Its my 1st post and i am in trouble

Thank you, I have never even seem a picture of a plant growing before i started but this website has been a massive help and i could not have done it without the support. I have now seen many pictures of plants and am learning daily, I have never been able to frow house plants of any type in the past, I even killed a cactus once. I can not believe my plants are doing so well. I will use two of my plants for Mother plants but i am unsure when they will be ready to take cuttings, it may be best to wait untill the plants are huge to take many cuttings at one one time but I am unsure how many clones you can take at one time.

022160.JPG
023162.JPG
025155.JPG

My babies are now todlers. Can you tell me if my plant is as should be? this is my first grow and i need a little reasurance

Absolutely AWESOME!

You can take clones at the stage your in now, i'd top it and take a few of the bottom ones.

I concur. I top at 6 to 8 nodes, cut it down to four on the plant, and attempt a root from that topping. Clones can be taken, really at any point, as long as you don't strip the original plant. Unless of course you want to devide your crop, then you can strip and root. I've done that with some small plants, and left only one internode with 2 tiny chute buds, and rooted everything I cut. It took as long for the original plant to recover from the ordeal as it took the clones to root, but I had 15x more plants at the end.

That I would not suggest for the novice, though, as it takes a huge amount of care to keep the original plant alive after that.

Thanks guys, i have decided to wait to take clones as i am a little nervous of losing my plants, i will wait until the plant has doubled in size and then i will have a larger room prepared and will take more clones.

You could actually take some clones from the side branches, now, if you wanted to. I have a how-to to help you through it. Don't be afraid, it's easy as pie.
Cloning: Mad Simple
Jandre how sweet of you, i will most certainly be a good student, maybe your best student now and spend time looking at the link you so kindly sent. I am now officially your humble student. A huge thank you from me.

Grow worm, your plant looks great:bravo:.I think your pulling our leg about being in trouble or your an extremely good student. I think you could take four or five clones and your plant would'nt even know it.Welcome to 420.
Head3166:Namaste:

all you need to do when taking clones is make sure the clones are somewhere that has high humidity so use something that gives high humidity like them plastic tubs with the lids on, not doing this will just make the clones will, smaller clones i have managed to get away without having a cover on to keep humidity high and they all lived, but when i took a bigger clone without a cover on to keep the humidity up it just wilted and fell over the next day, which i think is strange considering years ago i took many clones like that and they all lived, guess i was very lucky or the plant was good for taking clones from, so make sure its very humid where the clone is and give it a spray to make sure it stays moist and then this should start to root,

jandre will put me right if i have given you some wrong info,

Excerpt from Cloning:Mad Simple - A Beginner's Guide

Once you have your cutting(s) in the growing medium mist them with the spray bottle filled with water and place them in the tray. Mist the inside of the clear humidity dome and place dome over the tray. (NOTE: The cuttings need some ventilation and a couple of small holes in the dome will usually do the trick).
IMG_33961.JPG

For the first 5-7 days, remove the dome and mist the cuttings 2 or 3 times a day. This step is critical as the cuttings have no way to replenish lost moisture because they have no roots. Mist the inside of the dome and replace on tray. This keeps the cuttings from drying out and also humidifies the air inside the dome. The humidity under the dome needs to be about 90 % until roots appear on the cuttings. (NOTE: Be careful that the air under the dome doesn't get too warm, if it is, you may have to increase the amount of venting, and increase the number or mistings per day). Cuttings need to be kept between 72 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit as temperatures too hot or too cold will inhibit root growth. If you live in a cold climate you may need a heated propagation mat.
IMG_33981.JPG

After about a week you can test to see if your cannabis plants have started to root. Remove the humidity dome and leave it off for an hour or two. If the cannabis plants have not wilted at all then they probably have enough root development to support themselves. If no wilt is noticed leave the dome off, if they are wilted, spray the cuttings and dome and replace the dome on the tray. Once you have determined that the cannabis plants can support themselves, stop misting the cuttings and leave the humidity dome off. (NOTE: Once the cannabis plants have roots, constant misting can actually be harmful to the cannabis plants).

I Promise i have never grown or even seen a grow prior, it is just begginers luck. I have never been able to keep any house plant alive in the past. I have been focused on my grow and have given my babies all of the love. Problem know is that i have had to leave them for 3 weeks alone, they are in big grow room, ventilation good, lighting good, no nutes just water, home made water system etc I just hope they will survive and that nothing goes wrong, I don't trust anyone to look after them as where i live there is no tollerence to growing or smoking and heavy prison time, being a women the law would prob lock me up and throw away the key.

these plants will pretty much take a lot before they die, some houseplants die quick, these seem to want to keep growing, they may slow down if you stress them but killing them is pretty hard unless you fry them with the light or loads of nutes, or keep the soil to damp and get root rot, most problems can be solved and the plant saved, so any signs of a problem post them on here with pics and we will all do our best to help, jandre is here so your in very good hands,

dont forget to enter july's contests, they are now open, vote for member of the month, you can also enter your own plant for plant of the month, and you can enter any buds you have got in the nug of the month contest, all contest can be reached under the link below

Back
Top Bottom