Jon’s 3 Autoflower - 3 Pounds Attempt Grow

Hey Vegan! That's odd, but I'm sure they'll correct whatever's wrong. Did you pay for stealth or anything like that? Once the shipment left Europe I didn't get any tracking updates at all. And they arrived a few days after the original arrival date. Luckily you've still got plenty of time for them to re-ship, good luck!
I did not pay for stealth, the website says they will reship if I don't receive them. I already sent them a email, hopefully I will hear from them soon.

I did not pay for stealth, the website says they will reship if I don't receive them. I already sent them a email, hopefully I will hear from them soon.
In my experience at least they have been excellent at returning emails. Hope you get this squared away.

In my experience at least they have been excellent at returning emails. Hope you get this squared away.
I'm sure they will take care of it. I emailed them this morning, it was 4:pm Friday in the Netherlands. So I may not hear back until Monday.

Our prep work for the two other autos continues. Happiness is two big bags of coco. Heh.

22D6E7FA-F4DB-463D-83E6-BB7E451B9F40.jpeg

Banana Sherbet
Day 16

She has indeed taken off. She drains the whole cup in a day. We are right on target to up pot her on Day 18 as hoped. Noice. She’s also way healthy and as expected, is loving the @Prescription Blend nutes.

9F375D68-EF90-44D2-9D5C-CAC20FA6A708.jpeg

FF9E0DBF-A6E7-4F43-B8CE-89CC1316F912.jpeg

Plants look good. Get all your stuff taken care of yet Jon. Or still working on all that
All I have to do now is set up/prep the pots! No sense to do that til the tent is empty. But the 7 for the Banana Sherbet is already done and I am activating it today, 2 days prior to transplant.

All I have to do now is set up/prep the pots! No sense to do that til the tent is empty. But the 7 for the Banana Sherbet is already done and I am activating it today, 2 days prior to transplant.
Yeah I hate that part. Pour corner of my area has bag dirt on floor . Trash. I need to do the same.

Yeah I hate that part. Pour corner of my area has bag dirt on floor . Trash. I need to do the same.
It’s like my least favorite thing to do. Nothing but schwub work. I’m supposed to be the boss. :rofl:

Banana Sherbet
Day 17
New Digs

Up potted her today. A few days early on purpose. Root ball holds together fine but not at all grown out. So the roots never get a hitch. Here’s the new condo.

CFE9C90B-B123-4E19-BB75-85F937CB05E1.jpeg

0AFA9BFC-9ACB-45EC-B70B-66BAE4B630D1.jpeg

So since we are now in the final home for the Banana Sherbet, here’s my thinking.

I’m not sure a scrog gets a pound done, but it has a chance.

I have never grown an auto in a 7 of coco. Titan was in a 5. She filled the pot with weeks and weeks left. Also never layered the pot so closely adhering to the @Bill284 method. The hope here is that with the extra space for the roots and scrogging her out, we can make up the difference between Titan-esque yield (12.75 oz) and an actual 16 ounces.

So there it is. We continue to wait patiently to top above node 4.

Hi @Bill284 - so when I dug out the hole for the Banana Sherbet up potting, it ended up that the bottom of the root ball was sitting on the first layer of perlite it encounters. Pretty cool happy accident. Does this tell you I layered the pot correctly by any chance?

Hey @Jon! I know it's coco but how did you water it after the transplant? Good luck with her!
Hi @BubbaKush909 - I watered from the plant stem out to about an inch outside of the root ball to runoff. Can’t overwater in coco. It’s basically impossible once they’re out of seedling. So every watering from now on is to runoff, and I just build out the same way as in soil.

So here we are about 12 hours post up potting. As you can see, the plant hasn’t slowed or drooped or shown the slightest sign that anything at all happened. This is my point. Up potting stress is a myth. If you do it right, there IS no stress. Zero. We stress ourselves out sometimes with autos worrying about “can/should I up pot?” If stressing out the plant is the only reason, I say go ahead and do it! You won’t cost yourself even a day of growth.

Thank you for entertaining my unsolicited opinions.

CD8EC7E5-F42C-4C7B-96F1-59F165FA2ED7.jpeg

So here we are about 12 hours post up potting. As you can see, the plant hasn’t slowed or drooped or shown the slightest sign that anything at all happened. This is my point. Up potting stress is a myth. If you do it right, there IS no stress. Zero. We stress ourselves out sometimes with autos worrying about “can/should I up pot?” If stressing out the plant is the only reason, I say go ahead and do it! You won’t cost yourself even a day of growth.

Thank you for entertaining my unsolicited opinions.

CD8EC7E5-F42C-4C7B-96F1-59F165FA2ED7.jpeg
In my limited experience trying twice I agree there wasn’t to much stress both times I attempted a up pot didn’t see a decline in growth

Hi @Bill284 - so when I dug out the hole for the Banana Sherbet up potting, it ended up that the bottom of the root ball was sitting on the first layer of perlite it encounters. Pretty cool happy accident. Does this tell you I layered the pot correctly by any chance?
I build it up as I go.
So I can put perlite where I want it.
But I guess you fill the pot then dig a hole and put in the root ball.
That will work just fine.
Make sure you get Dynomyco on those roots.
But yes you have everything correct as far as I can tell.
Let's see these autos explode now. :thumb:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill284

In my limited experience trying twice I agree there wasn’t to much stress both times I attempted a up pot didn’t see a decline in growth
The way I see it @TwelveCoffee is this: let’s say you do what I always used to do, which was to wait until the cup drains in 24 hours to bone dry. Then you up pot. When you do, you have a large mass of roots all around the plant, somewhat curled up at the bottom, right? A seemingly perfect time to transplant. But here’s the rub doing it that way - you just MIGHT lose a day or two of growth, due to the time the roots need to unravel themselves and stray into the new medium. Versus doing what I did here and now generally do - do it earlier, like as soon as the root ball will hold together. Then, when you up pot there IS no unraveling that has to happen. The roots just continue to grow out and the plant literally doesn’t even know the difference. See what I mean?

I build it up as I go.
So I can put perlite where I want it.
But I guess you fill the pot then dig a hole and put in the root ball.
That will work just fine.
Make sure you get Dynomyco on those roots.
But yes you have everything correct as far as I can tell.
Let's see these autos explode now. :thumb:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill284
I was out of DYNOMYCO so I used Great White. Sorry….

Back
Top Bottom