Joe Grows In The Big Show

Not necesarry, the panda film is very reflective
Okay. We just ordered a 10x50 roll of panda film. We are gonna build a room just like the video except we want to make it into 2 rooms that are roughly 5'x5'. I think we are going to build a frame for ours tho. What about the cardboard he put on the floor beneath the panda film. What's the purpose? We have some to use but in the video he never says why to do that.

I can't remember your chosen grow media...but cardboard on the floor if there's a chance of it getting wet is not a good idea...some of those interlocking foam tiles would provide insulation and a water resistance factor...a frame would be a good idea...2x2's would be strong enuff' and offer the opportunity to build a better door and ventilation requirements...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

I can't remember your chosen grow media...but cardboard on the floor if there's a chance of it getting wet is not a good idea...some of those interlocking foam tiles would provide insulation and a water resistance factor...a frame would be a good idea...2x2's would be strong enuff' and offer the opportunity to build a better door and ventilation requirements...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:
I was just talking to my buddy and we noticed his setup is in his garage. Ours will be inside the house with a proper floor. His floor was probably cold, ours won't be. The foam tiles would be good to go under the panda film I think too. Is the panda film on the floor enough for water or should we use some sort of insert like in a tent to catch spills? Also, we want to make both rooms out of the 10' roll, so we will have a divider in between rooms, do we need to have fans venting air from one room to the other like in the video? We only have 1 air conditioning unit, if we have it hooked up to one room will it be enough to keep the temps in both rooms?

Ok Joe I'm just going to tell you what I'm doing and why it works for me. Might not work for you. I'm running my dehumidifier into the vents on my flower tent. (Cooler, dryer air) the flower tent needs cooler dryer air so buds don't mold and cooler to get colors and potency out of them. I pull that air being warmer and moister into my veg tent. Higher rh and warmer Temps are needed for vegging. Then exhaust from there. Just do the same with your 2 rooms

I haven't seen the video...just picturing from your description...If you have a vent close to the floor on each side, that might be enough to take cool air in from the air conditioned room, but likely a couple small fans to either push or pull the cooler air in would be required...Personally, I would go with CFL's or Flouro's for seedlings for 2 or 3 weeks till they're 7 or 8 inches tall...but...each to their own...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

I haven't seen the video...just picturing from your description...If you have a vent close to the floor on each side, that might be enough to take cool air in from the air conditioned room, but likely a couple small fans to either push or pull the cooler air in would be required...Personally, I would go with CFL's or Flouro's for seedlings for 2 or 3 weeks till they're 7 or 8 inches tall...but...each to their own...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:
What kind of CFL should I get and how many for 2 seedlings?

I would use four...horizontal is more efficient, but 2 reflectors with a splitter socket is what I use...don't hang them too high as your new babies will stretch...4 to 6 inches should do it...I don't like to use anything less than 13W, if they're readily available, 6500K or 5000K is the temp you want...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

P10602923.JPG

So my buddy decided hes gonna take a minute to get everything he needs to get started. He's not liking spending so much to get started so he's gonna get it all gradually. Sorry things are moving slowly.
Meanwhile, I am chopping my Chemdog auto fem tomorrow. Someone had mentioned that I shouldn't feed or water her the day before I cut he down. Can someone tell me if that will help in any way or what it's purpose is.

Damn dude . that's a nice looking plant .

Thanks guys. So my buddy is ready to pull the trigger on enough equipment for the first room. Just to get started. I've never dealt with the MH/HPS lights so I need a little help. How many fans are we going to need for a 5x5 room? Does it take 1 for the light and 1 for the filter or can I use the same for both? Can anyone maybe post a link of all "starter" equipment for that size room and 400w MH. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom