JimmieJ's First Grow - Closet - Soil - Bag Seed - CFLs

I intend to be fully discreet. The biggest thing anyone will even notice when they're here is the obnoxious glade plug-in that I haven't used in the past. I guess everything carries a risk. I understand your reasoning behind why you're doing it and it's sound. There's no reason this forbidden plant should be forbidden in the first place but that's a topic for another thread.

Blab on, Smoke. I've been enjoying your babbling for a couple months now. :thumb:

The first rule of growing you own meds is tell no one... the second rule of growing your own meds is referrence #1...:).....:circle-of-love:

The first rule of growing you own meds is tell no one... the second rule of growing your own meds is referrence #1...:).....:circle-of-love:

You are 100% correct Dennise. Years ago I had a plant growing but too many people knew about it so I got rid of it. Looking back at the pics I took that I was so proud of, it was a tall spindly plant that I was trying to grow next to a window. I didn't even know that one needs to sex a plant so I could've gotten myself in trouble for a plant that would have produced absolutely nothing. Not this time.

Can you please post a pic of a couple of other nodes and of the full plant... I think I am probably looking at a male but don't want ot say for sure without seeing another node... :passitleft: High by the way and hope your having a blessed and green day....:circle-of-love:

Here they are. My camera doesn't focus very well close up. I can see it obtain perfect focus and then it drifts out a hair. I got this. I put a magnifier directly in front of the camera lens and I think I can get some pretty good closeups now. I am so sure that it's a boy now, that if you say it is questionable, I'll be surprised. But I'm new so I will defer to your experience. This is the plant I didn't care much about in the first place so I'm excited to get rid of it and free up space.

other_nodes.JPG
its_a_boy.JPG
GEDC1182.JPG

High back to you! And yes I am having a blessed day! I finally got to chat with you great people and I am hoping to have you all follow through with me till the end.

Could you maybe plug it into your timer so it's off during lights out, then back on during the day when you're up? That probably wouldn't even be noticeable, but I bet it would help with the electric bill!
80 an oz - I could definitely handle that!

I intend to be fully discreet. The biggest thing anyone will even notice when they're here is the obnoxious glade plug-in that I haven't used in the past. I guess everything carries a risk. I understand your reasoning behind why you're doing it and it's sound. There's no reason this forbidden plant should be forbidden in the first place but that's a topic for another thread.

Blab on, Smoke. I've been enjoying your babbling for a couple months now. :thumb:

That's a great idea. As soon as I can afford it I will get another timer, mine is maxed out now with the top and bottom of the bookcase plugged into a 3 way outlet plugged into it already (2 LED panels up top and the CFL's down low) and the tent is 12/12 and far away from it. But thank you! Going to take it easy now for the night. Talk to ya later!

Man ya got some heavy hitters in here Jimmy! Smoke, Dennise, RTK. Niceeeeee. Ya sorry that last post of mine was seemingly blunt.. My dog had to jump on my lap and I hit the mouse and it sent before I was finished. :cheesygrinsmiley: Ya got yaself surrounded by some excellent people my friend! :high-five: Lets get this growin! :thumb:

Its a male.. :jawdropper:

Thank you Logger! I have decided I'm going to give him a massive OD of nutes so I can see what it looks like and how the trouble develops, and share the results as it happens. Unless someone thinks he might release pollen shortly. In that case I will terminate him immediately.

That's a great idea. As soon as I can afford it I will get another timer, mine is maxed out now with the top and bottom of the bookcase plugged into a 3 way outlet plugged into it already (2 LED panels up top and the CFL's down low) and the tent is 12/12 and far away from it. But thank you! Going to take it easy now for the night. Talk to ya later!

If you have a thrift store or estate sales in your area (sign up for estatesales.net - you will get emails when one is in your area) you can score a timer for less than a buck, quite often. Maybe you could have your son check it out for you when you're not up to going out. Take care Smoke. I'm about to hit the recliner for a bit.

Thank you Logger! I have decided I'm going to give him a massive OD of nutes so I can see what it looks like and how the trouble develops, and share the results as it happens. Unless someone thinks he might release pollen shortly. In that case I will terminate him immediately.

Id remove that one. With the sacks that swolen its only hours til they split. Better to be safe than "me" lolz. :thumb:

Id remove that one. With the sacks that swolen its only hours til they split. Better to be safe than "me" lolz. :thumb:

Thanks for the advice Logger. Snip! Now that I have snipped off the parts with the sacks, do you feel it's safe to carry out my OD experiment if I keep him quarantined? Can I use this small snippage of vegetation for anything?
snip.JPG

Unless you can remove it from the house completely to do your experiement and also make sure you wash your hands and change your clothes every time you are around him and then go into your grow room... yep you would be safe...:straightface: IMO you should throw that sucker as far away as you can get him and forget about it....:circle-of-love:

Unless you can remove it from the house completely to do your experiement and also make sure you wash your hands and change your clothes every time you are around him and then go into your grow room... yep you would be safe...:straightface: IMO you should throw that sucker as far away as you can get him and forget about it....:circle-of-love:

I didn't realize pollen was that potent. Point taken and the boy is gone. :thumb:

Id just toss it bud.. Ya definitely dont want a pollenization to ruin the party before it really gets spooled up. :thumb:

I definitely don't want that. But, I wanted some use to come from him so I stripped him of his foliage and tested the limits of bending a stem without breaking it, for future LST knowledge. Pretty impressive what it can withstand without breaking.

GEDC12031.JPG
GEDC12021.JPG
GEDC12011.JPG

And I wanted to see what the roots look like at this stage of growth in this size container. Not sure what to learn from this, but I wanted to see nonetheless.

GEDC12051.JPG
GEDC12041.JPG

Thanks for your input so far everyone. :thanks:

Looks like you were getting a root structure going... I would advise from seeing them that you root in your solo cup or what ever... small pot then pot up to a 1 gallon veg pot and let her build a strong root system before planting her up to her final pot ~ 5 gallons or whatever you are going to use... the better your root system = the better your buds.... make sure you water well... until you have a bit of run off and then let her get pretty dry before rewatering... This causes your roots to have to search around for water instead of growing straight down... you want them to circle the pot looking for water... I'm sure you know all of this I just like to hear myself type...:;):...:circle-of-love:

What ya are doin is a great thing Jim. Experimenting, gettin the feel of a plant, testing and realizing its limits. Now I definitely wouldnt bend a plant that much.. But, you now see the flexibility and resilience of this fine plant. Diggin in the root system is also a good thing. it gives ya an idea as to how the "basement machine" works. Keep curious, keep learning. You are definitely 100% in the right direction. :thumb: :high-five:

I'm probably a bit over the top Jimmie and it wouldn't be the worst thing that ever happened if one or two of those sacks opened but since you are dealing with unknown strains... you don't want to add any more unknows if possible IMO.....:goodjob:...:circle-of-love:

Makes perfect sense. I respect your opinion and will gladly accept and act on sound advice. Thank you Dennise!

Back
Top Bottom