Jon's First Outdoor Grow: Sugar Breath Photoperiod & Strawberry Banana Autoflower

Side Addition
Blueberry photoperiod
Total Experiment
Update 1 of Infrequent Updates

I've had this single Blueberry feminized photo seed lying around a few months, wondering when to pop it. It's from a distributor who is unnamed at moderator request. I tried giving it away, and everyone I knew either had a Blueberry seed or didn't want it. So here's a little mini-project I'll add to the grow, but as the grow is already rather extensive involving lots of areas and such, I won't include it in the regular updates like all the others, just maybe every ten days or so I'll post something on it.

This is what I did:

- Filled a three gallon pot 80% with Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30 blend
- Topped the other top 20% of the pot with Fox Farms Happy Frog, just like the top two inches.
- Poked a hole and made a little slurry in the hole from the soil, water, and Great White mycorrhizae.
- Dropped in the Blueberry seed.
- Covered it.
- Watered the top.

In other words, I tossed a seed in a pot of coco basically. A small pot at that. This is cuz I never used coco other than the two inch layer of it in the auto 7s that are seedlings. I have no idea how fast stuff will grow in it. And I don't really care a lick about the seed or what happens to it. So it seemed a logical way to both get rid of a seed that may turn out great, who knows, and also get at least a small thing going with coco. And see if a seed just tossed in soil will sprout for me for the second time as the just harvested Sour Apple did. The small pot is the other experimental part. I'm going to veg this plant (assuming the seed sprouts) in the @Mars Hydro rig under the FC-E6500 at 20/4 for about 30 days. Then I'm going to bud her outside as with the other photos, regardless of what size she is at 30 days. As the medium is entirely coco (past the top two inches) I will ph my water each time to 5.8 on @Bill284's advice. (Thanks Bill!) And we'll see how big a three gallon photo grown in coco and budded in nature will get. Also see how often I have to water. I expect if it sprouts that the plant will quickly outgrow the three, thus the short veg. Might also be a way to basically finish small but high yielding photos in the same 90 days I can finish an auto in, or a bit more however longer than 60 flower days they need. A three gallon photo in any soil is always going to beat a three gallon auto of the same strain grown in the same conditions, that's a hard fact, so I'm kind of envisioning SUPER SIZED auto yields from a three gallon outdoor photo sent to flower at day 31. I would think a QP should be possible under this scenario as described, anyone agree or I'm nuts? More? I have no clue what a coco three gallon photo is capable of. And I'm going to use Fox Farms nutes on this girl, according to the Fox Farms feeding schedule exactly. Which will actually work out nicely for a 30 day veg as the FF soil chart is set up to flip after week 4. I am assuming since I am using coco and will have to water MUCH more often, I will also be able to feed much more often. Isn't that part of the point of using coco in the first place? b I'm happy to hear anything anyone may have on that concept, if anyone's got some handy info?

If anyone has any advice, or commentary, or whatever, please fire away. Thanks.
Hey how are you doing today Jon.
If it's not too late I'd add a couple things to your coco.
Bokashi is readily available on Zon.
You can add it to soil aswell you really should be using this product.
I also use a product called Frass & Dazzle. Proprietary blend.
But you can just order insect frass.
Microbes & Fungi, seriously the future of growing is right there.
Happy roots big fruits.
Check my Gorilla Glue thread, it's all right there.
Directions for coco growing monsters, hehe.
Stay safe my friend.
Bill

Hey how are you doing today Jon.
If it's not too late I'd add a couple things to your coco.
Bokashi is readily available on Zon.
You can add it to soil aswell you really should be using this product.
I also use a product called Frass & Dazzle. Proprietary blend.
But you can just order insect frass.
Microbes & Fungi, seriously the future of growing is right there.
Happy roots big fruits.
Check my Gorilla Glue thread, it's all right there.
Directions for coco growing monsters, hehe.
Stay safe my friend.
Bill
Well I am basically just trying to use up this bag of Coco before I move. Not quite ready for Bill's proprietary blend. But as soon as I get relocated I intend to abscond with your entire recipe. For now, though, bokashi. Ok. I'll get some and mix it in with the coco. So help me out @Bill284: let's say I have Bokashi, Coco/perlite, FF Happy Frog and FF Ocean Forest, and Soil Activator and Great White. Obviously the Great White is for transplant holes and maybe a one time top dress. But can you suggest to me a blend from those that'll work best for me. Please? I need to know how much of each and how to layer the pot. Thanks! I have four pots yet to be created for the Dos-Si-Dos Fast Flowering Photo, the Future #1 photo, and the Dos-Si-Dos and Strawberry Lemonade photos I am popping now. Yeah, I added four more plants cuz I needed to have 18 growing at once. Lmao.

So with these, here's all the plants I'm managing right now:

3 photos in the Gorilla Tent
5 autos in the nextlight rig
4 autos and 2 photos in the mars hydro rig
2 photos in flower in the yard
4 seeds in paper towels
2 plants drying

So 18 live plants. That's probably enough. I am in take advantage of the weather in this state over the winter mode before I move. Once I move, I will likely never be back to this godforsaken horrid state whose only upside is the weather and the fact that the people are so obtuse you can get away with anything just about.

MAX it out.

heh.

Well I am basically just trying to use up this bag of Coco before I move. Not quite ready for Bill's proprietary blend. But as soon as I get relocated I intend to abscond with your entire recipe. For now, though, bokashi. Ok. I'll get some and mix it in with the coco. So help me out @Bill284: let's say I have Bokashi, Coco/perlite, FF Happy Frog and FF Ocean Forest, and Soil Activator and Great White. Obviously the Great White is for transplant holes and maybe a one time top dress. But can you suggest to me a blend from those that'll work best for me. Please? I need to know how much of each and how to layer the pot. Thanks! I have four pots yet to be created for the Dos-Si-Dos Fast Flowering Photo, the Future #1 photo, and the Dos-Si-Dos and Strawberry Lemonade photos I am popping now. Yeah, I added four more plants cuz I needed to have 18 growing at once. Lmao.

So with these, here's all the plants I'm managing right now:

3 photos in the Gorilla Tent
5 autos in the nextlight rig
4 autos and 2 photos in the mars hydro rig
2 photos in flower in the yard
4 seeds in paper towels
2 plants drying

So 18 live plants. That's probably enough. I am in take advantage of the weather in this state over the winter mode before I move. Once I move, I will likely never be back to this godforsaken horrid state whose only upside is the weather and the fact that the people are so obtuse you can get away with anything just about.

MAX it out.

heh.
Hold on ,before you move????
What's going on.
Seriously have a breeze through my Gorilla Glue thread.
I Explain everything literally everything you need to know to grow great pot.
Layering, mixing of amendments, how to ,along with products needed.
There is a ton of info in there.
Try my mix in your soil or coco it will make your girls as big as mine, hehe.
Here is a lady in coco August sometime.
It’s a bit of work but a few pounds will make you forget the work.
Stay safe.
Bill

B0B030AC-4AD6-496F-803F-165A0B973B43.jpeg

Hold on before you move????
What's going on.
Seriously have a breeze through my Gorilla Glue thread.
I Explain everything literally everything you need to know to grow great pot.
Layering, mixing of amendments, how to ,along with products needed.
There is a ton of info in there.
Try my mix in your soil or coco it will make your girls as big as mine, hehe.
Stay safe.
Bill
Thanks, I will. Appreciate that. Ok, I'm sold. Already was anyway, half my watering technique is cuz of you and you're one of my gurus. I'm a lucky dude. Anyway, yeah, in April or May I am moving back to Pennsylvania. All my friends are there, and a good bit of my family. I hate this state other than the weather, and even that gets SO old cuz it's the same every damn day. I need variety, even in my weather. I can't wait to see some deciduous trees for a fricking change.

My whole life til this state, I have always lived in places that look like your new spread, maybe without the water. But wooded like that. I need it.

Thanks, I will. Appreciate that. Ok, I'm sold. Already was anyway, half my watering technique is cuz of you and you're one of my gurus. I'm a lucky dude. Anyway, yeah, in April or May I am moving back to Pennsylvania. All my friends are there, and a good bit of my family. I hate this state other than the weather, and even that gets SO old cuz it's the same every damn day. I need variety, even in my weather. I can't wait to see some deciduous trees for a fricking change.

My whole life til this state, I have always lived in places that look like your new spread, maybe without the water. But wooded like that. I need it.
Ok I remember you saying before you would like to go back.
Hope you have lots of help.
I packed my entire house while fighting shingles.
Feken covid here couldn't have people in the house back then.
And Stacey got hired on a Thursday and started the following Monday, that was
6 weeks before the move so it was just me and Chewy left to pack.
Pennsylvania is beautiful, got a speeding ticket in Bethlehem once.hehe
Tell me, sun light hrs down there what are they like?
How are you going to flower that photo over the winter?
Stay safe.
Bill

Ok I remember you saying before you would like to go back.
Hope you have lots of help.
I packed my entire house while fighting shingles.
Feken covid here couldn't have people in the house back then.
And Stacey got hired on a Thursday and started the following Monday, that was
6 weeks before the move so it was just me and Chewy left to pack.
Pennsylvania is beautiful, got a speeding ticket in Bethlehem once.hehe
Tell me, sun light hrs down there what are they like?
How are you going to flower that photo over the winter?
Stay safe.
Bill
Ha! I am fortunate enough to have the perfect storm. I flower in the outdoor Mars Hydro Rig, which is essentially the outdoor LED that gets outdoor environment, at 20/4 til I'm ready to flip. Then I toss them in the yard. The natural light cycle from now until around March is around 12/12. At the moment it's maybe 13/11 or 13.5/10/5, and as the winter comes on it will get to a straight up 12/12. So when I toss them in the yard, they start flowering. The Raspberry Parfait I sent to flower 13 days ago and there's pics of her budding in the outdoor journal. The Pineapple Upside Down Cake went outside 3 days ago and is clearly stretching. Oh, and did I mention it is ALWAYS between 78-85 by day and 64-72 by night for those same months? Oh yeah, and the natural outdoor humidity is around 55%. And, over the winter, it doesn't rain much, to the point where I have to water the photos by hand from time to time.

You tell me how it could possibly be better. I don't even like to lay it out there cuz there's so many Canada and northern folks here who have to hate my guts. Lol.

Ha! I am fortunate enough to have the perfect storm. I flower in the outdoor Mars Hydro Rig, which is essentially the outdoor LED that gets outdoor environment, at 20/4 til I'm ready to flip. Then I toss them in the yard. The natural light cycle from now until around March is around 12/12. At the moment it's maybe 13/11 or 13.5/10/5, and as the winter comes on it will get to a straight up 12/12. So when I toss them in the yard, they start flowering. The Raspberry Parfait I sent to flower 13 days ago and there's pics of her budding in the outdoor journal. The Pineapple Upside Down Cake went outside 3 days ago and is clearly stretching. Oh, and did I mention it is ALWAYS between 78-85 by day and 64-72 by night for those same months? Oh yeah, and the natural outdoor humidity is around 55%. And, over the winter, it doesn't rain much, to the point where I have to water the photos by hand from time to time.

You tell me how it could possibly be better. I don't even like to lay it out there cuz there's so many Canada and northern folks here who have to hate my guts. Lol.
They are just jealous fekem.
Too bad we don't get that weather here.
That would be fantastic.
We will have 3' of snow and be minus 20 before we know it.
Winter is tough on my body.
Gorilla Glue thread check it out let me know if you have any questions.
Stay safe.
Bill

Pineapple Upside Down Cake Photo
Grow Day 40
Flower/Stretch Day 5

Strawberry Banana Fast Flowering Photo
Veg Day 20

1. PUC upon waking up to the morning sun on day 5 of flower, she is stretching as wide as she is tall.
2. Strawberry Banana now big enough to spend the day in the sun (and more specifically, the breeze) before returning to the @Mars Hydro rig at night to complete her 20 hours of veg light daily.

PUC Shining Morning Sun.jpg

SBFF Outdoors now.jpg

Raspberry Parfait
Grow Day 49
Flower Day 13
5:04 pm EST

This is what 5 o'clock in the afternoon looks like now down here. Please enjoy this picture of the Raspberry Parfait top forlornly watching her beloved sun fade away all too quickly as it begins to set.

RP at the end of the day.jpg

A Check On The Newest Additions
3 Autos in 7s and 1 in a 5
Gorilla Zkittlez/Dos-Si-Dos 1 - Sohum Soil
DSD 2/DSD 3 - @Blue Planet Nutrients in Fox Farms soil
All 20/4
Currently in the @Mars Hydro rig
Soon to Be 10 hours sunlight/10 hours LED per Day
TODAY DAY 8

- Gorilla Zkittlez
- Dos-Si-Dos 1
- DSD 2
- DSD 3

GZ 11 1.jpg

DSD 1 11 1 .jpg

DSD 2 11 1.jpg

DSD 3 11 1 .jpg

@NextLight Autoflower Rig
Focus: Gelato, aka Michael for @Michael Hunt
Day 51
+ Bonus Picture

This Gelato has turned into quite the little beast. She smells so good....despite that compared to the Strawberry Bananas she is taking her time to get frosty. These guys might have a month left or so. The funny not so funny part is that they are going to harvest at about the same time as the photo tent in the other journal. I'm going to be in trim jail for real. Lol. There are far worse places to be. And my room is going to stink while they dry. Heh.

So here is the Gelato Auto from three different perspectives, a picture showing the morning environmental conditions, and a bonus picture at the end of the Strawberry Banana FF Photoperiod plant looking for the sunrise and languishing under the morning moon. Enjoy.

Michael Gelato 11 2 1.jpg

Michael Gelato 11 2 2.jpg

Michael Gelato 11 2 3.jpg

Here is what they wake up to.jpg

Strawberry Banana FF Photo in the morning light with moon.jpg

OK, We're Finally Done With Additions
Outdoor Grow Journal Final Participants and State of Play

Alright. Both of my seeds sprouted and had lovely tap roots as of today, so I potted them and off we go.

Part of the goal of this grow, since I'm moving when it's over, is to use up every ounce of soil I have. As of this morning, that is done. I did not have quite as much left as I estimated. (What a surprise, just like my yield estimates, lol) So I had to adjust pot sizes a little. I also had to adjust pot contents a bit. So we have a few rather weird pot size/contents thing going on. Like photos in 3s in 75/25 coco/soil, LOL. All numbers are in the final list. Speaking of which, here is the final list of participants in this grow. The state of play, age, soil, pot size, nutes, and grow style for each is in there:

Raspberry Parfait Photo: Grow 52/Flower 16, 7 gallon pot, Fox Farms soil, @GeoFlora Nutrients, outdoor
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Photo: Grow 42/Flower 7, 7 gallon pot, Fox Farms soil, GeoFlora Nutrients, outdoor
Strawberry Banana Photo (FF): Veg 22, 5 gallon pot, Fox Farms soil, @Blue Planet Nutrients, outdoor, not uppotted
Dos-Si-Dos Photo (FF): Seed sprouted, planted in 3 gallon pot, 75% coco/25% FF soil, outdoor, waiting to see light, Fox Farms nutes
Strawberry Lemonade Photo: Seed sprouted, planted in 3 gal. pot, 75% coco/25% FF soil, outdoor, waiting on light, Fox Farms nutes
Blueberry Photo: Planted as seed in Fox Farms soil in three gallon pot, hoping she sprouts, FF nutes, outdoor
(4) Strawberry Banana Autoflower: Advance budding, Day 51, Sohum soil, LED, @NextLight auto rig, 20/4, 5 gal. pot
Gelato Autoflower: Advanced budding, Day 51, Sohum soil, LED in NextLight auto rig, 20/4, 5 gallon pot
Gorilla Zkittlez Autoflower: Seedling, Day 9, Sohum soil, LED/sunlight, 10 sun/10 LED, Mars Hydro rig, 7 gallon pot
(3) Dos-Si-Dos Autoflower: Seedlings, Day 9, LED/sunlight, 10 sun/10 LED, Mars Hydro rig, 1 5-gal/2 7-gal pots, DSD 1 and 2 on Blue Planet nutes and Fox Farms soil, DSD 3 in Sohum soil.

All of the above plants are either out back in my rigs on the backyard lennai, or out in the yard following the sun. I occasionally water a plant or two. In a month it should smell quite fruity around these parts. Lol.

So there's what I am attempting to keep up on with this journal and in general. My last grow in this state. I should be leaving with a decent amount of medicine. Some of which might be half decent. Heh.

Here's our final additions:

Final Additions.jpg

Little Help?

Hey guys - I was moving the Strawberry Banana FF photo from her spot outside to the LED and noticed this. To me, this looks like classic CalMag fix-it stuff. But as usual I'm not really sure.

Would anyone happen to have any input on what I'm seeing in this picture? Thanks! This is in Fox Farms soil and has gotten Blue Planet nutes week 1 and 2 as prescribed, nothing more. Next watering begins week 3, this is day 22 of veg for her. First blemish I've had in quite a while, I forget how to diagnose them, lol.

Thanks in advance guys.

Any help.jpg

How many leaves look like that and where are they on the plant?
Two leaves, that one and the opposite largest fan leaf on the fist node, and there's one small dot of it on one of the large fan leaves at the second node. The two oldest sets of leaves on the plant. The new growth shows no signs of it but I can't take a picture of it now to show you, sorry.

I've got to head home, but have any of your other plants that used this soil shown similar issues this early in veg?
Nope. I never have issues this early in veg. Not for a long time. Never used Blue Planet before though. Same FF blend I always use, 40% OF/ 40% HF / 20 perlite #3. Wondering if they're lite on Magnesium? Does this look like Mg deficiency?

Back
Top Bottom