Jon's First Outdoor Grow: Sugar Breath Photoperiod & Strawberry Banana Autoflower

Strawberry Banana Fast Flowering Photoperiod
Day 13

This plant has rebounded nicely in 13 days since sprouting as a one cotyledon plant. I might have pulled her in the past. But since a few others we watch have gone through the same thing lately, and the consensus seemed to be to be patient and give it a little time to see what happens, I proceeded as such. Apparently this is a bit more common than I thought. But it's only been 13 days since she broke ground. And now she appears to be legit!

FFSB oct 24.jpg

@NextLight Autoflower Rig Update
Day 42

Two pictures today. I don't know about you guys, but when I go off the rails like I did yesterday with the feeding supplement for the autos, despite how confident I may sound, I actually worry. A lot. But only for 24 hours. In my experience, if you're going to get yellow tips or damage from overnute-ing or wrong nute-ing, you're likely to see it not long after the feeding in question. So it's now been about 30 hours since that supplemental made up ingredient feeding I gave them.

Here's how they handled it. An overhead shot and a pot level shot. The pot level shot shows the actual colors a bit closer. They're much darker than they appear in the overhead shot, the 420h is so white it affects my camera. Lol.

Enjoy.

NextLight Rig October 24.jpg

Side Shot Oct 24.jpg

I'd say they loved your mix :welldone: they look happy
Thanks, yeah unless I see something in the morning, but I won't. These plants are very thirsty. I bet I could supplement them again in a few weeks. I may do just that, only instead of Beastie Bloomz move to Cha-Ching, the ending FF bud feed.

Thanks, yeah unless I see something in the morning, but I won't. These plants are very thirsty. I bet I could supplement them again in a few weeks. I may do just that, only instead of Beastie Bloomz move to Cha-Ching, the ending FF bud feed.
I just looked at the Cha Ching, interesting product, not quite what I thought, but seems to pack quite the punch.

I just looked at the Cha Ching, interesting product, not quite what I thought, but seems to pack quite the punch.
It's 9-50-10 for god's sake! The 2 FF photos get it tomorrow or Tuesday with their first week 9 feeding and frankly I'm a little nervous. Lol.

GOOD FORTUNE SHONE ON ME TODAY
Serious Photographic Enhancement Coming Soon!!

Any of you guys use Cash App ever? I do. Have been for a while. And today they sent me via email a survey. If you took the survey, the reward was (supposedly) that you got to choose an item from a list that they'd give you for free you just have to pay the shipping. Well, I get these all the time, we all do probably. I usually delete them without opening them. But I never got one from Cash App before and for whatever reason I took the stupid 30 second survey. I never trust that any of these will actually provide the "reward" for taking the survey that they claim.

Guess what? I was wrong. At least about Cash App. Cuz they indeed did present me with a list of items from which to choose my "reward." And guess what I got?

This:
Screenshot_20211102-184009~2.png

I already have the shipping info. It's on it's way. I paid $9.95 for shipping, that's it. They actually did it!!!

I am PSYCHED about this. Hope it works.

Photoperiod Plants Morning Wake Up
Raspberry Parfait: Grow Day 43/Flower Day 7/Next @GeoFlora Nutrients Application - October 30th (Day 49)
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Veg Day 32/Next GeoFlora Nutrient Application (BLOOM) - October 27th (Day 35)
Strawberry Banana Fast Flowering: Veg Day 14/Beginning of @Blue Planet Nutrients

So a few points relevant to GeoFlora Nutrients and Blue Planet Nutrients...

- At their recommendation, my application amount each feeding of GeoFlora Veg and Bloom nutes is 2/3 of a cup. They figured a cup is the amount for a 10 gallon pot and I'm using 7s. So they recommended 2/3 of a cup. But the math itself comes out to 70% of a cup, not 66.666% of a cup, if I were to use exactly 7/10 of the recommended dosage for a pot 7/10 the size of a 10. Not a big deal in the slightest. However, just to make up the 3.333% (and hopefully a bit more, lol), I have made one adjustment to the recommendations from the Geo guys: I am feeding every 13 days instead of every 14. Won't hurt a bit and may help stave off some deficiencies, who knows?
- On Wednesday the Pineapple Upside Down Cake is going to flower. That'll be her day 35. She's plenty big enough, about the same size the Raspberry Parfait was when she went to flower by Wednesday. She's a bit bushier of a plant, but has that same translucent quality and super cool shade of green going on. A lighter green than the Raspberry. Anyway, that being the case, rather than GeoFlora Veg nutes that day, she will get her first application of Bloom nutes. This is exactly what I did with the Raspberry and she's loving life.
- The Strawberry Banana is getting Blue Planet nutes. They begin with the first two weeks of seedling, which I am beginning a bit later due to the long time it took this plant to get to this point. Were she not a one cotyledon sprouter I suspect she'd be significantly bigger now. Anyway, she will begin to be watered with BP nutes tomorrow and I'll do nute/water/nute/water as per the exact BP schedule as written. Start there and see how it goes and if any adjustments to the feed schedule are necessary. The system is three parts, Micro, Grow, and Bloom. All liquid, easy to mix. You use all three in varying amounts with every feeding from start to finish, which makes it a little easier to keep track of. Can't wait to see how they do.

Thanks GF and BP folks for the opportunity to showcase your products. Me and my plants thank you. As does my wallet. Lol.

Here's how the girls look first thing in the morning.

- Raspberry Parfait where she lives
- (2) Pineapple Upside Down Cake (2 different angles)
- Strawberry Banana Fast Flowering

RP where she lives.jpg

PUC morning rig.jpg

PUC morning rig 2.jpg

SBFF morning rig.jpg

Meanwhile, All Our New Autoflower Additions ARE UP!!!!
3 Dos-Si-Dos
1 Gorilla Zkittlez
DAY 1

Can't believe it but all four plants decided to come to the party on the same day for a change! So today is Day One for our 3 DSD and 1 GZ. Never grew DSD, and GZ was the first auto I ever brought to harvest. Excited about both, especially to see if the 10 hours of sun/10 hours of LED per day will be as effective with these as it was with the Sour Apple Spent Soil plant. Beginning @Blue Planet Nutrients today on DSD 1 and DSD 2. DSD 3 and the GZ are in Sohum and get no nutes.

Here's a pic of where they are going to live, in the @Mars Hydro rig, when they aren't in the sun. Real curious to see if I can fill these three 7s with roots from an auto in soil. Already know DSD 1, the only of the four in a 5, will fill her pot. They hopefully will get BIG. And there's one closeup pic of one of the DSDs. I'm not big on seedling pictures, but they all four look like this. Lol.

DAY ONE.jpg

seedling love.jpg

Happy yet another birthday Jon! :party:
LOL. Thanks Otter. Always an exciting day. I have enough soil left to prep the seven for the Strawberry Banana, and *maybe* five gallons left for one more something, and I'm finally out of dirt. Lol.

True Living Organics version 2.2 by The Rev. Sorry about the format it's in. Next page in that journal has it's amendment list for recycling. What's yours look like?
I'm still experimenting. What I have used most often and I guess I would call my "go to" mix is Fox Farms Ocean Forest, Fox Farms Happy Frog, Mother Earth perlite #3 in 40/40/20% mix. This grow I added a 2" thick layer of Mother Earth 70/30 Coco/perlite mix (comes bagged like this, love Mother Earth products) in the middle of the pot, in an effort to increase feeding opportunity by increasing my drainage. I'm trying to fill a 7 with a root ball from autos in soil, so I thought that might help. Then I use Sohum for living soil so far. Gonna try Roots Organics and ProMix as well. Eventually I'll get around to making my own and all that good stuff, but for now I try different pre-bagged products. I really love how weed tastes coming out of Fox Farms soil though, I must say.

I'm still experimenting. What I have used most often and I guess I would call my "go to" mix is Fox Farms Ocean Forest, Fox Farms Happy Frog, Mother Earth perlite #3 in 40/40/20% mix. This grow I added a 2" thick layer of Mother Earth 70/30 Coco/perlite mix (comes bagged like this, love Mother Earth products) in the middle of the pot, in an effort to increase feeding opportunity by increasing my drainage. I'm trying to fill a 7 with a root ball from autos in soil, so I thought that might help. Then I use Sohum for living soil so far. Gonna try Roots Organics and ProMix as well. Eventually I'll get around to making my own and all that good stuff, but for now I try different pre-bagged products. I really love how weed tastes coming out of Fox Farms soil though, I must say.
Take your time. Here's Van Stank's soil recipe to look at. I've tasted his bud and it was tasty as it gets!

UPDATE ON THE OUTDOOR GROW
The Grow is Officially Begun!
Who Made the Cut?
The Beginning of Life!
Interesting Developments with our Sponsor
A GIFT OF KARMIC GLORY

This is an exciting post for me. It contains some significant developments on several fronts. Let's start with the gift. So recently @Rexer won some @GeoFlora Nutrients in one of our contests. Rexer and I talk alot, and may just have a cool thing to share with you guys together in the not too distant future. He's a sweet dude, and I can prove it: the man decided, since he is in a place where shipping of the prize to him is not possible, and since Geoflora was kind enough to offer to send it to someone of his choosing who is in the US, to GIFT ME GEOFLORA NUTES!!!!! This is incredibly kind. I communicated yesterday with Geoflora to get my shipping and all and they will be here shortly. Just in time to use them in the outdoor grow!!!!!!! This is awesome. Many people on here swear by these products and I have never used them before. I am going to use them on the photos. So the photos are going to grow in my Fox Farms soil mixture and get Geoflora nutes!!! We also talked about this becoming something of a sponsored grow, and Geoflora was kind enough to say they would indeed love to sponsor me and this can now be considered and actual sponsored grow! My first one and I am honored that the folks at Geoflora deem me worthy. They have already let me know to let them know if there's anything I need to add to what comes from my boy Rexer and they will get it to me forthwith.

THANK YOU REXER AND GEOFLORA!!!!!!!!

Well, my perfect undefeated string since I first began growing of every single seed I ever tried to sprout successfully sprouting has come to an end at 33 seeds. Damn. The Gorilla Glue Auto seed and the Sugar Breath photo seed have still not yet popped and show no indications that they are going to. I have given up on them. If they pop they pop and we'll integrate them in. But instead, to keep the same number of plants as planned, we are popping two other seeds instead:

1 Chocolope photo from DNA Genetics
1 Strawberry Banana Auto from 420FastBuds

We've covered the Strawberry Banana Auto, this one makes four of them in this grow. I love the strain, so that's awesome. Here's what DNA Genetics has to say on Chocolope, and in a previous post somewhere I posted a lot more info on them when I first received the seeds. It's a classic balls to the wall mostly sativa that I've been looking forward to growing, note that it's a 20X Cup winner, and the Sugar Breath crapping the bed gives me the perfect opportunity. Plus this plant will like the weather probably more than any other in the mix:

CHOCOLOPE​

SATIVA DOMINANT HYBRID
CupWinnerIcon-300x300.png
DNA Genetics Chocolope is created by crossing Chocolate Thai with Cannalope Haze to create homage to the Chocolate strains of the 1980s. Chocolope buds offer an earthy, sweet coffee flavor that provides a dreamy, cerebral effect. Expect a strong, euphoric mental shift that is great when coping with depression or stress.

INFORMATION​

• Genetics: Original Chocolate Thai x Cannalope Haze
  • Terpenes: Earthy, Sweet, Chocolate
  • Uses: Depression, Anxiety, Pain, Stress, Fatigue
  • Effects: Relaxed, Happy, Energized
  • Awards: 20x Cup Winner
  • chocolope.jpg

Awards
    1 - Hydro Highlife Cup 2008
    2 - Outdoor Spannabis 2011
    2 - Sativa HT Cannabis Cup 2010
    2 - Coffeeshop HT Cannabis Cup 2007
    2 - Hydro Highlife Cup 2007
    3 - Indoor 4th edition Buenos Aires - Argentina 2011
    3 - Hydro Highlife Cup 2009
    3 - Coffeeshop HT Cannabis Cup 2008
    3 - Indoor Bio Spannabis 2008
    3 - Hollyweed Cup 2006

So that makes the final plant list in this outdoor/augmented grow look like this:
    4 Strawberry Banana Autos
    1 Gelato Auto
    1 Strawberry Cheesecake Auto
    1 Chocolope Photoperiod
    1 Raspberry Parfait Photoperiod

The new @Mars Hydro super light is arriving a day early. It comes TOMORROW!!!!! I'm salivating! The frames to hold the lights outdoors will be finished today.
    In terms of plants so far, the first three Strawberry Banana Autos are up! Today is Day One on them.
    The Gelato Auto and Raspberry Parfait photo are in their pots waiting to break ground, and the Chocolope and Strawberry Banana Auto replacement plants are in the wet paper towels after soaking for a night. The plants that are in dirt are in the Gorilla tent at a low level getting around 300 par.

I'm gonna wait on posting any pictures until the lights are up in the frames tomorrow. I'll show that in detail as it's a pretty radical thing, I think. You guys will dig it alot.

So that's about it. Very exciting stuff. Let's get it ON.
@Rexer is a solid dude!

Back
Top Bottom