Joe Grows His First Photo

Either could help with support
Okay. I may try to get the cage on there. I just had my first experience with a plant being too big to hold itself up. Her colas are so top heavy and she's so bushy and tall she wouldn't stand on her own. She's very big for an auto, she is a WW XXL, THEY ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THE XXL. Anyway, I had to put 5 bamboo stakes in the pot and tie to that and even the twine to top off tent to support the biggest cola. Idk if I will need a lot more support for the photo or not bc the pot is 3 times bigger. Decisions Decisions.

I think I've heard it said you can top photos more than once? How and when and what are pros and cons?

Okay. I may try to get the cage on there. I just had my first experience with a plant being too big to hold itself up. Her colas are so top heavy and she's so bushy and tall she wouldn't stand on her own. She's very big for an auto, she is a WW XXL, THEY ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THE XXL. Anyway, I had to put 5 bamboo stakes in the pot and tie to that and even the twine to top off tent to support the biggest cola. Idk if I will need a lot more support for the photo or not bc the pot is 3 times bigger. Decisions Decisions.

I think I've heard it said you can top photos more than once? How and when and what are pros and cons?

This is my first grow and they are all photos. I don't think there is anything special about them compared to the automatics when it comes to training. I didn't do any topping or training with this bunch. Next time I will go for bigger pots and top and train them out so that their will be a number of colas sitting on the top. I don't really see any cons to that. I think if you do that you need to be disciplined on how many plants you are growing.

It is done.
420-magazine-mobile1433260594.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1864085448.jpg

This is the WW XXL that still has a couple weeks or so left.
420-magazine-mobile945519144.jpg
Very Nice JD!

So I wanna try my hand at STS on a small portion of my photo. I'm going to order the Sodium Thiosulfate and Silver Nitrate from eBay but before I do I want to make sure these are the right 2 items. If someone could confirm I'd really appreciate it. For some reason I thought someone said the Sodium Thiosulfate needs to be anhydrous, idk if it does or not and there's a big price difference. Will these to work?
420-magazine-mobile2135399362.jpg
420-magazine-mobile583497675.jpg

Yes, silver nitrate and sodium thiosulphate
Thanks. I'm ordering both now. Gotta spend my paycheck on my new hobby. Love this so much. Hopefully by the time that Chemdawg 4 photo gets her I'll have a good handle on WTF I'm doing. Especially with the drying and curing process. Here's some pics of the tent tonight. The Ak-48 auto and Original Juan Herer have been in soil since 5.10.17. I'm thinking bout vegging for 8 weeks. The WW XXL is coming down tomorrow and then there will lots of space in the tent.
420-magazine-mobile1686977935.jpg
420-magazine-mobile600774876.jpg

Training will tame them .
Yeah. She stretched during flower and I wasn't ready for how much she was going to continue so i waited too long then did some supercropping to stop her finally. Broke 2 main tops tho.

Back
Top Bottom