles the purpling for me.

Umm, that first pic is hermie

Back
Top Bottom